Options
    kielbasa balls are even better...

_MG_1414.JPG
    homemade sweet bread dough wrapped around a juicy meaty nugget :love:

:love:
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    In just in case a recipe or location is posted for these tasty treats and to watch the whole healthy vs. unhealthy debate....... Never gets old..... Well....... sometimes...... lol
  • silverinc13
    silverinc13 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Holy crap that looks delicious.
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    24d9edb3-75bd-4621-a1cd-7bfd85bb0ba1.jpg
    Love this picture. And the cover of that one book, what was it called? We <3 chemicals?
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    12 bucks for 25 of em shipped to your door. 3.2 ounces each. Ordered for science.
    tumblr_mgdl4wvwPp1rmihxno1_500.gif
  • jovalleau
    jovalleau Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Pepperoni balls? That right there is a pepperoni roll.

I live in WV, where these things were essentially invented.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    By the way, this was the best advertisement ever, lol!

They actually look pretty small. 3oz. So yeah. I can see 95 calories.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    There's no such thing as an unhealthy food, only unhealthy diets. If it fits your macros for the day it's perfectly fine for you to eat.

Wow really? That's crazy, so food with a lot of bad chemicals is perfectly healthy?

Bad carbs, bad fat, bad chemicals...

That's enouhg internet for today.

75514-thats-enough-internet-for-toda-l6sP.gif
  • debbersannex
    debbersannex Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    They look yummy I would definately eat that - maybe the sodium might be high though so not the day before weighing :ohwell:

Sodium is 205mg.. is that bad?
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    12 bucks for 25 of em shipped to your door. 3.2 ounces each. Ordered for science.

I couldn't find an order form for the life of me!
  • silverinc13
    silverinc13 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    http://chowhound.chow.com/topics/179005

Apparently this is thing for real. I want about 100.
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    205 mg is perfectly fine. MFP will give you something like 2300 for the day, and if you drink enough water even more is no problem at all.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    They look yummy I would definately eat that - maybe the sodium might be high though so not the day before weighing :ohwell:

Sodium is 205mg.. is that bad?

Depends on who you ask.
  • spunk_master_flex
    Options
    I'm worried i ate something that wasn't so healthy today.. I had a pepperoni ball. Are those unhealthy for you or are they okay to eat? They only have 95 calories but i'm worried because it's kinda made of bread and has pepperoni in it.. here's what it looks like for people who don't know what i am talking about. Thanks.

15hd3sn.jpg

I want to tongue that ball...
  • royaldrea
    royaldrea Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    How is that thing at 3oz 95 calories when 1oz of cheese is like 100 calories? That's unfair, cheese is so much better than everything else ever.

Also that looks amazing, if I ate pepperoni I'd totally be in there.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    Brb...off to make pepperoni bread so I can eat the whole thing myself.
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    There's no such thing as an unhealthy food, only unhealthy diets. If it fits your macros for the day it's perfectly fine for you to eat.

Wow really? That's crazy, so food with a lot of bad chemicals is perfectly healthy?

What foods are that? And if they are "bad chemicals" I doubt they'd be allowed to sell it.

Your trust in the FDA is pretty amazing, honestly.

I would say there are foods healthier than others.

There are foods that may be nutritionally better than others, but please, tell me which foods are going to kill me then? Could you also provide the peer reviewed studies for those while you are at it? (Peer reviewed studies. Not blogs or wikipedia) :smile: Thanks ahead of time :bigsmile:

I love it when people are smug. I realize that the absence of peer reviewed studies do not prove that there are foods who kill people due to their additives. The smuggies however tend to forget that the absence of peer reviews also don't prove that certain foods do not do any harm.
    I just wonder as a non-American not living in the US ( assuming that is where you are from ) if all the FDA permits is so healthy, why do they regularly withdraw certain food additives and chemicals from use in the food industry and why are so many additives/chemicals deemed dangerous in many countries , but not in the US ? Is it because the rest of the world is just uninformed and behind the times....or why ?
  • stephross88
    stephross88 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Pepperoni-not the healthiest food around. Why would you turn to a "pepperoni ball" when you feel you are having an unhealthy day? Kind of odd. In my opinion, you could have chosen a much more nutritious food for the same 100 calories.

baby carrots with hummus

Egg whites and toast

Hard Boiled Eggs

Protein Shake

Frozen Grapes

The ideas are really endless and are most much better than this ball of diarrhea. :)
  • stephross88
    stephross88 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    My mistake, I read your posing wrong disregard my turning to a pepperoni ball statement:)
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Pepperoni-not the healthiest food around. Why would you turn to a "pepperoni ball" when you feel you are having an unhealthy day? Kind of odd. In my opinion, you could have chosen a much more nutritious food for the same 100 calories.

baby carrots with hummus

Egg whites and toast

Hard Boiled Eggs

Protein Shake

Frozen Grapes

The ideas are really endless and are most much better than this ball of diarrhea. :)

There's some lovely inagery