March Running Challange

Options
Hi everyone. This is a continuation from the February Running Challange.
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1187491-february-running-challange

Anyone can join in. New & Old. Here the details from last month that applies here again.

Anybody want to join me for a running challenge? Set a goal here and mark it every day here. You can post your progress by creating a ticker at http://www.tickerfactory.com

You can run, walk, or do treadmill. Just be consistent. I am setting a goal for 130 miles again (failed it in February due to injuries). Don't let that worry you. Some can do 25, 50; whatever you like. We can help motivate each other. What do you say? if you are new to running, set a low goal.

You can set your goal now but wait till March 1 to log your runs.

Info on tickers since I know there will be questions. Sign up for an account http://www.tickerfactory.com and create your ticker.
Then you need to update it after you do a run and post it here. Here is what you will need to do.

If you go into your ticker page, I think the link is:

http://www.tickerfactory.com/ezticker/ticker_designer.php?type=8 << may be slightly different

Then you go to your settings page. Make sure you type your pin in that you set when you created your ticker account.
Then where it says "Your current cumlative value, there is an add button. Just add what you just did and the cumlative value automatically changes. Then hit next.

Now after you added your new miles (or km's) to your ticker you need to post it here.

After you hit next, it will give you a bunch of codes suggesting on how to display your ticker.
Use the one at the bottom where it says Direct Image URL:

It will look something like:
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/w6K1EiX/exercise.png

To display that correctly in your post, make sure you place the img tags around that link. So it will look, (removing the spaces in the img tags):

[ img ] http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/w6K1EiX/exercise.png [ /img ]

So it will look like this after you post:

exercise.png

Some key things to pay attention to when posting your ticker.

1: Use the link that ends in .png
2. Remember the [ img] and [ /img] tags go in between the link
3. remove the spaces in the img tags before posting
4. YES, there is a / in the second /img tag

Good luck! And happy running (or walking or treadmilling, ect). If you have any trouble or have questions, please feel free to PM me.

Replies

• bkbenda
    bkbenda Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    March Goal – 110 miles

Continue sub 2:15 training plan (1/2)
    March 1 - Ortega River Run (5 mile) - first official race as a runner and I feel prepared thanks in part to these monthly challenges. Goal – sub 52 min.
    March 15 – Gate River Run (15K – 9.3 miles). Goal – sub 1:40

Let's do this!

exercise.png
  • Mrscanmore
    Mrscanmore Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    I'm going to go for 90 km.

exercise.png
  • ScientificExplorerGirl
    Options
    I just made my February goal so I am in for March!! I think I'll up it to 55 miles for the month. Hopefully I will be able to do some of that outside.

exercise.png
  • Greytfish
    Options
    First Half of the Season the last week of the month.

exercise.png
  • Kookyk9s
    Kookyk9s Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Well I surprised the heck out of myself and actually made last month's challenge so I have no excuse not to be in again. Going to try for 70 miles YIKES!!
  • Emery313
    Options
    exercise.png
  • kitsune1989
    kitsune1989 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Setting a goal of 40 miles. Just starting to run again :)
  • annathelu
    annathelu Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    What a good idea! I am having trouble staying on track, so I'm going to lean on the community here. I'll set a 45-mile goal to start. So I return to this thread to post daily?
  • annathelu
    annathelu Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    exercise.png
  • Blue801
    Blue801 Posts: 442
    Options
    In for fun.
    exercise.png
  • chickenly
    Options
    Aiming for 50 miles!

exercise.png
  • suetorrence
    suetorrence Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just ran my first three mile race last Sunday. It was the "graduation" race for a C25K class that I took with my husband through our local running shoe store. Now we have signed up for a Half-Marathon 101 class that is organized along the lines of the C25K model. Coming to computers later in life - I am 66 - I hope I can figure out how to add the ticker to my posts:smile:
  • EvenThatNameIsTaken
    Options
    I'm in! I may end up adjusting my goal.

exercise.png
  • mochapygmy
    mochapygmy Posts: 2,123 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I'm new to running and set my goal a bit higher than my anticipated miles.

]
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    Yes, you return back here daily after you run to log your progress.
    For those that are just pasting the link by itself, make sure you surround that .png link with image tags.

So I will pick on the lady above me (sorry I don't intend to pick on you. :-) ).

You just pasted:

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/w8QT3MI/exercise.png

Now, it you put a in front of it (without the added space)  and a just after like this:

exercise.png

And removing the extra spaces will give you...

exercise.png
  • MommyTrice
    Options
    I'm in for the challenge

exercise.png
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    Also, in addition to just posting the ticker, when I return everyday here, I also like to type out my daily progress for the month and then paste my ticker underneath. So, my last day in February, my final post looked like:

Date. Miles today. Miles for Feb
    2/1 - 14 mi outside long run - 14
    2/2 - REST DAY
    2/3 - 6.2 mi outside run - 20.2
    2/4 - 6.2 mi outside run - 26.4
    2/5 - 4.5 mi outside run - 30.9
    2/6 - 4.5 mi outside run - 35.4
    2/7 - 3.5 mi outside run - 38.9
    2/8 - 14 mi outside long run 52.9
    2/9 - REST DAY
    2/10 - 4.5 mi treadmill 57.4 <<<<< darn FDL tendinitis is slowing me down n keeping me on the TM
    2/11 -2/16 Injury Rest
    2/17 - 6.2 mi outside run - 63.6
    2/18 - 4 mi treadmill - 67.6
    2/19 - 5.2 mi outside run - 72.8
    2/20 - 4 mi outside run - 76.8
    2/21 - 4.5 mi outside run - 81.3
    2/22 - 10 mi outside run - 91.3
    2/23 - REST DAY
    2/24 - 4 mi outside run 95.3
    2/25 - 5 mi outside run 100.3
    2/26 - Injury Rest & Taper (Did Elliptical instead)
    2/27 - Injury Rest & Taper (Did Elliptical Instead)
    2/28 - 4 mi outside run 104.3

exercise.png
  • mochapygmy
    mochapygmy Posts: 2,123 Member
    Options

So I will pick on the lady above me (sorry I don't intend to pick on you. :-) ).

Seriously the running will be easier! :smile:

exercise.png
  • RunnerElizabeth
    RunnerElizabeth Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Putting the suck fest that was February behind me and moving on for March. Thanks, Stan for the challenge!

I'm on the train right now so I'll fix my ticker later. I declare that I will run 85 miles this month. This is a soft goal for me, but last month was so pathetic and I'm still recovering from my illness so i figure I won't push it...yet.
  • suetorrence
    suetorrence Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just ran my first three mile race last Sunday. It was the "graduation" race for a C25K class that I took with my husband through our local running shoe store. Now we have signed up for a Half-Marathon 101 class that is organized along the lines of the C25K model. Coming to computers later in life - I am 66 - I hope I can figure out how to add the ticker to my posts:smile:
    [/exercise.pngquote]