Beyond Unsupportive: Wednesday Morning Rant

Options

Replies

• amcsouth
    amcsouth Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Just wow. Congrats on getting rid of him cause you deserve so much better! Best of luck :flowerforyou: xx
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    while i am a little surprised he made it past his first comment, i can't think of anything healthier at the moment than dropping this dead weight from your life

^^^^
  • oneloopygirl
    oneloopygirl Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Good for you for sticking with it despite his unsupportive ways in the start. Good for you for realizing that you don't need his hateful ways. And kudos to you for not letting him destroy your self-esteem with such a hateful comment. He clearly has issues that go beyond anything anyone can do for him. Getting rid of him will be a huge weight off of you and will probably help you on this journey quite a bit. What a jerk. I think we're all gonna cheer you on today. :)
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    "I'm tired of banging a fatass. I want a hot blonde."

My ex did something similar. He got the blonde. And I got hot. And a few shades darker with my hair. I win.
  • mamma_nee
    mamma_nee Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Bye, Bye !! Who needs him ?? Let the door slam his hinny on the way out!
  • DuckDynastyMakesMeLaugh
    Options
    while i am a little surprised he made it past his first comment, i can't think of anything healthier at the moment than dropping this dead weight from your life

^This!

In addition, using the word "bang" to describe making love sends up a bajillion red flags! How utterly reckless, unkind and selfish!
  • crazyauntcheryl
    crazyauntcheryl Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Obviously your significant other does not want to relate to a person but rather a body(preferably a hot blonde). That's why we women tend to define ourselves by what we look like because that's how some members of society see us, rather like decorative statues rather than people with thoughts and feeling that have relevance. I think you are better off without him. Rant on! You have every right to. :explode:
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Good for you for realizing he's a jerk and tossing him out.

but why wait til Saturday?
    Kick him out now! lol
  • shutyourpieholeandsquat
    Options

"I'm tired of banging a fatass. I want a hot blonde."

Girl, you're a better person that I.....

I would have straight up kicked him in the balls. :drinker:
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Celebrate the loss of all that dead weight!
  • craftywitch_63
    craftywitch_63 Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    I was married to something very similar for almost 20 years. I' m so glad you got out before any permanent damage was done. When my ex-husband was angry, we all walked around him on tiptoe. He would say things specifically designed to p*** me off. When I got mad, he decided when it was time to forgive me (yes, HE decided when to forgive ME when he began a fight!) and then it was all supposed to be over because he said so. He would play hurt and confused when I was still mad. He'd tell me I was fat (to be fair, I was 5'5" and almost 200 lbs; I looked like a beach ball balanced on drinking straws) so I would begin a diet/exercise program and he would bring home gallons of my favorite ice cream and eat it in front of me. He hated to hear about my workouts, too.

I tell people I lost 220 pounds of unsightly weight on September 16, 2002. When they ask how, I tell them, "he went home to his mother." :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Sounds like you dodged a bullet, girl! You deserve better. :flowerforyou:
  • angdpowers
    angdpowers Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    oh honey, thank goodness you finally realize you love yourself more than to put up with this bullsh*t because seriously, that is ridiculous! Trust me when I say that the words that came out of his mouth? Those were just the tip of the iceberg of what he's REALLY feeling.

There is no "fixing" anyone and he doesn't need to be in a relationship and sure the hell not with you. I'm shocked you're being so kind to let him stay until Saturday. I mean really!

Please do not falter. You know what you have to do. You deserve to have a different life. Sometimes in the beginning "a different life" is hard but each day gets easier. Its just like with eating right and exercising, it gets easier.

Much love to you sister!
    You will see how good life can be once he's gone!!!
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    buhbye.jpg
  • arwacky
    arwacky Posts: 1,653
    Options
    Yay OP!!! :drinker:

Good for you! MFP will gladly support you through your journey. :flowerforyou:
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    Obviously there are underlying issues here. Sounds like it's the best thing for both of you.

this.

plus "WOW"
  • TriShamelessly
    TriShamelessly Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    The only question - is why are you still in this relationship?
  • Davina_JH
    Davina_JH Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Sounds emotionally abusive. What a d**k!!

Move on, happily, now! You deserve way better.

He is not a real man.
  • jeffininer
    jeffininer Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Sounds to me like the decision should have been made after the first comment! Holy heck I would have lost it...

No choice in the matter, drop him and leave him at the curb. There is no doubt you deserve better!!
  • cfl68
    cfl68 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Good for you. Only need those around us that will support and bring positives to our lives. Anyone is doesn't fit that, SEE YA!!!!!! Keep up the good work and stay proud of your accomplishments.
  • x7xemilyx7x
    x7xemilyx7x Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Well this guy isn't worth it - you don't need someone so unsupportive in your life - our OH's are supposed to encourage us!

Congratulations on the weight loss too :)