janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Vicky-sorry for your loss.
    hugs
    jane
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Katla NW Oregon, I do have it on my phone, I just don’t want to deal with it in the evening, I know I have to get over it.

Patty, Cincinnati

Patty I try to log my food as I go along, rather than at the end of the day when I'm tired and grumpy. I think it helps me make better decisions along the way. Start when you can and see what you think. Everyone needs to make it work in their own way.
  • Katla49
    Options
    I might be back to back, here. :ohwell:

Heather: Congrats on the royalty check. Most of us will never see one but you had the talent to write a book that people are still reading.:flowerforyou:

Carol: Sorry to hear about your binge. I’d be mad at the insensitive jerk of a doctor, too. Someone once told me that success is the best revenge. I try to go that way and look at proving people wrong. I don’t always succeed.:flowerforyou:

Joyce: You’ll knock ‘em dead in the choir. Sing to express your gratitude and joy.:flowerforyou:

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison
  • meyllisa
    meyllisa Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Vicky so sorry for the loss of your Father, Thoughts and Prayers for you and your family

Juanita in sudbury
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Beth, thank you so much for your words of wisdom. I needed that. I don't have the most wonderful voice. I don't do well with solos, but I have what they call a choir voice. I blend in. But those voices are needed. And yes, I do believe that the whole Peterson family was given the gift of music. Whether it is in the form of playing the piano, the organ, writing music or singing, we all have some form in the gift of music. And we loved to gather together and sign. We had very little money growing up. But we had the piano and Mom to play it and that's how we spent a lot of our time. And traveling in the car we were always singing.

Joyce, Indiana
  • jfenner141
    jfenner141 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Vicky - I am so sorry to hear about your Dad's passing. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Lots of slow deep breaths, my friend.
    :heart:
    Jill in western MA
  • moeggep
    moeggep Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Vicky, So sorry for your loss. My prayers are with you and your family.

I actually just finished my food log! I also did my water and exercise. Not sure I did it right though as it sure seems like I have a lot of calories left after exercise.

Good night to all,
    Patty, Cincinnati
  • megblair1
    megblair1 Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Hi gals. Just a quick check in tonight...I got over 10,000 steps on my fitbit today with a full day of clinical...exactly what I expected! I don't recall setting it up with my stride which I thought was odd because all my cheap ones had to be set up like that. I have the expensive fitbit too!

Vicki: I am so sorry for your loss but so glad you got one last visit in. I'm sending you healing and peaceful thoughts.

Thanks for all the support re the nurse practitioner. Actually I'd rather see an NP any day over a doctor...I think they are mostly idiots, but I guess that's the nurse in me. I could go elsewhere, but as long as I go there, 100% of my diabetes care is free. It's a benefit from work. All my meds, NP visits 4 times a year, all lab work, lancets, strips for the glucometer, plus I got two glucometers instead of one. I can see a dietician any time I want. And it's all free. I just have to be "compliant'. My doctor (whom I actually love to death) is in charge; if the NP thinks I need something different, she has to contact my doc and the doc is the one who would prescribe it. The NP also sends my doc a summary of our visit and all my lab results since they are in two separate health care systems. I can put up with her for free care, but I'll talk to her if she's this bad the next time. She could have been having what I call a bad hair day. We'll see. But I do have to find a different way to respond to her! Can't eat in frustration again!

Well I'm off to bed early tonight. Sweet dreams. Meg from Omaha where it is misty and windy.
  • Kalley1959
    Kalley1959 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I'm so far behind in the posts. I will catch up tomorrow.

Vicki - I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm glad you got to visit one last time. Be gentle with yourself over the next while!

I went to Cardiofit box class again tonight. I am hoping that I will be able to sleep tonight, I haven't slept in days and I'm really tired. Tomorrow is my rest day.

Sending hugs to all that need it.

:heart: Sandy in ON
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Vickie so sorry for your loss. Also happy that you were there for a last visit. Take care of yourself.
    Sylvia - you are a great grandmother. Try to rest when you have a chance.
    Worked in yard trimming shrubs and hauling them down the hill to the burn pile. Sure was hard getting back up the hill with the wheelbarrow.
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    Just a quick check in...

Vicky - I am so sorry to hear your Dad passed, but so glad you got one last visit and are with family for a few days. You take care of yourself ! Sending caring thoughts your way

Kim - in N. CAL
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Got a question for you ladies. I was reading an article last night on myths about retirement planning and we are now questioning if we have prepared well enough. One thing they suggested was long term care insurance. To be honest we have never thought about that at all. If any of you have it can you tell me what kind of premiums you are paying, that is if you are comfortable in saying. I was reading one site tonight and they said the average would be about $3000/year and this article was from back in 2009. They also said that if you start after 70 years old the premiums are the highest. I am 64 and hubbie is 65, almost 66. Thanks

Joyce, Indiana
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,383 Member
    Options
    katla - I can't imagine making a christening cake, either.

Kim - Vince talked about not being the treasurer of Newcomers in a few years. At that point I'll consider giving up the hospitality. Right now it works out, Vince needs to be at the general meetings so it's really not a big deal for me to be there too. But when it comes to when he no longer has to be at those meetings, I'll consider dropping out of hospitality. I honestly don't know if I'll do anything else, why tie myself down? To me, this is something (any volunteer organization) that everyone should do. You shouldn't have to do it for years and years (although that's how it works out) I felt that I've "paid my dues", I have been tied down somewhat for a few years, someone else can be tied down.

Carol in NC - that's horrible that your gyno didn't even mention your weight loss.

Joyce - I know you'll be great Sunday and that church is so lucky to have you. Prayers (which you won't need) for you.

Jill - when you do that with your beans, do they come out as soft and mushy as the ones in the can?

Just filled out my menu for today. I can't believe that I'm over on the calories. Can't wait to make that other recipe for the black bean brownie.

Patty - I always keep a listing of the food I eat and then periodically during the day log it. I don't bother logging each item as I eat it.

Gloria - good luck at the sale! I hope your son gets his XBox

Pennie in TX - hope your back is better soon

Vicki - my deepest sympathies for all of you

went over on calories and then had a mini-splurge. But you know what? I'm finding that I'm splurging (eating) less and less. Before I would really splurge, now I'm splurging just for a bit and then it's over. To me, that's a step in the right direction.

Meg - 100% of your diabetes care being paid for is definitely worth it

Michele in NC
  • nccarolb
    nccarolb Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Vicki - So sorry about your dad but so happy that you got that last visit in. Hugs to you!

Meg - Great job on your 10,000 steps. There is a place in the Fitbit website where you set up your stride. I forget whatmine is, but I was greatly shocked by how long my steps were. My son measured out a place on the street and counted for me. For my 10,000 steps I get around 5.7 miles.

I must confess that I gave in to temptation today. A coworker brought doughnuts into the office. I have no problem with not buying them, but once they're in front of me, all hope is lost. I've had to work hard since I got home to walk off those calories just to be under goal for the day (cause I didn't eat just one :embarassed: ). My personal goal of staying right at 1500 is shot for today. But, tomorrow is another day!

Randomly looked at a thread today that had a link to link my Fitbit to my Kmart/Sears Shop Your Way rewards account. I got $6 worth by just signing up and then I get so many per 14 miles that I walk. I typically walk almost 50 miles a week so I'm looking for them to add up!

Off to bed now to see if I can actually sleep at a time other that while my alarm is sounding.

Carol in NC
  • edraper70
    edraper70 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Vicki, I'm so sorry. Prayers of comfort for you and your family! Eileen
  • Katla49
    Options
    Vicki, I am sorry for your loss.
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,085 Member
    Options
    Good night,

Deedee :drinker:

Michelle glad you were not getting sick.

:flowerforyou: Vicki so sorry for your loss. Never easy to lose a parent.

Goal:
    To do something healthy for myself, so I wake up to a healthier tomorrow.
    As spring comes to cut back to two to three days a week. I worked four this week.

2014 word: contentment
    :heart:
    Margaret
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,331 Member
    Options
    Vicki - so sorry for your loss. He must have waited for you to get there. My mum did the same thing. May you all be at peace.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :heart:

Heather UK
  • yoyonomore55
    yoyonomore55 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Vicki- So sorry for your loss. Take good care of yourself. Sending prayers for you and your family during this very difficult time.

Deb A in CNY