90 days of Inspiration

Options
I'm new to MFP and I've been finding it difficult to establish the habit of logging on daily. If I fail to log on, I'm not accountable for food or exercise, which I know will stifle my progress if I allow it to continue. I sigh with deep admiration when I see my news feed full of "---- has logged in for 780 days in a row" ; "--- has logged in for 50 days in a row" or "--- has logged in for 20 days in a row". I'd like to just make it to 5 days in a row for starters... I haven't even been able to achieve that once yet.

My goal with this forum topic is to motivate me to log on DAILY for the next 90 days. Please feel free to post words of encouragement, motivational quotes or sayings, or other forms of inspiration here. I would love to add friends here as well.

I will commit to post something inspirational here every evening after completing my food and exercise log for the next 90 (consecutive) days. I can't wait for my profile to announce success in this area; thanks in advance for your support along the way :happy:

Replies

• KrissyRawrz
    KrissyRawrz Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Okay..um..log on or I shall spank you! Lol :)
  • ThatSoundsHard
    ThatSoundsHard Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I'm terrible at logging in on the weekends! Feel free to add me if you like.
  • Sunbrooke
    Sunbrooke Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Mine is on my phone, or is probably be overwhelmed with trying to log all at once.
  • AlMonkey
    AlMonkey Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I used to feel the same thing! i have friends who are at 6** days of logging. or who just celebrated 365 days. Once I put MFP on the first page of the apps on my phone, right next to my text messages it became second nature. my streak right now is 59 days! i had a previous streak of ALMOST 30, and it broke my heart to lose it.
    21 days to make (or break) a habit.
    now when MFP posts ** days logged on my profile, I have to forcibly stop from liking it myself
  • jsalzat
    jsalzat Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the support!

So here's tonight's inspiration (day 2 of 90):

If at first you don't succeed, make a pot of coffee :bigsmile:

(Unless you are already a superstar caffeine-abstaining health guru... then a steaming cup of earthy herbal tea should suffice :wink:)
  • melissamarah
    melissamarah Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Keep it up! One trick I use is I weigh myself every morning and record it. Yeah, it sounds obsessive, and if weighing in gets you depressed, it might not be for you. But once I'm on and plugged in my weight, I tend to stay on and log everything.

Oh, and feel free to add me as a friend. I'm always looking to up my friend list. It helps me stay accountable.
  • jsalzat
    Options
    All right Day 3 of 90 (this might be a record for me):

The four R's

REMEMBER the past for experience gained
    REFLECT on decisions that may have caused pain
    REJECT old thoughts that halt progress today
    RENEW your confidence as you go on your way
  • jsalzat
    Options
    Day 4 of 90:

To be on the right page may come easier after first learning how to read. :huh:

(First things first-- I guess that includes Mondays)
  • RachNRoll
    RachNRoll Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I used to log during the day according to what I would have been eating but I always found myself eating more...

So I changed the tactics and started to make meal plans and log first thing in the morning everything I was going to eat that day, or 2 or 3 days. Then it became like a game: save calories here, to add here so I could have a fulfilling day of good food.
    It worked for me :)

P.S. I've been out of MFP for a year and I came back today. I love this site, and I've only gained 3Kg since last year being off the wagon. I hope I loose the extra 5Kg until May or June :)
  • WallyH4EverVersion
    WallyH4EverVersion Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Discipline is remembering what you want.:smile:
  • becajb
    becajb Posts: 50
    Options
    So I changed the tactics and started to make meal plans and log first thing in the morning everything I was going to eat that day, or 2 or 3 days. Then it became like a game: save calories here, to add here so I could have a fulfilling day of good food.
    It worked for me :)
    I log all my food at the beginning of the day too, to keep me on track.

I must say that I purposely do not logon over the weekend as I try and abstain from technology and most importantly computers as I have a desk job.:)

Get a balance that works for you
  • Tigredia
    Tigredia Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I need inspiration. Really like the thread. Will check in daily. I post my food and exercise every night before bed.
  • MagicalLeopleurodon
    Options
    Wisdom from my papaw:
    "Purple hull peas have saved my life so many times, when a big storm would blow in, id run to the pea patch!"
    "The best fertilizer in the world is footprints between your rows."
    "You want to catch a squirrel? Put salt on his tail. If you can do that, you can catch him."

So theres your backcountry wisdom for the day ;)
  • DavyGaga
    Options
    IDK if your Job has strict rules about internet use but I like to do my logging at work. It keeps me busy when I have nothing to do, and gives me chance to do it everyday. I often forgot to do my logging on the weekends (Or I'm too ashamed to look at the amount of food I ate) but I just try my best to remember on Mondays to put everything in. Plus I get so frustrated when I use my app. Before the IOS7 update the App (And my phone in general) was Fast and friendly. Now everything is just slow and frustrating so I often just don't want to deal with the hassle of a possible crashing.
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    ****Ain't nobody got time for Fat! ****** :tongue:
  • bethannhayes13
    Options
    nice!
  • angdpowers
    angdpowers Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    You CAN do this!!

Pretty soon, before you know it, you'll feel lost if you DON'T log in!!! Keep going you strong woman you!

Oh, and I like the "R's" inspiration you posted ... all very true!
  • frankieags
    frankieags Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I guess we're all on similar workout routines / diet with an ultimate goal :) ... I'm on a 90 day workout regime as well (currently at day 16). I find MFP an exciting and fabulous tool which I use both on my laptop and smartphone (has a ton of food entries in the database!). I find the mobile app EXTREMELY handy! I'm on the go a lot and I find that the mobile app keeps me up to date and has plenty of tools as well. It's great to log on and track your progress and view the detailed reports as well. It keeps me motivated! :laugh:
  • jsalzat
    Options
    Well, I finally made it to day 5 (of 90)! Thanks so much for all your encouragement and inspiring words. I'm beginning to feel more a part of "Team MFP" instead of an outsider. :smile:

Change through Liberation; Liberation through Change

Realizing what I think is wrong
    may not be what's really wrong

Realizing what I think is important
    may not be what's really important

Realizing what I think I want
    May not be what I really want

Rising above circumstances
    By accepting their reality

And today I am free
    Free to change
    Free to be
  • jsalzat
    Options
    Day 6 of 90:

It's neat when you know that you really do know what you've always known but didn't know you knew, and that you don't know what you thought you knew :wink: