On weight loss journey , best thing learned-1 sentence!

Options

Replies

• AnaMarian
    AnaMarian Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    If you slip up, just get right back on track and keep sticking with it.

THIS
  • raven_ous
    raven_ous Posts: 223
    Options
    Science is organized knowledge, wisdom is organized life.
  • jjkarnitz
    jjkarnitz Posts: 55
    Options
    Even if you don't feel like counting calories, they still count.
  • treycee883
    treycee883 Posts: 32 Member
    Options

I

Do not compare my progress to others.
    I think im learning this too!
  • suzyque32
    suzyque32 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I was going to use "revenge is a dish best served cold" for those who may not have found me physically attractive in the past, but dang I can't find the calorie count for revenge in the MFP food database! LOL (totally kidding)

So instead : I look forward every day to "in 5 weeks you'll weigh" which keeps me motivated.
  • ontherunat41
    ontherunat41 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    You can't out-exercise a bad diet.
  • aprilflower18232
    aprilflower18232 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Don't underestimate yourself
  • cherys
    cherys Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    A low carb diet kills cravings! (wish I'd listened to the low carbers years ago.)
  • kristilynnhales
    kristilynnhales Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Don't let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something stand in the way of your doing it. The time will pass anyway; we might just as well put that passing time to the best possible use.

Earl Nightingale
  • Muirhead67
    Muirhead67 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Just keep swimming. :wink:
  • Muirhead67
    Options
    Love your quote.
  • Muirhead67
    Options
    I love the "in 5 weeks" feature, too!
  • jodsap
    jodsap Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    "A year from now you will wish you had started today."
  • momof2boys2014
    momof2boys2014 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I love this because it effects me too and I'm not sure why, maybe because my mop I'm used to say it to me all of the time as a teen, although she was overweight as well... I like yours much better :)
  • JG762
    JG762 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    KMF
    Keep Moving Forward!
  • jayb0ne
    jayb0ne Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    It's just physiology.
  • lunaphiliae
    lunaphiliae Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Lots of discipline
  • gbutterfly
    gbutterfly Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    That "eat to live, not live to eat" one gets under my skin for some reason, and not in the good way.

Mine is: Do what works for you, not what everyone else thinks should work for you.

I agree - my husband and I are foodies - we enjoy good food - I just think it's important if you are going to "live to eat" sometimes that the focus be on quality not quantity.

also - to be perfectly honest - I spend a lot more time focusing on what I can and will eat when I'm trying to loose weight than when i'm not worried about it because 1200 calories a day is just not filing to me. that said - I get the point - but I sometimes think "eat to live" is a value judgement made by people that don't enjoy food and the companionship/ fellowship that is so often connected to production, preparation and consumption of food in our society. The truth of the matter there are many days of my week when all I do is work, work out, and eat.
  • harribeau2012
    harribeau2012 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    feeding yourself / denying yourself your every desire is NOT loving yourself...taking excellent care of yourself, THAT is loving yourself...and as the adverts say....YOU ARE WORTH IT...whatever stage you are at NOW. :flowerforyou:
  • perfectlytrained
    perfectlytrained Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    ... and above all: be patient ....
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!