250 calories per day on chocolate?

Options

Replies

• Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    Eating at a deficit is the key for sure. However I wouldn't recommend intentionally eating that much chocolate every day. I certainly understand having less than ideal self control, but eating at a deficit and maintaining health requires some planning to get nutritious foods.

I eat a Snickers pretty much every day of my life. I've lost weight, gotten healthier, and maintained that loss just fine. If you want something, you work it into your day.
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    It works for me, no way I could stick to this for as long as I have w/o having chocolate. LOL
    If I can fit it into my daily goals, it gets eaten.:bigsmile:
  • cmurra6745
    cmurra6745 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Wrong wrong wrong wrong !!

Yes eat within your calories sure that's fine but all that sugar is going to be burnt before the fat is so the more sugar intake you have the less fat you will burn overall it goes like this

Sugar---- carbs----fat

The less sugar you have the quiker carbs are burnt for energy the wuicker fat is birnt so sure eat tons of sugar but don't exoect a huge fat loss anytime soon
  • David_AUS
    David_AUS Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Yes - the darker the "better" this generally has less sugar, more satiating and there is some I will say anecdotal evidence of health benefits anything up to 1.5 Oz of dark chocolate. So if you enjoy it I would say just written it into your calorie plan for the day and enjoy!
  • SlenderSelah
    Options
    As long as you are under you can eat whatever you like!
  • Greytfish
    Options
    How it will affect your overall body comp has more to do with whether you've hit macros and some important micros before you spend calories on treats.
  • xLittleMissVixenx
    Options
    I have chocolate every single day. I'd be miserable without it and would definitely fail. I don't have a lot to lose but I'm still on average losing around 1lb a week. Today for instance I've already had a piece of dark chocolate and later on I will be having a double chocolate cookie. I plan what I'm going to eat at the beginning of every day and as long as I don't go over 1370 calories I eat whatever I want. As long as it works that's what I'll continue to do!
  • TriciaLB
    Options
    As long as you don't have a medical condition where you need to restrict your sugar or fat intake, a little chocolate every day shouldn't hurt you. In France it's practically considered a dietary staple! Just make sure it's good quality, and remember that not all chocolate is created equal. (For example, dark chocolate has more health benefits than milk chocolate).
  • tegalicious
    Options

Yes eat within your calories sure that's fine but all that sugar is going to be burnt before the fat is so the more sugar intake you have the less fat you will burn overall it goes like this

Sugar---- carbs----fat

The less sugar you have the quiker carbs are burnt for energy the wuicker fat is birnt so sure eat tons of sugar but don't exoect a huge fat loss anytime soon

Um..... Sugar is a carb....
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options

Sugar---- carbs----fat

What? I must be a magical fairy, then. Btw sugar is a carb. Fat is lost when you're in a moderate deficit. Are there conditions that increase the odds of more fat loss than other things, yes. But being in a deficit will result in weight loss. Get your proper macros and enjoy all the chocolate.
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    I'm scared to try a full on chocolate bar and really focusing on protein, so for me this wouldn't work, BUT I have a dark chocolate calcium disc every night. It is delicious and only 30 calories + 500 mg of calcium.

Please don't be scared of chocolate, this makes me really sad.
  • Greytfish
    Options

Sugar---- carbs----fat

Everybody loves the semantics that enable them to feel better about their choices.

Yes, both sugar and carbs are each a sugar and a carb, but that doesn't make him incorrect in his assertion that the body burns "simple" sugars, then carb "sugars," then fat, and later protein.

But, by all means, assert the unimportant minutia. It's always sooo helpful.
  • tegalicious
    Options

Sugar---- carbs----fat

Everybody loves the semantics that enable them to feel better about their choices.

Yes, both sugar and carbs are each a sugar and a carb, but that doesn't make him incorrect in his assertion that the body burns "simple" sugars, then carb "sugars," then fat, and later protein.

Hmmm... Then why did I lose 40 pounds while eating all the sugars?? If his assertation was correct then I wouldn't have lost any weight because my body would simply use my dietary sugar for fuel and not even touch my body fat.... And that didn't happen so.... Maybe it was in fact the calorie deficit I was in that resulted in my weight loss....
  • determinedbutlazy
    Options

Sugar---- carbs----fat

But if the OP stays under her calorie allowance she is still in a deficit and will still lose weight... SOOOO she can still have some chocolate.
  • determinedbutlazy
    Options

Sugar---- carbs----fat

Hmmm... Then why did I lose 40 pounds while eating all the sugars?? If his assertation was correct then I wouldn't have lost any weight because my body would simply use my dietary sugar for fuel and not even touch my body fat.... And that didn't happen so.... Maybe it was in fact the calorie deficit I was in that resulted in my weight loss....

Same here. Dietary sugar isn't listed in food here, just overall carbs/fat/protein so I don't even track sugar. I've lost over 70lbs.
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options

Sugar---- carbs----fat

Same here. Dietary sugar isn't listed in food here, just overall carbs/fat/protein so I don't even track sugar. I've lost over 70lbs.

Add my 51 lbs to this. :drinker: medical marvels, I guess!
  • determinedbutlazy
    Options

Sugar---- carbs----fat

I'm a bit bored of sugar being demonised and blamed for weight gain.
    CHOCOLATE didn't make you fat.
    Eating too much goddamn food and not moving enough made you fat.
    Eat a little bit less of everything, move a little bit more than you did before.
    Sugar is not going to come into your bedroom at night and fart on your pillow.
  • tegalicious
    Options

Sugar---- carbs----fat

We should offer ourselves to science! Maybe we could become famous and make all the moneys for our magical ability to lose weight while in a calorie deficit while still enjoying real food. And chocolate!
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    What are the 'macros' everyone is talking about?

There are 4 macronutrients. A high level explanation of each of their functions is:

Protein, which is required for muscle retention/growth
    Fat, which is required for healthy body functions
    Carbs, which provide energy
    Alcohol, which provides for embarrassing photos

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/819055-setting-your-calorie-and-macro-targets