March Cycling Challenge 2014

Options
They say that confession is good for the soul. Here it is: I haven't been on my bike since November. Well, there is mud everywhere I look and basements are flooding. It can only mean one thing, it is March! I'm starting to feel the stirrings of hope.

Welcome to our Cycling thread. If you're reading this hoping for a specific challenge like Do Spin Class 20 Times or Ride 300 miles, then I'm sorry to disappoint. This is a thread to encourage cycling, I'll leave the goals and challenges to each and every person that posts. We welcome any and all riders. Do you ride every day? Do you commute? Do you spin? Are you pulling a trailer? Are you just starting out? Are you a weekend rider? Are you just thinking about how fun it was to ride your bike as a kid? We want all of you. Whatever your goals and whatever your level you are welcome.

As I stated, this is not a specific challenge. You may post distance, time, speed, crashes (that one is for me:ohwell: ), bum soreness (another for me:blushing: ), whatever motivates you to push that pedal.

There is no group to join, no instructions to follow. Just start posting.

Replies

• sajeffe
    sajeffe Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    3/1 - 1.2 miles.

No goal this month again.
    MTD = 1.2 miles.
  • WhiteCloud9
    WhiteCloud9 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Well last month didn't go so well so I'm happy it's over and I can start again!
  • loriemn
    loriemn Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I'm in..
  • IronmanNYC
    IronmanNYC Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm in...but will be starting next week.
  • SingingSingleTracker
    SingingSingleTracker Posts: 1,866 Member
    Options
    March 1 - rode 28.6 miles for a duration of 90 minutes

Total for month of March: 28.6 miles/1:30 hours
  • faugsu
    faugsu Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Happy March!!

3-1 15 miles
  • Mrscanmore
    Mrscanmore Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join you! I'm going to go for time. I'm still in cold snowy weather, so I have my bike on the trainer and it will probably have to stay there until May! So, I'm going to try for 4 hours for the month. I find it hard to go for a long time on the trainer. I think 30 minutes is the most I've done at once.
  • Ashwee87
    Ashwee87 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    My first one, woot!! I just got my bike a week ago. I use to love riding my bike and I figured why not go back to it. But this time I have the joy of pulling my son along with me so he can enjoy the outdoors and ride as well! :)

I am pulling a cart with my 2 year old son. (Who is like 35 lbs)

MARCH
    3/1 = 5.45 miles

GOAL for the month = 100 Miles
  • mstripes
    mstripes Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I started the month with 34 miles on my trainer, 10 of which was with The Sufferfest Long Scream. Main goal this year is one day Seattle to Portland faster than last year.
  • kristendeyell
    kristendeyell Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to start riding again! However, the snow here is still up to my armpits lol so alas I will have to wait a bit. I have this very exciting pole that sticks onto my bike under my seat called a walky-dog. My chocolate lab Albert comes with me everywhere I bike, and he will be just as excited to start biking again! :tongue:
  • OldDogSparky
    Options
    Lets do this! March 1st - 20 miles. Going for 200. Just keep riding.
  • Pmagnanifit
    Pmagnanifit Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Hello I am trying to get back on my bike. I am adding time and trying to get back to biking forty five minutes at a stretch. It was 39 degrees so I used my indoor bike trainer for 21 min.
  • ecograndma
    Options
    I am in. Need to get ready for a 40 mile organized ride in April.
  • Leanz
    Leanz Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to start riding again! However, the snow here is still up to my armpits lol so alas I will have to wait a bit. I have this very exciting pole that sticks onto my bike under my seat called a walky-dog. My chocolate lab Albert comes with me everywhere I bike, and he will be just as excited to start biking again! :tongue:

I have a choc lab too - called Vin Where did you get your "walky-dog" Would love him to come along with me!
  • Leanz
    Leanz Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    Have been trying to maintain some fitness after hurting my hamstring and really enjoying my cycling :bigsmile:
    Will try for 150 miles - might be tpp optimistic but something to aim for
  • Mrscanmore
    Mrscanmore Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    I did 25 minutes this morning.
    exercise.png
  • blanphere
    blanphere Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Didn't quite meet my goal in Feb for miles, so March will be something different...maybe something like watts as I am working on endurance to hit the road in April. Regardless - I'm IN!
  • faugsu
    faugsu Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    3-1 15 miles
    3-2 15
  • sajeffe
    sajeffe Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    3/1 - 1.2 miles.
    3/2 - 1.7 miles.

No goal this month again. Miles are outdoors unless otherwise specified.
    MTD = 2.9 miles.
  • blanphere
    blanphere Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    21.12 mi; 62 min spinning; avg watts 79; 289 kj

Yep...gonna work on getting those watts up this month!