WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2014

Options

Replies

• megblair1
    megblair1 Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    HI gals. Well I got my motivational kick in the a** early this morning. About 4:30 my brother (who is 66) had a heart attack. They got to the hospital very quickly and he is now the not-so-proud owner of stents holding 3 arteries open that were blocked 99% each. They had lots of trouble with bleeding and his blood pressure, but now he’s stable and resting. They plan to keep him a couple more days to do more testing.

I worked again today, but I think after tomorrow I can take the last 2 days of spring break off. I did get a lot done, so I guess that’s good.

Michele: I bet your recipe would be great as muffins.

Joyce: you are so right….our pets are our babies. Both the cats slept with me while Leonard and Alena were gone over the
    weekend.

Katla: can you send a dictionary so I can look up “rest”? I have no idea what that is LOL. My big worry now is that I will need to take over dad’s finances from my brother who does it now. He just works himself up into such a frenzy I’m sure it would be better if he gave it up. But OMG I do not have the time for that.

Kim: your Levi might be related to my last dog Chelsey. Supposedly she was half jack rusell (sp?) and half beagle. But at 70 pounds I think there was something else there. She was fast and athletic and twice I saw her catch a low-flying bird and kill it (ugh)

Alison: I hope you get out of that funk soon

Marsha: I have never heard of a lab that doesn’t like water but then my beagle doesn’t bark!

Beth: my advice: Don’t worry about how you look only if you are working out and having fun!

Helen welcome!

Sue congrats on making that fitbit goal!!! I’m still around 6500

Jb: hope you are finding some peace

Katla: after it being so cold, 77 yesterday felt like I was in hades! 

Lee: you have some great goals

Heather; I hope all those issues get straightened out soon

Viv: wow that is some total you have on that fitbit!!!

Penny: we all seem to need a kick in the pants every so often.

Carol: it is good to appreciate our health!

Well dinner is ready according to DD#2 the chef. Not heart healthy at all….her favorite chicken tenders and homemade mac and cheese. Need to cut down on the fat! Take care Meg from cool-ish Omaha
  • Kalley1959
    Kalley1959 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I'm feeling a bit better today, just a little weak. I made it through the entire day at work...yay! :wink:

No exercise yesterday or today but will get back to the gym tomorrow.

DD had a job interview today, fingers crossed that this job come through as she loses her full time hours the end of this week.

Tomorrow we are in for a ton of snow...ugh! :noway: :noway: :noway:

:heart: Sandy in ON
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    I went out with my sister today for lunch and had a wonderful time. We went to the same place we went to when Mom was alive. I was going to order carrot cake but they were out of it. So I got chocolate cake. It was HUGE! So I only ate half of it and took the rest of it to DH. I also didn't eat the yeast roll from my meal. Charlie makes sandwiches out of the weirdest things. If he has any kind of roll or biscuit he will make a sandwich. So I was a good girl and ordered a chef salad and took most of the meat off of it. I really, really like an egg on my salad. I also left off the bacon, cheese and croutons. Well I leave those off any salad I get. So basically it was lettuce, some tomatoes and cucumber with a teeny bit of honey mustard with an egg. Then the cake!!!! :laugh: :laugh: So Charlie can make this sandwich of ham, turkey and a yeast roll tomorrow for lunch. But the cake put me several hundred calories and carbs over today. But I'm sure Mom is up in Heaven laughing and enjoying knowing my sister and I sat there laughing our heads off during lunch. Then we came back to my house. She is wanting something for internet and her husband is thinking about buying a used Kindle Fire for her. She loves to come over and get on face book and look at her daughter's face book page and just see what she is doing. My niece loves photography and so we look at a lot of pictures.We spent four hours together. We talked about how lucky we are in having the parents and family life we had growing up. A strange thing about her and I is that when she and her husband started dating, it was easier to talk to her than me. So he asked her out just so that he could come to our house and be around me. So I was sitting there saying that I can't believe now that I dated my brother in law. She said she had never thought of it that way. So when I got to talking about the fact that I kissed her husband we just started laughing so hard.

Sometimes, not often, my cat decides she wants to discover the outdoors. She doesn't go far but does slip out the door. So tonight as we are leaving to go out tonight Melody gets out!:noway: So we are sitting in the driveway, I hadn't got my seat belt on yet and we hear this howling and Charlie says he hears a cat. We never hear a cat outside our house so we knew it was Melody. Poor kittie, she was just pacing up and down our porch in front of the door just howling. She couldn't wait until i opened the door. So when we got home, I opened the door first and she ran to the kitchen. I think she wanted to get away from that door as quick as she could. I hope she learned her lesson. I don't know what she would have done if we hadn't have heard her before we left. She doesn't wear a collar with any information on it. she is microchipped but the person that found her would have to decide to take her to be checked. She is so beautiful and is such a sweetheart I think she would be easy to just be easy to be taken in and accepted.

Joyce, Indiana
  • Poerava14
    Poerava14 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Hello Friends,
    How appropriate to read the 4 Ds of Dealing with Cravings on this thread tonight (Thanks, Sue!). This morning during my workout I listened to a chapter from Salt Sugar Fat: How the Food Giants Hooked Us about the engineering of food. The large companies hire chemists to work on formulations that hit our ‘bliss point’, which is not the point at which something tastes good or satisfying, but the formula that tickles our senses and creates cravings! :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: Yep, we’re being manipulated. I am sooo enjoying this book (Thanks, Barbie).

Stressing more than usual over work. It will pass and given that no lives or limbs are in the balance, I just have to take a deep breath and trust it will all work out. I have added perspective….. This past weekend I reached out a friend I’ve had since high school who I had not talked with in about 5 years. In the process of catching up, she informed me that another very dear friend of ours had two brain aneurysms which left her paralyzed on her left side. :brokenheart:

I send prayers for those of you who have your own or loved ones with health challenges. I hope there are brighter days ahead for you.

Rori in Colorado Foothills where we had more snow today :angry: :angry: :angry:

My word for 2014 = Release
    Goals for March:
    *Read Salt Sugar Fat
    *Do high intensity interval training at least 1x per week for 25 mins
    *Twice a week, consume fewer than 35 carbs
    *Pick up the phone and call a friend or relative 1x per week just to check in
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Just a note for the new ladies. The thread will reach 500 posts soon, and then will split off to Part Two, so be sure to look for it. I can't tell you the number of times I kept looking at the thread thinking nobody had posted I a long time, then realizing it had split off. By the time I found the new thread I was three or four pages behind.:laugh:

Tonight hubby and I went to help my son move their beds. He is moving into the same apartment building and the same floor as his wife and her son. They are still trying to work things out, so now they will be close by. They have family dinner night three times a week, so they just have to go down the hall. The apartment is small for him and three kids, but honestly it's nicer than the house he is moving from. I hope it works out. Moving house is really hard for him with his lung problems.

The sunset was really spectacular tonight, and if we had not gone to help him move we wouldn't have seen it.

Goodnight all!

Sylvia
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,770 Member
    Options
    Zumba Report ... I had fun ... managed not to bump into anyone ... think I'll try it again next week! But I'm going to have to figure out what they're doing with their hips ... I am not that smooth!:laugh: And maybe I should move to the left as well as the right :wink:

We've just been issued a BLIZZARD Warning for tomorrow! :sad: So now making plans to get things done in the morning before it gets bad ... assuming the weather man's timing in accurate.

Beth in WNY
  • yanniejannie
    yanniejannie Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    bump............long day
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,370 Member
    Options
    Did 1 hr HIIT today on the elliptical. Tomorrow we have a Newcome general meeting so I'll do both segments of KCM "30 Minutes to Fitness" DVD for a total of an hour.

Went to mahjongg today, but only this other lady and myself were there, which is strange since Tuesdays more people go, or at least that's the way it seems to me. Well, I came home and made the salad to take tonight to Rummikub

Weather is fantastic here tday. In the 70's, low humidity. But, unfortunately, the forecast is for it to get cooler as the week progresses

barbie - oh no, he forgot to turn his clock ahead! I'm sorry you missed your meeting

Joyce - Jessica has a way with animals. My aunt had this cat who was feral. She'd been feeding it for years, but it would never get near her. Jessica went to her house once and the cat came right up to her. So sorry about Buddie.

katla - I share your sentiments, everyone on here is so special to me.

Kim - we used to have two cats that Vince nicknamed Ooday and Kusay (Osama bin Laden's sons). They'd take a mouse and make a sort-of ring with their front legs, bat the mouse around until it died, Then they'd walk away!!!

kay - one time we heard this awful sound outside, seems one of our cats got tangled with a critter with a white stripe down his back. That was the ONLY time he'd let us actually spray him. He'd lay down in one spot, I think he couldn't stand the smell of himself (but he didn't realize it was himself) and then move. I suspect deep inside he knew that us spraying him with the "skumk off" stuff was helping him so he accepted it. But then he got skunked again! After the first time you'd think he'd learn to stay away from those animals with a white stripe -- but nooooo

Heather - congrats on your final loss

Marilyn - welcome, come here often.

Sue in SD - congrats on reaching your average steps. WTG. Love that quote "when you are down to nothing God is up to something" How true!

jb - congrats on your niece's giving birth! That's the circle of life, be born, live, die.

alison - I love my French door refrigerator, too. Have you ever had a s-b-s? I used MIL's while I was down there and decided that that's definitely not for me. The refigerator part you can't even put a pizza box in, it isn't wide enough.

Beth - just have fun at zumba. Will anyone remember in a week that you were going the wrong way? No!

katla - It just gets me a bit upset when all's I hear is "you never used to eat like that". I never have a problem making two dinners, one for Vince and one for me. I'll give him what he likes. So why can't he just respect my likes? Or at least keep it to himself? Oh well. guess this is just the way it's going to be. Hope you don't get flooded.

Washed another one of my bedspreads and have it on the railing on the deck now. I'd better get it

Sylvia - thanks for the smiles

Going to this one gal's house for rummikub tonight. She's planning to serve spaghetti. Really, I'm not a big fan of pasta but I'll have a little just to make her happy. Hope there's some protein, also. I'm bringing a salad. Actually, two, I know that I intend to have a lot of salad.

Carol in NC - so sorry for your friends.

Meg - how scary for your brother! Glad he's doing better

Sandy - keeping my fingers crossed for your daughter

Beth - glad you enjoyed the zumba!

All those in the path of snow -- stay safe.

Michele in NC
  • maw001
    maw001 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Just joined 2 days ago and already feel better. I don't have a lot of weight to lose, maybe 5-10 lbs but really wish to maintain my weight more than lose and also need motivation to exercise again as I haven't done any in almost a year. I had surgery for endometrial cancer (stg IIIA) last May. The cancer had spread to the cervix and fallopian tube by the time I was diagnosed. I had to consequently have 6 wks of radiation after I recovered from the surgery. I lost weight during radiation tx but also started taking tamoxifen and progesterone for ever during this time.

In November when I finally started feeling somewhat back to my normal self again, my appetite just skyrocketed. And I am slowly gaining a few pounds every month, this is a side effect of the medications. Also I found it hard to exercise because it started snowing in early November and I haven't seen the ground until this week and had a hard time being motivated to do any thing else but work and shovel my driveway!

I have been tested and retested and drive 1 1/2 hrs to my oncologist appointments; it has been a stressful time. I just had a good 3 mos checkup but when I got weighed, I was kinda shocked at my weight gain. So I found this web site and figured this was a good way to lose a few pounds and try to maintain.

It also makes me aware of trying to eat healthier, my goal is to eat fresh fruit and vegetables every day, even if I could do one serving of each is an improvement from my pre cancer unhealthy eating habits. I am trying to cut down on beef and eliminate as much processed food as I can. I eliminated diet coke 4 wks ago and substituted ice tea. I also started drinking at least 4 lg glasses of water per day and set my exercise goal at 30 minutes 3 times/week.

My cancer was a rude awakening, as I am 57 yrs old and feel I have a lot of living left to do! I am hoping a healthier diet and a more consistent exercise schedule will prevent a recurrence of this cancer as the statistics are not in my favor. I pray alot more, I thank God for every day that I am alive. I try to stay positive and really do appreciate something about every day now.

Peace and love from Maryann in Ohio
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Meg: Prayers for your brother. I hope his procedures solve the problem and allow him a good life. :flowerforyou: Definition: Rest is what other people do while you work.:wink::tongue:

Joyce: It sounds as though you had a great time with your family.:flowerforyou:

Sylvia: I’m wishing your son good luck with his efforts to get healthier and work on his family relationships. You must be very proud of him.:flowerforyou:

Beth in WNY: I’m glad you enjoyed Zumba.:flowerforyou:

Michele: I am so lucky that my DH was willing to go on this weight loss adventure with me. We seldom have conflicts over food. When he wants something I don’t like, we eat different things. I hope Vince doesn’t pick at your choices. :flowerforyou:

Maryann in OH: It sounds like you’re making healthy choices. You’ve found a wonderfully supportive group of women here who will happily cheer you on. Welcome!:flowerforyou:

Just so you know, you'll find the link to the new thread at the bottom of this one. MFP limits these threads to 500 posts, so we're getting close.

Tomorrow is DH’s appointment with the acupuncture doctor and then we will be packing to leave on our trip to CO. I’ll take my computer along with me and hope not to get too far behind here. I’m looking forward to seeing DD and DGD. It has been too long since I saw either of them.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

March goals:

1. Log every bite and swallow.
    2. Move more: cardio at least 3 days a week and strength training as soon as I am able.
    3. Find a way to have fun at least once every day.
    4. Water: According to an article I saw on facebook, drinking water at certain times maximizes its effectiveness for the body. I’ll work toward following these guidelines:
    * 2 glasses of water after waking up - helps activate internal organs
    * 1 glass of water 30 minutes before a meal - helps digestion
    * 1 glass of water before taking a bath - helps lower blood pressure
    * 1 glass of water before going to bed - avoids stroke or heart attack
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Good Morning from a cold and foggy York UK

:flowerforyou: I have started to log my food again, hopefully I'll see where I am going wrong once I see it in black and white! I'm exercising as often as I can, I'm trying to make it every morning before work, but some mornings I have to be in on time to cover for Jane my colleague. Today it doesn't matter if I'm in after 8:30 a.m. so I can dig out my exercise DVD and go for it :bigsmile:

:flowerforyou: I've not had time to catch up with all the posts, but even when I am not posting I am thinking about you all. :drinker:

I'd best get a move on time has a habit of going much quicker on a morning :noway: :noway: :ohwell:
  • Anamika703
    Anamika703 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Hello Vit F!
    Thankyou everyone for the wishes:bigsmile: :drinker:
    Sylvia:heart: You could definitely try the C25k pgm, but check with your doc, given your beautiful heart….. I suggest walk , jog intermittently for a minute or 30 secs whatever is comfortable. Play it by the ear, rather your body. Thanks for the jokes, they make me smile and so does Bruno!

Joyce:bigsmile: love your narratives

Jb in Portland :brokenheart: so sorry to hear about your uncle, sending you warm hugs. Your own music studio????? Great apart from other talents you r musically gifted too:flowerforyou:

Momsamodel :flowerforyou: I am sure your chin has slimmed down and your neck is emerging longer after you got rid of some weight around it. Happy for you

Katla :bigsmile: Congrats on the new car! I have always appreciated your practical, down to earth approach to weight loss and generally everything. Hope the appt for your husband goes well and you have a super time with your family

Meg :drinker: so glad to see your posts. Congratulations for being recognized, Role model ! Prayers for your brother

Michelle :flowerforyou: you are ever inspiring in your dedication to working out, meeting people, volunteering and baking

Deedee!!!!!!:drinker: Yanniejannie !!!! :drinker: Margaret !!!!!:cry::flowerforyou:
    Sandy !!!!!! Get well soon, sending you a ton of good wishes:flowerforyou:
    Barbie love your focus and dedication, you so inspire me :smile:

Heather :bigsmile: love your taglines about the weather at home. I can see you in your white lace top…. Look like a Diva! Persistence thy name is Heather…. Off with all those lbs:drinker:

Patty great workout !

:bigsmile: Lee in Ontario, Rose Welcome! Great goals!

Kevrit :heart: You are in my prayers

Pat :flowerforyou: congratulations on your anniversary. ( sorry am late)

Mahhcm :flowerforyou: Welcome! You trained and ran for a marathon!!! That’s amazing!
    Ginryl:flowerforyou: Nice to see you post regularly
    Meyllisa :smile: what a cute doggie? Is it yours? What do you call him/ her?

Jill :sad: hope u have better weather
    Alison :love: great to see your oldself back…
    Sue :flowerforyou: those are some Deadly D’s, have noted them down for dealing with Cravings
    Maryann in Ohio :drinker: Welcome! You have beaten the Cancer now you just have to take one day at a time. Slow and steady truly wins !
    And all those I left out.... warm hugs
    Anamika from Mumbai
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,763 Member
    Options
    morning kids,
    I slept pretty well and got 9 1/2 hrs sleep,but wow I think the allergies are kicking in because I am exsausted. got enough sleep but not awake.
    i didnt have the lemon water this morning went straight for a cup of tea..
    got almost 10,000 steps yesterday,oh well.. I am not giving up,gonna keep on truckin.. just havent been into going to the gym,though I know thats where I need to be...
    has anyone heard from Pat? sure do miss hearing from her..
    Lucy~ you still out there?
    Meg~ thinking of you, 2 friends of mine have had heart attacks in the last month,what the heck..dont over do yourself...
    left early from work yesterday because it was gorgeous:bigsmile: went over to Sears outlet to look at the fridge, it is stainless and has a few tiny dings and a scratch on the handle.. took pictures and sent them to the DH, there is a white one in West Haven with no scratches and would match the stove .. so I am the one who has to make the decision.. any help would be appreciated
  • CynthiaT60
    CynthiaT60 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    jb: congrats on the new family member!
    Heather: good that you had a good talk with DH. I’m always learning that I don’t have to carry all my burdens alone all of the time. :smile:
    Jane: enjoy your visit with your son!
    Pennie: Glad you’ve gotten exactly the help you need from your buddy. :flowerforyou:
    Carol: hope you can continue taking care of yourself. :flowerforyou:
    Meg: so sorry about your brother, but glad he’s getting good care. Scary. Rest when you can! :flowerforyou:
    Sandy: good you’re feeling better.
    Joyce: love the cake story. Sounds like a good time. :laugh:
    Beth: see, you had fun, didn’t you? :wink:
    Michele: do what’s right for you. And personally I’d tell V. to keep his comments to himself. But that’s just me. :smile:
    Maryann: welcome, and what a story! Good you’re taking care of yourself.
    Alison: so glad you slept wel! You’re doing just fine; keep taking care of yourself. Can’t help you with the fridge decision, but someone else will be able to! :heart:

Very busy work week here, a little TOO busy, but at least I have a job (many don’t) and I can work whenever I want and mostly from home, as long as the work’s done on time.

Hope everyone has a good day!
    Cynthia
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,309 Member
    Options
    Good morning my friends! Gorgeous, sunny day here! Might get to the garden centre to buy some more seeds.:bigsmile:

Meg - so sorry about your brother. Sounds like he was very lucky to get help so quickly. I love my brother sooooo much and he is really overweight with a big gut and type 2 diabetes. Has had eye problems. At least now he has got a dog and goes walking, though I suspect it is strolling and the dog is running.:laugh: Yesterday we heard that a famous, or infamous, union leader died of a heart attack at the age of 52. His name is Bob Crow. He was the one responsible for the recent tube strike in London, but many people admired him for the way he led the union. He got terrific deals for his members. I think the whole country was shocked at his unexpected death. It's strange when a face you know so well from the television dies. You feel you know them, but of course you don't.

Well girls, I have lost another pound! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! Isn't that the way - nothing for weeks and then two at once! I am delighted as it takes me under ten stone and into the 130s at 139 lbs! ! ! ! ! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Yesterday I printed out the necessary info and read it and gave it to DH to read and drafted up a nice new letterhead with footer for my letter I am going to write today, stating my intention to apply for a lease extension. It looks very posh.:laugh: It sooooo helps me, yes Cynthia, to have him on my side. Because he's not emotionally involved he finds it all much easier. I just have to swallow my pride when I lose money on the flat adventure. :cry: But there are many, many worse things in this life.:happy:

I've got some new strapping for my knee that I will take to Scotland. It could help if we do a lot of walking round Edinburgh. I bought it from Amazon, and I was amazed to read in the reviews how many people have the same patella problem that I have. The strange thing is that it was only diagnosed by a sports physio a couple of years ago. I had many investigations over the years and no one could find anything wrong. I can hear it grinding when I reverse the new car!

For dinner tonight we will have the last of the Swedish Meatballs I made for the family a month ago. Just got to fix some gravy with allspice for an authentic Swedish flavour. I have some turkey stock to use.

Must get on. Got a few things to wash for my weekend away.

Love Heather in sunny and warm and flowery Hampshire UK
  • DeeDee2211
    DeeDee2211 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Good morning beautiful ladies:flowerforyou:

Lots to say and no time to say it:sad: ! I think I need that hour I lost over the weekend:tongue: !

Hugs and prayers for all!!! You are all wonderful women and I appreciate each and every one of you:flowerforyou: !

Have a fantastic day ladies!!! Drink your water:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: and log your food!

Hugs,
    DeeDee in wet and windy but mild NC
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    left early from work yesterday because it was gorgeous:bigsmile: went over to Sears outlet to look at the fridge, it is stainless and has a few tiny dings and a scratch on the handle.. took pictures and sent them to the DH, there is a white one in West Haven with no scratches and would match the stove .. so I am the one who has to make the decision.. any help would be appreciated

Alison, I am definitely opinionated about this issue. We had stainless appliances in our previous home, and they were a pain to keep clean. They catch and hold fingerprints like crazy. The stainless is fairly thin and also scratches easily. Give it a touch test while you're shopping and see whether you agree. Also check in at the appliance store later in the day after a lot of shoppers have been looking and touching.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,763 Member
    Options
    katla~ i was there in the afternoon and there was some fingerprints on it,they dont come off? is there a polish you can use?
    glad you gave me some info, for 13.00 more dollars maybe we will get the white one ..
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    Great post .....one we can all learn from Patin Ohio
    I don't know if I can be of much use to the newbies, except to say that I have been where you are now. I have had unstoppable cravings, in my case for cheese and huge helpings of carbs, like rice. I used to eat until my stomach was distended and all I could do was sleep. Something eventually switched in my brain and I think the fact that you have asked for help means that you are really ready for change. You are sick and tired of being sick and tired. NOW is the moment and you are ready. You will have slip ups, but take it one day at a time and you can do it.
    I found it helpful to ask myself what I was stuffing down and why I was punishing myself. In my case it was my marriage and my inability to face the fact thst it had run its course. Usually something is behind binge eating if only we can access it.
    I send you my best wishes and healing. I know how desperate and out of control you can feel. I even wrote a novel about it!
    There are many books you can read and websites you could explore. I agree with the others that keeping trigger food out of the house is the first step. I have found that eating proper meals is a grest help. A meal with lean protein and lots of veg makes you feel you have nourished yourself in the best way possible. It is important not to feel deprived. Some research into lower calorie recipes might help. Chewing celery probably is not the answer. It only reminds you you are depriving yourself.
    I hope you can turn this around. A switch will certainly go off in your brain and you will be able to repeat your great success. I find I have to think of this as a lifestyle, so deprivation is not going to work for me. The eating plan I use now I would be very happy to follow for the rest of my life. With exercise I can eat 1600 a day and still lose.
    Look at skinnytaste.com for some ideas. Start to enjoy your food. Good luck! :heart: :heart: :flowerforyou:

Heather UK
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,770 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies!

The expected blizzard has cancelled all activity here!

Alison.... I have all stainless steel appliances .... remodeled about three years ago. My refrigerator and stove are GE Profiles ... and they use rolled steel. Very thick ... brighter and shinier than others. It cleans well and looks good for long periods of time. But I also don't have small children around. On the other hand, the dishwasher is a kitchenaid ... and there is a huge difference in the steel. It's more gray in color ... very thin ... and just about impossible to keep looking good. If the refrigerator and stove were like it, I'd be pulling my hair out! Just my two cents.

Have a great day

Beth in WNY