When people get the wrong kind of "treat" for you.

Options
1234568»

Replies

• Dewymorning
    Dewymorning Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Can;t you say "OH thanks. I prefer the creme eggs to the caramel ones, so, remember that for next time *wink* ?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

It's like a really, really disappointing Reese's cup /:

BLASPHEMER!!!

The eggs are better than the cups, IMO. More PB to chocolate.

Reeses-Eggs.jpg

Doesn't look like an egg, but looks amaaaaaaazing...
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    They know better! Nothing is better than the WRONG treat.131016085631_butterfinger-cups1016_zps3fe20ad5.jpg
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    Wow....three pages over a piece of chocolate ( not even really good chocolate ...lol ) !
    I wish I lived in a 1st World country and could share those problems......:o).
    Now back to filling the bath tub, pots and buckets with water, because due to a chronic water shortage my part of the town will have the water turned off this pm until late Sunday night, so another part of the city can have water.

LOL Third World Problems
  • Iknowsaur
    Iknowsaur Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Wow....three pages over a piece of chocolate ( not even really good chocolate ...lol ) !
    I wish I lived in a 1st World country and could share those problems......:o).
    Now back to filling the bath tub, pots and buckets with water, because due to a chronic water shortage my part of the town will have the water turned off this pm until late Sunday night, so another part of the city can have water.

LOL Third World Problems

LOL.
    *hug*
  • sjohnny
    Options
    It happend to me today. A colleague gave me a huge box of chocolates because of some award I received at work. She wanted to give me something too I guess as congratulations. I thanked her. I ate a piece then put the box in the commual snack area because no way am I eating 20 chocolate pieces all by myself.

Directions please to your communal snack area while there are still 19 pieces.
  • cstringfellow2013
    cstringfellow2013 Posts: 172 Member
    Options

Do not, I repeat DO NOT, ever even try one bite of Moose Tracks ice cream.

We are an Denali Extreme Moose Tracks family, but I just went to their website and they have 30 flavors! The Chocolate Moose Tracks has peanut butter cups in it! As soon as I leave work, I am headed to my grocery store and DEMAND they stock it. And the Andes Mint one, too. I feel like we have purposely been denied these DELICIOUS TREATS!
  • AlwaysInMotion
    AlwaysInMotion Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Crack open the caramel egg. Smear a tantalizing bit of the caramel across your bare collarbone or decolletage (your choice). Lean over to your dear BF and whisper something sweetly seductive. Tremble a bit as he devours said caramel. You then purr into his ear "We should do that again with the creme eggs sometime." You will come home to 3 dozen Cadbury creme eggs tomorrow night. Problem solved.

Thread win!

Just never (and I mean *never*) try that with coleslaw. Seriously.

Hmmmm, I could see a smokin' hot vegan pulling that one off. It's all about presentation!
  • blytheandbonnie
    blytheandbonnie Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    The hierarchy goes Chocolate & caramel > Chocolate & peanut butter >x1,000,000 Chocolate and gelatinous egg goo.

Sacrilege! There is no better combo on this planet than chocolate & peanut butter!

Oh, and speaking of 'gelatinous egg goo', am I the only one who takes a bite of the shell and then eats that part first? Is that normal or am I a total psycho? #fatkidproblems

Bro, that is the ONLY way to do it.

No, no, no. You eat the chocolate and goo TOGETHER.

This is why the mini eggs are perfect.

I would fight you, but you intimidate me so much .-. Fack.
    I'm a *****cat, really.
    This always cracks me up because my mind instantly starts trying to insert the correct expletive until I realize it's just another word for kittycat. Aaaannnnd, the correct way to eat a creme egg is to bite an entrance hole in the chocolate and then extract the creme with one's tongue, eating bites of chocolate as is left naked by the removal of the creme.
  • sjohnny
    Options
    Crack open the caramel egg. Smear a tantalizing bit of the caramel across your bare collarbone or decolletage (your choice). Lean over to your dear BF and whisper something sweetly seductive. Tremble a bit as he devours said caramel. You then purr into his ear "We should do that again with the creme eggs sometime." You will come home to 3 dozen Cadbury creme eggs tomorrow night. Problem solved.

Thread win!

Just never (and I mean *never*) try that with coleslaw. Seriously.

Sauerkraut or GTFO
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    I would just be honest otherwise he might just do it again

Is that like a valid thing to do though? Or am I just being super selfish and crazy?
    If I am, please let me know and I will promptly get over it :P

You're asking whether it's appropriate to communicate things you feel to your boyfriend? Think about that for a minute.
    Oh yeah. Spot on.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

Is that like a valid thing to do though? Or am I just being super selfish and crazy?

You're asking whether it's appropriate to communicate things you feel to your boyfriend? Think about that for a minute.
    Oh yeah. Spot on.
    I think the main issue here is that she feels bad and a bit guilty and doesn't want to hurt his feelings.
  • kellymac518
    kellymac518 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    this has happened to me before... i've learned i just have to get things i want for myself if i want to make sure i get the right thing... sucks when i'm feeling lazy but its better than getting the wrong thing and feeling bad about not eating it
  • Spewze72
    Spewze72 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Oh. You totally got me, brilliant.

They make Reese's peanut butter eggs? EGGS???

I so gotta go to the US.
  • tashmoore11
    tashmoore11 Posts: 10 Member
    Options

smile at him. tell him you forget to say you wanted the other kind and that it was your mistake. thank him for being so thoughtful. ask him if he'd like it instead because you don't really like the type he got you.

everybody makes mistakes. i'm sure your boyfriend will understand.

This ^^^

Tell him you should have been more specific and you will try to remember that next time. Thank him for being so nice to pick it up anyway. If he is a good boyfriend he will understand. Say it in a happy/neutral tone, DON'T say it with a guilt trip tone, DON'T say it sarcastically. Just be honest and sincere.

I have done this with my husband before. He does it with me too when I accidentally grab the wrong thing, or he isn't specific enough. Honest communication is important.

The collarbone idea sounds good too though.... ;)