Calories in a Strawberry

Options

Replies

• girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    It just be about 100kcal, but in this case the margin of error is over 600%. That's huge! And if you want to ask people for their advice, acting all 'I know best' when they provide it is pretty poor form in my opinion.
  • joehempel
    joehempel Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    somebody didn't actually read the thread and is jumping to conclusions. I asked about the calories in one strawberry not to use or the need or want of a food scale. it's amazing how you just pick and choose what you want to read and then based your assumptions of of that to me that's a pretty poor taste. how about reading first
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    somebody didn't actually read the thread and is jumping to conclusions. I asked about the calories in one strawberry not to use or the need or want of a food scale. it's amazing how you just pick and choose what you want to read and then based your assumptions of of that to me that's a pretty poor taste. how about reading first
    pst.

you cannot tell how many calories are in a strawberry unless you weigh it.

:flowerforyou:
  • Rosannajo88
    Rosannajo88 Posts: 212 Member
    Options

I'm just wondering about the calories, I'm seeing anywhere between like 60 and 150.

They seem to be just regular size strawberries.

I don't know weights LOL, I just figured 1 large strawberry was 100g LOL

Yeah... this all looks like "I need a scale so I dont over/underestimate the calories in a food".
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

Ironic post is ironic.
  • girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Actually, I did read it. But you still asked for advice in some form. Even if that was just the calories in a strawberry. People have provided that, and based on how far off you were made further suggestions, entirely sensible ones at that, and you've just come back and told them that you know better than them.
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    pst.

exactly.gif
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    Man, people are so rude for giving advice when it is asked. Sheesh.
  • joehempel
    Options
    pst.

calorie information on most things is largely incorrect. but I knew one strawberry wasn't exactly going to be 50 calories so I thought I'd ask.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,051 Member
    Options
    pst.

Meh - strawberries don't have that many calories ( 6 per large strawberry according to data base) and they don't vary that much in size, anyone who eats strawberries regularly can say whether said strawberry is large or medium and calorie difference between different sized strawberries is only going to be a couple of calories anyway and OP was only talking about 4 of them - I think one can safely say an estimate in size would not be a big deal here.
  • Cranquistador
    Options
    pst.

calorie information on most things is largely incorrect. but I knew one strawberry wasn't exactly going to be 50 calories so I thought I'd ask.
    you can ask...but the best answer is weigh it which people here are going to say if you ask for advice.

you don't have to obviously...and you seem to not need to, which is great.

good luck on your journey:smile:
  • Cranquistador
    Options
    pst.

Meh - strawberries don't have that many calories ( 6 per large strawberry according to data base) and they don't vary that much in size, anyone who eats strawberries regularly can say whether said strawberry is large or medium and calorie difference between different sized strawberries is only going to be a couple of calories anyway and OP was only talking about 4 of them - I think one can safely say an estimate in size would not be a big deal here.
    ah but you are assuming everyone has common sense.
  • joehempel
    Options
    Actually, I did read it. But you still asked for advice in some form. Even if that was just the calories in a strawberry. People have provided that, and based on how far off you were made further suggestions, entirely sensible ones at that, and you've just come back and told them that you know better than them.

and again I had already said no to the food scale yet people still insist. do I know better than them what works for me of course I do I have had success with what works for me I was looking for general information on approximations for one strawberry. next thing you know I'm getting relationship advice in this thread
  • serindipte
    serindipte Posts: 1,557 Member
    Options
    Here, this will prevent you from having to deal with unsolicited advice when all you wanted was the calories in a strawberry:

http://ndb.nal.usda.gov/ndb/search/list
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    next thing you know I'm getting relationship advice in this thread

No glove, no love. You're welcome.
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    Just break up.
  • SephiraRose
    SephiraRose Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Strawberry banana smoothies are delicious. Definitely get a digital food scale. One cup (152g) serving of strawberries - 49 calories, 12g carbs, 3g fiber, 1g protein.
  • Cranquistador
    Options

and again I had already said no to the food scale yet people still insist. do I know better than them what works for me of course I do I have had success with what works for me I was looking for general information on approximations for one f****** strawberry. next thing you know I'm getting relationship advice in this thread
    you sound mad.

did you eat breakfast?

I have coffee if you want some.:drinker:
  • joehempel
    Options
    Just break up.

that's what I thought that really is the best option isnt it.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    my 105 grams of strawberries last night was 32 calories. Not sure if that helps you or not.