Looking for friends WHO EAT

Options

Replies

• blanphere
    blanphere Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I started following this topic to find some friends who have healthy, balanced diets, that contain actual food. Here is my gripe / vent...

I'm having a difficult time connecting with MFP friends that actually make an effort to eat, and eat healthy throughout the day. I have noticed a trend in people congratulating others for finishing their diary for the day, under their goal, but when you look at what they ate, it was like an oatmeal packet for breakfast, no snacks, no lunch, zero vegetables and fruits, and then a bucket of chicken for dinner. Ya, they were under their goal, had a deficit, and are probably going to lose something, but that's not eating! I am in no position to judge, and don't want to, but I can't be excited for someone and encourage them to keep doing what they are doing just because they are eating at a deficit and losing.

I seriously need someone to commiserate with. I'm trying really hard to eat right all day...and not cram all my calories into one meal. Maybe I'M doing it wrong! My diary is open. Someone please correct me if I am doing something wrong, or missing the point. I know the arguments about a calorie is a calorie, IIFYM, etc.

Thoughts??
  • JeffBrown3
    JeffBrown3 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I love eating or I wouldnt be on this site LOL... Seriously though, I have more fun creating my favorite meals and making them meet my daily calorie goals. To me that's the fun part of it... If you need another friend please add me. I need active friends, the ones I have are not updating and haven't logged in. Time to clean out my list ;)
  • FreshKrisKreash
    FreshKrisKreash Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I eat anywhere from 1200 - 2200 calories per day depending on my mood, hunger and activity for the day. (:
  • MissLCWolff
    MissLCWolff Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I eat about 1200-1300 NET calories a day (I usually eat back a portion of my exercise calories), but I really do feel satisfied eating that amount because it's mostly made up of veggies, fruit, lean meat, and grains, which keep me full for hours--I NEVER starve myself and I have a healthy emotional relationship with my food consumption (no emotional eating, but no guilt about the occasional slice of pizza either). And I get takeout or a restaurant meal about once a week.
  • lemon629
    lemon629 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I have my goal set at 1425 and generally eat that amount or a little more. I eat when I am hungry and do not try to starve myself. And I do let myself have treats once in a while and am not afraid of eating at restaurants.

I also try to eat healthy with minimal packaged foods and only rarely have snacks and cakes/cookies/etc. No fast food except for the occasional Chick-Fil-A breakfast. (Last time for that was probably in December.)

I love seeing the diaries of like minded friends who eat healthy food. Feel free to add me if you'd like.
  • laurie04427
    laurie04427 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I eat, and most of the time relatively healthy although I'm suspecting I have to recalculate my calorie quota to make sure it's correct.
  • amydemone
    Options
    I eat a lot. I have a 2000 calorie intake limit, and I usually go over. So I eat, a lot.
  • amydemone
    Options
    Best part of being vegan and gluten free. We get to eat A LOT.
  • erind2017
    erind2017 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I eat! :) feel free to add me anyone!
  • blanphere
    blanphere Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    YAY For GF! I made the huge mistake of replacing all my avoid foods with gluten free alternatives and it bit me in the *kitten* after my first year of avoid / weight loss. Back now to try and find the right balance. Not vegan...but mostly dairy / egg free.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    I started following this topic to find some friends who have healthy, balanced diets, that contain actual food. Here is my gripe / vent...

I'm having a difficult time connecting with MFP friends that actually make an effort to eat, and eat healthy throughout the day. I have noticed a trend in people congratulating others for finishing their diary for the day, under their goal, but when you look at what they ate, it was like an oatmeal packet for breakfast, no snacks, no lunch, zero vegetables and fruits, and then a bucket of chicken for dinner. Ya, they were under their goal, had a deficit, and are probably going to lose something, but that's not eating! I am in no position to judge, and don't want to, but I can't be excited for someone and encourage them to keep doing what they are doing just because they are eating at a deficit and losing.

I seriously need someone to commiserate with. I'm trying really hard to eat right all day...and not cram all my calories into one meal. Maybe I'M doing it wrong! My diary is open. Someone please correct me if I am doing something wrong, or missing the point. I know the arguments about a calorie is a calorie, IIFYM, etc.

Thoughts??

I think I have a pretty good balance in my diet. I strive to eat 2000 calories a day, with 3 meals and several small snacks (I exercise 6 days/ week and do not track calorie burn from exercise). Mostly I eat home prepared meals with lots of fruits and vegetables, and at least 100 g of protein/day. I also usually have at least one treat of chocolate or a cookie or something every day. Lately I have been a little short of my calorie goal because I have been having some stomach problems, but usually I am within 10% of my goal. As with most people, weekdays are better than weekends for me. Feel free to add me if you would like.
  • carissa321
    Options
    I eat :-) I refuse to give up eating to lose weight. I'm looking at eating healthy and being strong and being happy with my body! not a number on the scale. Besides, if I cut my calories too low ... I am SOOOOOO cranky! everyone suffers *lol*
  • ATGsquats
    ATGsquats Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I actually don't eat. I've been fasting for 30 years.
  • steffy2106
    steffy2106 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I love to eat i am half french half Italian. Good food is in my genes :)
  • cariorliz
    cariorliz Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    yes...eating is a daily thing...and I'm an eater of real food...NOT packaged food (IMHO)... Add me!!

PS...clean eat most of the week...YUM.

and I include my daily wine intake too!!! :)
  • RinnyLush
    RinnyLush Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I eat - lots! And I exercise! And I log everyday! And I lose weight! It's awesome! Exclamation point! :smile:

Seriously though, my day usually revolves around food. I love it. :blushing:
  • kshadows
    kshadows Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    I'm a big eater :)
  • justmytype
    justmytype Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    (Stands up): Hello, I'm 50 years old and, yes, I eat AND drink!!! I try to make sure it fits within my cals for the day, but sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesn't! I'll even "save" up calories for the weekend when I know I have a party or something that will probably put me over. I feel as long as I'm averaging a decent deficit for the week it's okay. Although I've tried to start eating a little more healthy, I'm of the opinion that there are no off-limit foods. I'm not going to say, "I'm never eating another Big Mac again." Just won't work for me. I can't live on broccoli, rice and chicken breasts for the rest of my life.

Oh, and is it bad that I work out so I can eat more??? Oops.

Feel free to add me as well.
  • NaturallyandProperly
    NaturallyandProperly Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Anyone can add me! I recently up-ed my calories according to -20% on the TDEE. I'm just trying to figure out which one is most accurate. I hate that people, especially young girls feel they need to starve themselves and it makes me angry! I used to do that all of the time and now I'm paying the price.. Looking for motivation and guidance! I'm eating between 1800-2100 calories a day. :drinker:
  • ingumidoll
    ingumidoll Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    hi, i just joined today and am also a bit shocked at how little some people are eating! 1200-1600kcals is a snack to me, but that's probably why i need to lose 20lbs haha. I would be very grumpy indeed if i ate this little :-)