250 calories per day on chocolate?

Options

Replies

• 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    I save 450 for crunchy jif every day. So I say yes.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Be careful of your fat and sugar intake too! You might be within your calorie target, but if you are significantly over your fat and sugar intake on a regular basis you probably won't see the results.

This is not a factual statement, fat and sugar won't make you gain weight unless there is a surplus.

Rigger

I average about 40% fats. I've done just fine.
  • fittyinthemaking
    fittyinthemaking Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    i buy one cadburys cream egg or a small packet of maltesers maybe once every 2 weeks... if i buy a multipack ill eat the whole thing... although i keep a large bar of tescos 85% cocoa dark chocolate in the fridge and have 2 squares with berries as a snack/treat every so often, i dont crave dark chocolate so its safe to keep in the house :laugh:
  • 4MissRose
    Options
    Yes! I start my day with cake: either a May West, Joe Louis or Ah Caramel bar; 170 cals per bar. This bar singlehandedly keeps me away from donuts, chocolate bars, etc. I can turn these down without even blinking, something I could/would never do before. :happy:
  • slb260
    slb260 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Oh, how I love chocolate. I was just going to post something like this. :) I'm not having any success at losing weight yet, but I will keep plugging away. I have a dairy sensitivity, so I can't have just any chocolate, but I've found some I can eat, and eat it I do.
  • Stacy_WLS
    Stacy_WLS Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm scared to try a full on chocolate bar and really focusing on protein, so for me this wouldn't work, BUT I have a dark chocolate calcium disc every night. It is delicious and only 30 calories + 500 mg of calcium.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,009 Member
    Options
    Make sure you are getting your micronutrients and hitting your macro goals. Then eat all the chocolate.

Dark chocolate contains some good micronutrients like iron.

And potassium.

And flavenol polyphenols, which are good for controlling blood pressure.
  • UmmSqueaky
    UmmSqueaky Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    I've been eating a serving of dark chocolate chips every evening for probably 2 months, so long as I have enough calories left. So far, so good.
  • SquidVonBob
    SquidVonBob Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I keep a bowl in my room filled with small pieces of chocolate. I eat a little bit every day.
  • Dewymorning
    Dewymorning Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I keep a bowl in my room filled with small pieces of chocolate. I eat a little bit every day.

:O

If I did that I would eat the whole bowl without even thinking.
  • sokkache
    sokkache Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I buy ghirardelli dark squares that are 60% cocoa so it's not too bitter yet not too sweet. It satisfies my craving for chocolate and sweets instantly. Half of the bar is only about 250 calories so even if you eat the whole bar, it's less than other chocolate bars.
  • victoria_1024
    victoria_1024 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    I ate 2 m&m cookies from subway tonight. Mmmm soooo good.

Chocolate is really my weakness too. I've been doing so much better this time around trying to lose weight by actually eating it when I want.
  • Daisyisacat
    Options
    Yes - as long as it is good chocolate :smile:
  • nicmax88
    nicmax88 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    What are the 'macros' everyone is talking about?
  • skinnybythanksgiving
    Options
    Yes! If the chocolate make you binge and go over calories, no. Make sure you get your fruits and veggies in to make up for the lack of nutrition in the chocolate. You'll do fine.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    Of course. I've lost around 140 pounds eating ice cream, candy, and chocolate.
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    YES
  • silken555
    silken555 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    What are the 'macros' everyone is talking about?

Macros are your daily percentage of fat, protein and carbs. You can set the percentages for each and look at them under the nutrition tab in the app. You know you're doing well if the percentages you have at the end of the day are close to what you set up. A common set-up is 40%carbs/30% protein/30% fat.
  • dieter1200
    dieter1200 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    As long as u r within your calories go 4 it. I like fun sized candy bars there r all about 80 calories. Or a cup of hot chocolate nestle is about 80 calories for chocolate cravings.
  • CountDown321
    CountDown321 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Eating at a deficit is the key for sure. However I wouldn't recommend intentionally eating that much chocolate every day. I certainly understand having less than ideal self control, but eating at a deficit and maintaining health requires some planning to get nutritious foods.