On weight loss journey , best thing learned-1 sentence!

Options

Replies

• cliffshaw
    cliffshaw Posts: 14
    Options
    Eat real food.
  • greeneyes972
    Options
    Never give up. /endcliche

Lol love the slash :) Made me giggle!
  • ChristyB1117
    ChristyB1117 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    The one I am trying very hard to learn right now (which has already been mentioned)

Don't compare your progress to anyone else.
  • Hawkrcr285
    Hawkrcr285 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I see a young many with a severe physical disability finish a marathon, i see a nephew lose the ability to walk in an accident and manage to win comeback athlete of the year and train for the para Olympics in 2016, I see all of the great success stories on this site and I can only say

"all of my excuses are invalid"
  • bkw99508
    bkw99508 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I don't need one sentence. I can sum it up in one word.

MODERATION

Took a long time to come to that one simple conclucsion.
  • flabbybunker
    flabbybunker Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Fruits and veggies kill hunger cravings .
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    YES I CAN!

Nothing can stop me, unless I let it.
  • hellsbells3272
    hellsbells3272 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I CAN make time to cook and prepare healthy food and it is NOT more expensive, just a bit more planning.
  • klkateri
    klkateri Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Failure are just potholes on the road to success; sometime you can't avoid them but you just gotta keep going.
  • greentart
    greentart Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Don't give up what you want most, for what you want now.
  • sjokkebollefeita
    sjokkebollefeita Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    a moment on your lips, forever on your hips!
  • gbutterfly
    gbutterfly Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    so true - and so hard. this has been a challenge all my life where my size/ weight comes in to play. I've always had a large frame - so even when I was thin for me I could get down on myself by comparing to people who were more naturally petite with smaller frames. the same goes for weight loss progress. we are all on our own individual journeys even though we are here to support each other and even be inspired by one another.

I find a little competitiveness is motivating but if I get carried away with it and I fall behind the other person - I can get discouraged - and really the ultimate goal for each of us should be to be healthy and be our own personal best given our individual strengths and limitations.
  • cardsfanlv
    cardsfanlv Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Make healthier choices into a manageable lifestyle change, not a temporary diet.
  • GarryA1987
    GarryA1987 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    To achieve something you’ve never had before, you must do something you’ve never done before.
  • aditya2491
    aditya2491 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    It is better to waste, rather than to put it on your waist...
  • mgracev4
    mgracev4 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Slow progress

is still

PROGRESS.
  • jos3php
    jos3php Posts: 38
    Options
    Losing weight will not change who you are or how you feel about yourself, sticking to your goals will.
  • Quasita
    Quasita Posts: 1,530 Member
    Options
    Even if it's calories in vs. calories out, you have to figure out what YOUR calories out really is; it's worth the investment to get an accurate number rather than relying on calculators working with averages.
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    <<Not sure I could add to what has already been said. Excellent choices all>>

One never truly fails until he quits.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Whatever you do to lose the weight needs to be something you're willing to do for the rest of your life!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!