Calories in a Strawberry

Options

Replies

• JNettie73
    JNettie73 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Strawberry banana smoothies are delicious. Definitely get a digital food scale. One cup (152g) serving of strawberries - 49 calories, 12g carbs, 3g fiber, 1g protein.

pssst...ixnay on the igitalday oodfay calesay.

What you talkin bout Willis
    what-you-talkin-bout-willis-o.gif

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    Thanks for the good laugh this morning everyone. This thread has been very entertaining.
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    Strawberry banana smoothies are delicious. Definitely get a digital food scale. One cup (152g) serving of strawberries - 49 calories, 12g carbs, 3g fiber, 1g protein.

I'm pretty sure it's elscay. :drinker:

LOL

First thing I thought when I read that post was, "no, it's alescay".

ooops, I am rusty on my igpay atinlay. Thanks for the correction.

I MEAN....No, that is wrong!! It has always worked for me just fine to speak igpay atinlay in that way. I will not stand for this injustice and infringement upon my moral character!!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

LOL

I MEAN....No, that is wrong!! It has always worked for me just fine to speak igpay atinlay in that way. I will not stand for this injustice and infringement upon my moral character!!

You should buy a subscription to igpayatinlay.com.

It's only $15-20.

It will change your igpay atinlay life.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options

Fixed it in my diary....I'm now negative net calories after I get done eating all the food I've logged for my work shift!

Ummm - you're doing it wrong. Negative net calories isn't a good thing.
  • FoxyLifter
    FoxyLifter Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I didn't expect such an interesting conversation about how many calories are in a strawberry.

Haha! My thoughts exactly. Love to read the hangry fueled posts. Rage on!!
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options

Meh - strawberries don't have that many calories ( 6 per large strawberry according to data base) and they don't vary that much in size, anyone who eats strawberries regularly can say whether said strawberry is large or medium and calorie difference between different sized strawberries is only going to be a couple of calories anyway and OP was only talking about 4 of them - I think one can safely say an estimate in size would not be a big deal here.

strawberry-sizes-1.jpg
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options

LOL

me too:laugh:

thought about posting it but a few random thoughts later it was out of my mind
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

Meh - strawberries don't have that many calories ( 6 per large strawberry according to data base) and they don't vary that much in size, anyone who eats strawberries regularly can say whether said strawberry is large or medium and calorie difference between different sized strawberries is only going to be a couple of calories anyway and OP was only talking about 4 of them - I think one can safely say an estimate in size would not be a big deal here.

strawberry-sizes-1.jpg

Photoshop!
  • FitnSassy
    FitnSassy Posts: 263 Member
    Options

LOL

You'll be fine... eat some strawberries! :wink:
  • joehempel
    joehempel Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options

Fixed it in my diary....I'm now negative net calories after I get done eating all the food I've logged for my work shift!

NO way....really??? Negative calories is bad??? OMG IM GOING TO DIEEEEE!!!! This was food for my WORK shift....no the entire damn day.

So no....Im NOT doing it wrong...or maybe I need to stand on a food scale and log my food....will that help?
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Strawberries come in a wide range of sizes, so it's impossible to give you a precise answer. You probably shouldn't worry unless you are eating just an insane amount of strawberries. I always double check things in the MFP database. Some people's entries are foolish and not remotely accurate.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options

NO way....really??? Negative calories is bad??? OMG IM GOING TO DIEEEEE!!!! This was food for my WORK shift....no the entire damn day.

So no....Im NOT doing it wrong...or maybe I need to stand on a food scale and log my food....will that help?

Oh dear - someone is cranky. Or seriously hangry. Poor thing.
  • joehempel
    Options

Oh dear - someone is cranky. Or seriously hangry. Poor thing.

Nope. I got my answer a long time ago at this point I'm just trolling my own thread
  • dabucks
    dabucks Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    New Game: would you date the person who weighs strawberries in the post above yours?
    depositphotos_6635428-Old-weight-scale-with-strawberry.jpg
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    somebody didn't actually read the thread and is jumping to conclusions. I asked about the calories in one strawberry not to use or the need or want of a food scale. it's amazing how you just pick and choose what you want to read and then based your assumptions of of that to me that's a pretty poor taste. how about reading first
    pst.

you cannot tell how many calories are in a strawberry unless you weigh it.

:flowerforyou:

I like you.
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    Wtf did I miss up here? I like strawberries. ..
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    Actually, I did read it. But you still asked for advice in some form. Even if that was just the calories in a strawberry. People have provided that, and based on how far off you were made further suggestions, entirely sensible ones at that, and you've just come back and told them that you know better than them.

and again I had already said no to the food scale yet people still insist. do I know better than them what works for me of course I do I have had success with what works for me I was looking for general information on approximations for one strawberry. next thing you know I'm getting relationship advice in this thread

No need....if you won't use a food scale he will eventually get sick of you and just break up.
  • FitnSassy
    FitnSassy Posts: 263 Member
    Options

That'll learn ya, durn ya! Maybe you should just give up strawberries altogether! :yawn:
  • joehempel
    Options
    New Game: would you date the person who weighs strawberries in the post above yours?
    depositphotos_6635428-Old-weight-scale-with-strawberry.jpg

Depends on if yoy weigh the cream too.
  • sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    I'm beginning to suspect that OP had a very bad experience with a food scale earlier in his life.

That's my best theory on his strong emotional reaction to the recommendations to use one.

OP, please show me on this doll where the food scale touched you.

#cannotdeal:laugh: