90 days of Inspiration

Options

Replies

• jsalzat
    jsalzat Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Yay thanks for all the awesome support!!!! :flowerforyou:

Wrapping up the weekend... I hope everyone had an enjoyable one! Getting ready for a new week on this journey of fitness--
    Day 31 of 90:

"Knowing is not enough;
    We must APPLY.
    Willing is not enough;
    We must DO."

-- Bruce Lee
  • jsalzat
    Options
    Day 32 of 90:

Never discourage anyone (including yourself) who makes continual progress, no matter how slow.
  • jsalzat
    Options
    So here's to Tuesday-- I wish all of you success today in progressing towards your fitness goals :wink:

Day 33 of 90:

“Remember when life’s path is steep to keep your mind even.” --Horace
  • Kyog
    Kyog Posts: 32
    Options
    Just seen this thread - keep up the good work! very impressive!

I'm aiming for 22 days (going to Berlin after that)...let's do it!
  • kinmoratree
    kinmoratree Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    You're doing awesome.

I think we forget a lot that even slow progress is progress. Sometimes progress is just going to bed and vowing to do it again tomorrow instead of throwing in the towel.
  • jbella99
    jbella99 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    As I learned not too long ago. You have to want it. Not just the weight loss but the healthy body. You have to really want to change. It's a lifestyle and I am fully commited yes I have bad choice days but I get right back at and log good or bad. that's the only way you will ever stick to it.
  • jsalzat
    Options
    Great stuff guys!!! Thanks :happy:

So we made it over the "hump" this week....

Day 34 of 90:

"You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream" --C.S. Lewis
  • jsalzat
    Options
    Happy Friday Eve :wink:

Day 35 of 90:

"To embark on the journey towards your goals and dreams requires bravery,
    To remain on that path requires courage.
    The bridge that merges the two is commitment."

-Dr. Steve Maraboli
  • jsalzat
    Options
    Day 36 of 90:

"What is necessary to change a person is to change his awareness of himself."

Abraham Maslow
  • jsalzat
    Options
    Day 37 of 90:

Once I met a man who told me
    no one has the right to hold me
    in a prison of their creation
    I didn’t grasp the words he said
    So I followed him around instead
    Much to my frustration
    After time had passed in years
    And I’d cried away all my tears
    In a prison of my creation
    My fears had turned into layers
    That numbed my body of its cares
    A fat, lonely situation
    Until a thought occurred to me
    To try the world of MFP
    now I’m moving in jubilation

haha:smile:
  • Sunbrooke
    Sunbrooke Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    :smile:
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    Discipline is remembering what you want.:smile:

This is what gets me through the tough days ;) Good for you for sticking to your commitment.
  • jsalzat
    Options
    Thanks!!! Yeah that David Campbell quote really is a great and simple reminder to persevere. I would like it to just pop up in neon lights every time I think I want another brownie or think I want to spend the whole day just lazing around. I guess that's when I can feel good about establishing some of these good habits that are keeping me on track even when I'm off track :tongue:

So here's day 38 of 90:

"Perseverance is failing 19 times and succeeding the 20th." -Julie Andrews
  • jsalzat
    Options
    Happy Monday!!!!! Let's do this again :yawn:

Day 39 of 90:

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" -J.R.R. Tolkien
  • Kyog
    Kyog Posts: 32
    Options
    Day 40! keep going! :) 5 days to the halfway point!
  • jsalzat
    Options
    Thanks!!!! Happy April Fool's Day!! Hope everyone gets to pause for a good laugh at some point during the daily grind :laugh:

So here's todays quote for day 40 (yay!) of 90:

"You grow up the day you get your first real laugh--- at yourself." -Ethel Barrymore

:laugh: Happy logging :happy: Enjoy your afternoon :tongue:
  • Eric_DeCastro
    Eric_DeCastro Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I find it is very difficult to lose weight unless you keep good records of calories in and calories out. good luck. you are almost halfway there.
  • jsalzat
    Options
    Thank you :smile:

Day 41 of 90:

What is a Workout?

A workout is 25 percent perspiration and 75 percent determination. Stated another way, it is one part physical exertion and three parts self-discipline. Doing it is easy once you get started.
    A workout makes you better today than you were yesterday. It strengthens the body, relaxes the mind, and toughens the spirit. When you work out regularly, your problems diminish and your confidence grows.
    A workout is a personal triumph over laziness and procrastination. It is the badge of a winner - the mark of an organized, goal-oriented person who has taken charge of his, or her, destiny.
    A workout is a wise use of time and an investment in excellence. It is a way of preparing for life's challenges and proving to yourself that you have what it takes to do what is necessary.
    A workout is a key that helps unlock the door to opportunity and success. Hidden within each of us is an extraordinary force. Physical and mental fitness are the triggers that can release it.
    A workout is a form of rebirth. When you finish a good workout, you don't simply feel better, YOU FEEL BETTER ABOUT YOURSELF.

-By George Allen (former Washington Redskins Coach)
  • jsalzat
    Options
    Day 42 of 90:

"Be strong, because things will get better. It may be stormy now, but it never rains forever." -unknown
  • jsalzat
    Options
    Day 43 of 90:

"If you always put a limit on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them." - Bruce Lee