Will set my March goal at 200 miles.
  • Pmagnanifit
    Pmagnanifit Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Just ten minutes today
  • Billy323
    Billy323 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    :( soo much snow. I miss biking terribly. I think the chances of getting any miles in March is slim.
  • GenoPrice
    GenoPrice Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    In for March
  • HoaryMarmot
    HoaryMarmot Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I'm a cyclist who is trying to drop weight. So, I will be riding a lot and doing hills. This month will include three hilly time trials in southern Oregon with longish rides on the following day. During the week I will ride the trainer with one night ride outside with the local club. This weekend was a non-race weekend.

3/1 - Distance with hills.
    Distance 62.2 mi
    Moving Time 4:26:23
    Avg Speed 14.0 mi/h
    Avg Watts 176 W
    Elev Gain 2,129 ft

3/2 - Recovery ride in the rain.
    Distance 29.4 mi
    Moving Time 2:08:00
    Avg Speed 13.8 mi/h
    Avg Watts 148 W
    Elev Gain 233 ft
  • Mrscanmore
    Mrscanmore Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    10 min done this morning. 35 minutes total.
  • cpaman87
    cpaman87 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I can't get my bike out until April 16th. I am a weekend rider with a short ride or 2 during the week. I like to sign up for organized rides. I feel safer with a large group. My goal is to beat last summers 1,300 miles. Signing up for a number of centuries this time.
  • jjking54
    jjking54 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I'm in ... goal in Feb was 200 and I made 220.

March goal is 250.
  • Bocch
    Bocch Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    March 2: 11.7 mi spinning
    March 3: 11.7 mi spinning
  • Bocch
    Options
    Seems like the common theme is, the cold-snowy weather. Yes, I like to ride but I try to keep my suffering down to a minimum.
    So I remain spinning indoors and my cabin fever is at an all time high. I do keep a training log of sorts and last year at this time I was able to get some road rides in...like I said that was last year.
  • HoaryMarmot
    HoaryMarmot Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    This afternoon was surprising sunny so I got the dry weather bike out for an easy paced ride.

Distance 24.4 mi
    Moving Time 1:37:49
    Avg Speed 15.0 mi/h
    Avg Watts 124 W
    Elev Gain 436 ft

Month total is now 116.0

Tomorrow should be 60 hard minutes on the trainer.
  • GenoPrice
    GenoPrice Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    03/03 - 20 miles spinning
  • SteveCro
    SteveCro Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Set my goal for March at 250

3/3 - 16 miles, 59 minutes
  • jjking54
    Options
    3/3 - 19 miles

Total - 19 miles
  • OldDogSparky
    Options
    3/1 - 20.4 miles
    3/2 - 6.6 great miles with one of my sons
    3/3 - 24 miles

3/4 - freezing rain!! no riding today

MTD - 51 miles
  • GeekLoss
    GeekLoss Posts: 3
    Options
    I'm new to biking myself to be honest, so i feel seriously inferior to these 30 mile rides :)

1/3 - 2.4 mi
    2/3 - 2.8 mi
    3/3 - 1.8 mi
    4/3 - Who knows! Back in a bit! :P
  • jjking54
    Options
    I'm new to biking myself to be honest, so i feel seriously inferior to these 30 mile rides :)

1/3 - 2.4 mi
    2/3 - 2.8 mi
    3/3 - 1.8 mi
    4/3 - Who knows! Back in a bit! :P

We all started there ... keep it up
  • Bocch
    Options
    At Geek Loss: Don't be intimidated!
    When I started cycling it was on an old rust-bucket steel frame Ross with barely functional pedals. It was given to me as payment for cutting down a tree. I think the guy just was too lazy to bring it to the dumps.
    As life would have it, I started out cycling on the flatest road I could find on that bike. I road only 1 mile wearing sweat pants and a tee shirt. After 3 successfully completed rides of 1 mile length, I would increase it another mile.Then again after 3 days I would increase again and so on.
    Eventually, after 18 months of loyal service the bike died. I bought a new touring road bike. A heck of a lot lighter and easier to pedal.
    I feel sorry for people that buy the best bike in the shop because I feel they have no real appreciation for the new technology that have come along with bikes. I am yammering though...
    So,The best thing is to get out and ride, set a goal of where you want to be or what you want to achieve. If possible set small goals and then set a big one based on your successes. Remember "enjoy the ride".
  • OldDogSparky
    Options
    Yep GeekLoss, the great thing about those doing 30 miles is that they started by doing 2 or 3 miles! I did the same thing. Just ride and keep riding. The fact you have 3 rides in there is awesome.

I love how these threads for full of regular people just trying to "keep riding". Some people are noobs and some are old pros. I see some coming back from injuries. Some inspiring stories that you can feed off of to motivate yourself. Sometimes those 4 or 5 miles rides are the most motivating for me since I see the adversity in which they ride them. If they can keep riding, then so can I!
  • blanphere
    blanphere Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    21.12 mi; 62 min spinning; avg watts 79; 289 kj
    18.50 mi; 60 min spinning; avg watts 82; 277 kj

Yep...gonna work on getting those watts up this month!