Replies

• Kitship
    Kitship Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Apricot Chicken!

6 frozen chicken breasts
    1 packet french onion soup mix
    1 jar of apricot preserves
    *optional: half a bottle of french dressing (I do not include this)

throw it all in the crockpot on low for about 8 hours. so fabulous! also delicious served over rice.
  • imcam1
    imcam1 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    bump
  • 55Megamus
    55Megamus Posts: 40
    Options
    oh im so getting in on this
  • caramm1
    caramm1 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    OMG So hungry now!!!!:laugh:

Help needed I've seen all your bumps!!!! and just realised what they were ha ha!! How do I get access to this thread once its gone from the main menu?
  • tazma3
    tazma3 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Also "bumping" for later
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    I'm going shopping for spices so I can try some of these!

Caramm1, under Community just click on the My Topics tab and any threads you have posted to will be there.
  • tazma3
    tazma3 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Love these recipes! :love:
  • dianer75935
    dianer75935 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    bump
  • paniolo5
    paniolo5 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    bump
  • fitandfortyish
    fitandfortyish Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    yep....bump
  • caramm1
    caramm1 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm going shopping for spices so I can try some of these!

Caramm1, under Community just click on the My Topics tab and any threads you have posted to will be there.

Thank you so much!!!!!! Really appreciated!
  • laydeneko
    laydeneko Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • magmama23
    magmama23 Posts: 21
    Options
    bump for later
  • bymyslf892
    bymyslf892 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Mamafunky, would this work ok with frozen chicken? I can never seem to remember to take out and thaw, looking for the super easy and with frozen recipes.

Most recipes can be done with frozen or refrigerated chicken. Frozen is 6-7 hours in the crockpot and refrigerated is a little less like5-6. Hope that helps!!
  • seedndground
    seedndground Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    This one is so easy and so simple. I love it to make tacos...or you could put it over some brown rice for a salad bowl.

Just take how ever many chicken breast you have and put them in the crockpot. Layer some sliced onions on the chicken. Pour a can of low sodium petite diced tomatoes over the top. Then pour enough chicken broth in to cover the breasts. Sprinkle with cumin, garlic powder and crushed red pepper. Cook on low for 6 - 8 hours.

When you get home shred the chicken with a fork and let it sit in the juices for another 20-30 minutes. Use toppings like lettuce, cheese, avocado, sour cream etc. yummy!!

You can also do the same recipe with a lean cut of beef. Instead of chicken broth, use beef broth. It is SO good!

I also always use low sodium broths to help reduce the sodium. HTH!! :drinker:
  • Ideabaker
    Ideabaker Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Bumpity Bump--Oooh, great recipes! Keep them coming! Think I'll try out the chicken tortilla soup first! No, wait, the Morrocan lamb stew...no wait, the pulled pork, lol! Everything sounds delightful; thank you everyone!
  • crystal075
    crystal075 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Thanks for these amazing recipes!
  • cossmoss15
    cossmoss15 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Thank you. This will help to speed up the time spent cooking - more time to excercise!
  • Butterflykisses123
    Butterflykisses123 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    In for the awesome recipes!
  • Praying_Mantis
    Praying_Mantis Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    bump