250 calories per day on chocolate?

Options

Replies

• tegalicious
    Options
    Wrong wrong wrong wrong !!

Yes eat within your calories sure that's fine but all that sugar is going to be burnt before the fat is so the more sugar intake you have the less fat you will burn overall it goes like this

Sugar---- carbs----fat

The less sugar you have the quiker carbs are burnt for energy the wuicker fat is birnt so sure eat tons of sugar but don't exoect a huge fat loss anytime soon

Um..... Sugar is a carb....

Everybody loves the semantics that enable them to feel better about their choices.

Yes, both sugar and carbs are each a sugar and a carb, but that doesn't make him incorrect in his assertion that the body burns "simple" sugars, then carb "sugars," then fat, and later protein.

But, by all means, assert the unimportant minutia. It's always sooo helpful.

Hmmm... Then why did I lose 40 pounds while eating all the sugars?? If his assertation was correct then I wouldn't have lost any weight because my body would simply use my dietary sugar for fuel and not even touch my body fat.... And that didn't happen so.... Maybe it was in fact the calorie deficit I was in that resulted in my weight loss....

Same here. Dietary sugar isn't listed in food here, just overall carbs/fat/protein so I don't even track sugar. I've lost over 70lbs.

Add my 51 lbs to this. :drinker: medical marvels, I guess!

I'm a bit bored of sugar being demonised and blamed for weight gain.
    CHOCOLATE didn't make you fat.
    Eating too much goddamn food and not moving enough made you fat.
    Eat a little bit less of everything, move a little bit more than you did before.
    Sugar is not going to come into your bedroom at night and fart on your pillow.

Yeah it's getting a little old.... I have no doubt that it wasn't the sugar in the cookies I ate that made me fat. It was eating the whole box in one night after nachos and three rum and cokes in addition to the three servings of muesli, three Greek yogurts, two bananas, two apples, the orange, the turkey sandwich, the five cheese sticks, the half bag of carrots (five servings) and two cucumbers and entire bag of goldfish crackers I ate every day while doing no exercise that made me fat.
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options

Yes eat within your calories sure that's fine but all that sugar is going to be burnt before the fat is so the more sugar intake you have the less fat you will burn overall it goes like this

Sugar---- carbs----fat

The less sugar you have the quiker carbs are burnt for energy the wuicker fat is birnt so sure eat tons of sugar but don't exoect a huge fat loss anytime soon

Everybody loves the semantics that enable them to feel better about their choices.

Yes, both sugar and carbs are each a sugar and a carb, but that doesn't make him incorrect in his assertion that the body burns "simple" sugars, then carb "sugars," then fat, and later protein.

Hmmm... Then why did I lose 40 pounds while eating all the sugars?? If his assertation was correct then I wouldn't have lost any weight because my body would simply use my dietary sugar for fuel and not even touch my body fat.... And that didn't happen so.... Maybe it was in fact the calorie deficit I was in that resulted in my weight loss....

Same here. Dietary sugar isn't listed in food here, just overall carbs/fat/protein so I don't even track sugar. I've lost over 70lbs.

Add my 51 lbs to this. :drinker: medical marvels, I guess!

I'm a bit bored of sugar being demonised and blamed for weight gain.
    CHOCOLATE didn't make you fat.
    Eating too much goddamn food and not moving enough made you fat.
    Eat a little bit less of everything, move a little bit more than you did before.
    Sugar is not going to come into your bedroom at night and fart on your pillow.

Yeah it's getting a little old.... I have no doubt that it wasn't the sugar in the cookies I ate that made me fat. It was eating the whole box in one night after nachos and three rum and cokes in addition to the three servings of muesli, three Greek yogurts, two bananas, two apples, the orange, the turkey sandwich, the five cheese sticks, the half bag of carrots (five servings) and two cucumbers and entire bag of goldfish crackers I ate every day while doing no exercise that made me fat.

I have the weirdest boner right now.
  • Greytfish
    Options

Sugar---- carbs----fat

But if the OP stays under her calorie allowance she is still in a deficit and will still lose weight... SOOOO she can still have some chocolate.

The post you dispute didn't assert otherwise. Caloric deficit will always result in weight loss absent a metabolic or specific health condition interfering. And that may very well be the goal for many overeaters without a history of health and fitness since they have a tendency to focus exclusively on losing weight ratehr than a healthy body composition or remaining injury free.

Caloric deficit will cause weight loss, yes. If you want to lose existing body fat, you have to be conscious of how much of your dietary intake with further or thwart those goals. Your body will burn the sugars, then the carbs before it ever gets to burning more than a small amount of fat, let alone the bodyfat one is already carrying.
  • Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    Options
    Be careful of your fat and sugar intake too! You might be within your calorie target, but if you are significantly over your fat and sugar intake on a regular basis you probably won't see the results.

This is not a factual statement, fat and sugar won't make you gain weight unless there is a surplus.

Rigger

There is a little truth to her statement, but only when you are on the extremely lean side already (sub 10% on men). for the vast majority of people this is not the case.

Rubbish. Eat all the chocolate. Buy the good shizzle.
  • Greytfish
    Options

The best part of that whole list is that it's almost entirely sugars in one form or another.
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options

Sugar---- carbs----fat

But if the OP stays under her calorie allowance she is still in a deficit and will still lose weight... SOOOO she can still have some chocolate.

The post you dispute didn't assert otherwise. Caloric deficit will always result in weight loss absent a metabolic or specific health condition interfering. And that may very well be the goal for many overeaters without a history of health and fitness since they have a tendency to focus exclusively on losing weight ratehr than a healthy body composition or remaining injury free.

Caloric deficit will cause weight loss, yes. If you want to lose existing body fat, you have to be conscious of how much of your dietary intake with further or thwart those goals. Your body will burn the sugars, then the carbs before it ever gets to burning more than a small amount of fat, let alone the bodyfat one is already carrying.

My body burnt plenty of fat over the past 8 months while I ate copious amounts if sugar. I balanced my macros but I do not care about sugar.
  • Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    Options

Sugar---- carbs----fat

In deficit. Doesn't matter. Eat all the chocolate.
  • tegalicious
    Options

Sugar---- carbs----fat

Well then get me to a lab cause with 100+ grams of sugar daily and tons of fat loss I must be a gd miracle of modern science!!!
  • determinedbutlazy
    Options

Sugar---- carbs----fat

Okay, so according to your logic:
    Eat at a calorie deficit (regardless of what you eat) = losing weight
    Eat too much sugar and your body will burn the sugar and then carbs and THEN finally the fat.

So if I constantly ate at a deficit for a year, and consumed say, ONLY twinkies, I would lose weight because I'm in a deficit but it wouldn't be fat?

What would I be losing?
  • tegalicious
    Options

The best part of that whole list is that it's almost entirely sugars in one form or another.

The best part about that list is that wasn't all I used to eat in a day :)
  • tegalicious
    Options
    Well folks I gotta hit the road for my long run but seriously. Op. If you have the calories and you have gotten enough protein for the day, then by all means. EAT THE CHOCOLATE. If you don't have a medical reason to avoid simple sugar then you are fine. Your body will not say oh look! Chocolate! Great! I am gonna just use this for fuel for the entire day and not even look at your bodily fat despite you being in a deficit. Because as long as you are in a calorie deficit for the day, your body will burn fat from itself. It has no choice. Your glucose stores are already depleted if you have been in a calorie deficit for longer then a week so your body has no choice but to burn bodily fat for fuel if you are eating below your maintenance level of calories and are in a calorie deficit.
  • determinedbutlazy
    Options
    @Greytfish - pls respond, I want to know what the hell I have been burning if it isn't fat... IS IT MY SPLEEN? MY PANCREAS? MY UVULA?! (I had a pretty fat uvula... It looks skinnier now).
  • sarafischbach9
    sarafischbach9 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Yes, you can still lose weight eating 250 calories worth of chocolate everyday. Just as long as it is planned in your calorie goals and you are still at a deficit. Chocolate is good!
  • Greytfish
    Options

The best part about that list is that wasn't all I used to eat in a day :)

I don't doubt it any more than I doubt advice given by people with a demonstrated unhealthy relationship with food is well intentioned, if still colored by that relationship.
  • Greytfish
    Options
    @Greytfish - pls respond, I want to know what the hell I have been burning if it isn't fat... IS IT MY SPLEEN? MY PANCREAS? MY UVULA?! (I had a pretty fat uvula... It looks skinnier now).

If you read what I actually posted, you might understand.
  • smanning1982
    smanning1982 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Eat it! As long as your at a deficit and make sure you weigh out everything so as to not overestimate the rest of your calories. Also, Id recommend finding a chocolate bar with less calories if you're eating it every day just so you have more calories leftover for good foods. Maybe you can make a personal goal to go down to eating that chocolate bar every other day instead of everyday? You'll start to feel better about yourself and your weight loss by hitting small goals like that :)
  • JoanneC1216
    Options
    Is it acceptable to eat 250 calories worth of chocolate per day when you are trying to lose weight, as long as you are still in your calorie limit? I have tried to have just one small piece or swap it for dark but it just isnt working and i keep failing! I was reading somewhere that eating chocolate or other junk food is really bad for weight loss as a calorie is not just a calorie, but i always thought it didn't matter in terms of weight loss as long as you are at a calorie deficit. Have any of you had chocolate daily and managed to use a significant amount of weight? I have 100 pounds to lose and chocolate is my nemesis

If you're able to control yourself, then absolutely! Try dark, more antioxidants :-)
  • determinedbutlazy
    Options

I read exactly what you posted.

Calorie deficit = weight loss
    Eating sugar means I won't burn fat
    So if I am eating sugar on a calorie deficit and lose weight, what is it I am losing?

pls respond, I am scared for my organs.
  • Greytfish
    Options

I read exactly what you posted.

Calorie deficit = weight loss
    Eating sugar means I won't burn fat
    So if I am eating sugar on a calorie deficit and lose weight, what is it I am losing?

pls respond, I am scared for my organs.

Well, you read, I'll give you that. You apparently didn't understand the plain meaning.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options

Sugar---- carbs----fat

Ok. The body burn simple carbs. Then complex carbs. Then blah blah blah. And then, being in a 250 calorie deficit, what does it do? And how does the order of the energy that the body uses before it commits to using body fat matter?

Eat a balanced diet. Stay at a reasonable deficit. Get exercise that included resistance training.

If you have 100 pounds to lose, everything else is over complicating the situation.