• kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Keep it at the beach.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    fbmandy55:

I will defend someone's right to do something if it makes them happy, but if they look gross doing it, internally I will think "gross".

Make sense?

I'm guessing you just want to call me a hypocrite and move on, whatever, you and everyone that responds to me is just proving my point about the angry mob of MFPers trolling and flaming, hard as hell.

I wouldn't discriminate against someone or call them an attention *kitten* because they are wearing a bikini no matter what size they are.
    You must be hungry.
  • levitateme
    levitateme Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    fbmandy55:

I will defend someone's right to do something if it makes them happy, but if they look gross doing it, internally I will think "gross".

Make sense?

I'm guessing you just want to call me a hypocrite and move on, whatever, you and everyone that responds to me is just proving my point about the angry mob of MFPers trolling and flaming, hard as hell.

I wouldn't discriminate against someone or call them an attention *kitten* because they are wearing a bikini no matter what size they are.
    You must be hungry.

You must be a really positive, pleasant friend to have. Someone who understands jokes and is generally cool.
  • levitateme
    levitateme Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    You must be hungry.

I can't believe I've wasted so much time replying to you, since you just want a reaction to your commenting on my "everyone's hungry" joke but I just need to let you know this one thing: For someone who seems to hate attention *kitten* so much you sure love attention.
  • eAddict
    eAddict Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Jesus, why does every single thread on this site have to turn into a petty argument?
    It does not!
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    catbikini.gif
  • fleetzz
    fleetzz Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    Is it ok to walk around in a bikini and shorts and flip flops in the summer on the weekend? Where is the line drawn on where this is appropriate and not? gas station run, grocery store to grab something quick, around town? how about if your just in your yard doing chores, walking around ect. By the way I am 27 if that is to be considered.

It is ok where I live (Florida). It is ok in spring and fall too.
  • in_the_stars
    in_the_stars Posts: 1,395 Member
    Options
    Hahahay! :P
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    your profile says you live in South Dakota, so the correct answer is never...
  • _NAUTILUS_
    _NAUTILUS_ Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    So I live on an island where the normal wear is board shorts or bikini top. A one piece is considered your sunday best clothes. Shoes are recommended when walking on the shell covered sidewalks. I wore a long sleeve t-shirt for the winter. The current temp today in 33040 is 78 degrees. So if you live some place that your bikini is considered offensive you need to move here.
  • CrackedSkull
    Options
    MOST IMPORTANT PART OF THIS IS are YOU comfortable wearing it? If you answer yes than tell everyone else to Fu*# Off. Overall it doesn’t matter what they think. The only people that matter are you and the people who truly care about you.
    Now I am NOT saying you can wear a bikini to church. But if you can rock a bikini top and shorts then go for it when you are going about your normal daily routine. Be sure to wear what is comfortable and makes you happy. Sometimes this means making others uncomfortable and judgmental. Even if you end up on people of Walmart.com at least you are happy and comfy.
    :smile:
  • chelseafisher5648
    chelseafisher5648 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I agree I am not attention seeking and by most the post read that is not what most woman think. I live a mile from the river and live in small town so if Im making a quick trip to town to grab something I often don't change and I am comfortable in my skin.I just wondered how others view it out of respect.
  • runliftluv
    Options
    it only takes a minute to throw a tee or a tank over that bikini top. just sayin. def not appropriate in a store or out in public unless you are in a beach community during the daytime and going to/coming from the beach or pool.
  • Andreaviolet89
    Andreaviolet89 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    If at 27 you don't know how to dress yourself and what is appropriate then that is a problem. Many swim suit companies make very cute cover ups and slip on dresses so that you can be appropriate once you leave the beach or pool or so on.
  • chelseafisher5648
    chelseafisher5648 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I do live in SD it hit 100 in summer and I live 2 miles from river
  • meganjcallaghan
    meganjcallaghan Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    go for it. you're just lucky you haven't been left in a state where you can't wear a bathing suit at all like some of us....lol. Let those of us in weird skin suits live vicariously through you.
  • Wiseandcurious
    Wiseandcurious Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    This thread was a cultural education..

Where I come from, forget the bikini, the actual * flip flops* are never appropriate unless you're walkng to/from/on the actual beach/pool side etc.... Were I live now, women wear them to work. Go figure....

I would say for the OP , whatever is the legal minimum to wear in a public place in your state will at least guarantee you don't get arrested :smile: Beyond that point it's all up to good taste and common sense...
  • HardcoreP0rk
    HardcoreP0rk Posts: 936 Member
    Options

Where I come from, forget the bikini, the actual * flip flops* are never appropriate unless you're walkng to/from/on the actual beach/pool side etc.... Were I live now, women wear them to work. Go figure....

I would say for the OP , whatever is the legal minimum to wear in a public place in your state will at least guarantee you don't get arrested :smile: Beyond that point it's all up to good taste and common sense...

I didnt even think about the flip flops! Here in New England, it's considered déclassé to wear them unless you're on the way to the beach / pool / shower / nail salon
  • Orion782
    Orion782 Posts: 391
    Options

I didnt even think about the flip flops! Here in New England, it's considered déclassé to wear them unless you're on the way to the beach / pool / shower / nail salon

Mark down yet another reason why I dislike New England! I will pretty much wear Flip Flops anytime it's above 60 degrees. :laugh: