Replies

• _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    All balls are edible.
  • Howdoyoufeeltoday
    Howdoyoufeeltoday Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    That looks like a pizza pocket (which I love more then lots of things in this world and if I could still eat cheese I would eat a whole pack right now.) They're like 200 calories which isn't bad. If it fits your cals then great, if not then oh well, try again tomorrow. Just don't call them pepperoni balls, I thought of something else completely when I opened this thread....:laugh:
  • Nissi51
    Nissi51 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    The stats may be similar to these:

There are 190 calories in a 2 balls (75.6 g) serving of stanganelli's frozen pepperoni balls.
    Calorie breakdown: 20% fat, 67% carbs, 13% protein.

It's neither good or bad, it is what is is. Does it fit within your macros? Are you opposed to any of the ingredients used? Answer those questions and then you make an informed decision based on your entire nutrition strategy and goals

A
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    My 2 cents are that it is not healthy. At least in the sense that if you are trying to lose weight, it's not going to help you. Will eating it once hurt your weight loss? No. But eating it time and time again will set you back.

No............ you can literally eat anything you want as long as it fits within your caloric deficit to lose weight..... There is no wiggle room with that statement...
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    All balls are edible.

I would wager to guess that biting down on some balls would inflict sadness and pain.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    I'd love to believe that pepperoni ball is 95 calories but there's no way it is!
  • ebayaddict0127
    ebayaddict0127 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    if u calculated....no prob
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    I don't think they are deep fried...
    http://www.jognhog.com/videos/what-is-a-pepperoni-ball/
    About 30 seconds in - looks like a deep fryer to me.

Also, wanted to add that these are some times sold frozen and you have to bake/fry them off on your own. Since OP mentions a list of ingredients, I am guessing this might be the case.
  • Schlackity
    Schlackity Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I feel compelled to try making these myself. If I make them this weekend and get a good result, I'll post the recipe with nutritional info for all the ingredients.

Anticipating some serious yum!
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    The web site that shows them being deep friend states 95 calories too - however maybe that's ones you can bake at home instead.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Again, what are these chemicals?

NaCl is a chemical, and it has a component that was used in poison gas in World War I! If that's not dangerous, I don't know what is!

j/k

Was about to say...:laugh:

Don't forget about that horrible dihydrogen-oxide stuff.
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Pepperoni-not the healthiest food around. Why would you turn to a "pepperoni ball" when you feel you are having an unhealthy day? Kind of odd. In my opinion, you could have chosen a much more nutritious food for the same 100 calories.

baby carrots with hummus

Egg whites and toast

Hard Boiled Eggs

Protein Shake

Frozen Grapes

The ideas are really endless and are most much better than this ball of diarrhea. :)

There's some lovely inagery

Especially given the poster.

OP, those look intriguing...
    Alas, I'm allergic to pepperoni and don't eat pork lol
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    if you maintained your calorie deficit then you are fine...
  • ndj1979
    Options
    No way in the world that's <100 calories, unless it's the size of a donut hole.

It looks delicious. And it's fine. There's no unhealthy food, as long as it doesn't interfere with your ability to hit your nutrient goals and eat enough veggies.

I just assumed it's small and on a really really small plate.

I want to believe!

If we're pretending, I want it to be as big as my head and still 95 calories.

while we are pretending, can it be negative calories too?
  • debbersannex
    debbersannex Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I don't think they are deep fried...
    http://www.jognhog.com/videos/what-is-a-pepperoni-ball/
    About 30 seconds in - looks like a deep fryer to me.

Also, wanted to add that these are some times sold frozen and you have to bake/fry them off on your own. Since OP mentions a list of ingredients, I am guessing this might be the case.

Yep, they were sold frozen. And all I do when I had them were heat them up in a microwave. That's it.
  • debbersannex
    debbersannex Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    That looks like a pizza pocket (which I love more then lots of things in this world and if I could still eat cheese I would eat a whole pack right now.) They're like 200 calories which isn't bad. If it fits your cals then great, if not then oh well, try again tomorrow. Just don't call them pepperoni balls, I thought of something else completely when I opened this thread....:laugh:

Definitely not a pizza pocket. These are called pepperoni balls over here.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    Just cus it's low in calories don't mean it's healthy, but doesn't mean it's unhealthy either. However, I think you know the answer to this. Pepperoni is fatty unless it's turkey pepperoni, white bread is not good for you, it's a bad carb, however it's ok to have something like this once in awhile, so don't beat yourself up.

there is nothing wrong with fat, and fats should compose about 30 percent of your diet…

and white bread is bad…please? As opposed to other bread that is "good"….
  • Crateria_
    Crateria_ Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Would eat.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    There's no such thing as an unhealthy food, only unhealthy diets. If it fits your macros for the day it's perfectly fine for you to eat.

Wow really? That's crazy, so food with a lot of bad chemicals is perfectly healthy?

lolz all food have chemicals in them...
  • ndj1979
    Options
    Pepperoni-not the healthiest food around. Why would you turn to a "pepperoni ball" when you feel you are having an unhealthy day? Kind of odd. In my opinion, you could have chosen a much more nutritious food for the same 100 calories.

baby carrots with hummus

Egg whites and toast

Hard Boiled Eggs

Protein Shake

Frozen Grapes

The ideas are really endless and are most much better than this ball of diarrhea. :)

why eat that boring crap when you can have an amazing pepperoni ball for the same calories and fill in your fat/carbs/protein for day..????

hard boiled eggs will do wonder for your breath and will have you passing gass like an old geezer..just saying...