Are pepperoni balls unhealthy?!

Options
I'm worried i ate something that wasn't so healthy today.. I had a pepperoni ball. Are those unhealthy for you or are they okay to eat? They only have 95 calories but i'm worried because it's kinda made of bread and has pepperoni in it.. here's what it looks like for people who don't know what i am talking about. Thanks.

15hd3sn.jpg

Replies

• BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I probably wouldn't call it "healthy" but I wouldn't call it unhealthy either. As long as it fits your calories goals and is part of an otherwise well balanced diet (enough vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, macro nutrients, fiber, etc), it's fine.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    No one food is healthy or unhealthy, it's all about the big picture and finding the proper balanced diet for you. Does that include pepperoni balls? Hopefully, yes.
  • aluethi1
    aluethi1 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    That looks delicious! I want one!! :)

And as long as it fits your calories etc, it doesn't really matter if you have a little treat type thing.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    I want to make love to that 95 calorie ball of delight.

Though, it doesnt look 95 cal to me. More in the 250range.
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    I want to make love to that 95 calorie ball of delight.

Though, it doesnt look 95 cal to me. More in the 250range.

^this. Holy cheese and crackers, Batman. We got a hot one.
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    I want it.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    No way in the world that's <100 calories, unless it's the size of a donut hole.

It looks delicious. And it's fine. There's no unhealthy food, as long as it doesn't interfere with your ability to hit your nutrient goals and eat enough veggies.
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    scrotal pepperoni is very healthy
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    It probably has 95 calories per serving and that ball of yum is at least two servings. Probably 2.5.
  • Achrya
    Options

It looks delicious. And it's fine. There's no unhealthy food, as long as it doesn't interfere with your ability to hit your nutrient goals and eat enough veggies.

I just assumed it's small and on a really really small plate.

I want to believe!
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

I want to believe!

If we're pretending, I want it to be as big as my head and still 95 calories.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options

I want to believe!

I agree with this.

But in reality, the pepperoni itself is around 90 cal and the bread is another 100. Plus cheese and sauce.
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Holy AHMAZING! If that ball of delicious is 95 calories I want like 10 of them RIGHT NAO.

Seriously though, it's most likely between 250-300 calories.

Still not a bad number.
  • debbersannex
    debbersannex Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Lol, thank you everyone. I appreciate it. They are very good! And it's not really that big, about the size of a bowl.. And the ingredients say 95 calories for 1 ball. :)
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    I'm worried i ate something that wasn't so healthy today.. I had a pepperoni ball. Are those unhealthy for you or are they okay to eat? They only have 95 calories but i'm worried because it's kinda made of bread and has pepperoni in it.. here's what it looks like for people who don't know what i am talking about. Thanks.

15hd3sn.jpg

OMG, that's TOTES unhealthy! Send them all to me and I will get rid of them for you, OP.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    That looks more like Staganelli's (???not sure if correct spelling) pepperoni balls and those are 190 calories for 2 (or 95 cals for one).
  • Achrya
    Options

I want to believe!

Hmm. Touche.
  • amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    that looks like a donut stuffed with meat...90 calories...where do I get one? It is just plain mean to post something that looks like that and not tell us where to get one!!
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options

You are mixing things together. Healthy and weight loss are not the same. As long as you maintain a deficit you will lose , which means that if the 95 calories fit into your daily-weekly-monthly calories, there is no problem.
    Now, if that kind of food is considered unhealthy is something that is up for debate. I eat only whole food and would not touch it. I am not depriving myself, I genuinely don't care for that kind of food. Others , who eat processed foods to various degrees might not agree with me. I would say it is entirely up to you.....if you like it....enjoy it and if it doesn't mess up your calorie count.....stop worrying....unless you eat a dozen of those things five times a week....:o).
  • debbersannex
    debbersannex Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Well I live in Pennsylvania, so I think that's why alot of people never heard or had these before.