What's for supper???

Options

Replies

• avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    I accidentally did a 5K today for the first time ever and I'm feeling pretty awesome about it. I'm having dinner right now and it's a pretty epic recovery bowl: bed of greens, chili-spiced black beans & tomatoes, cottage cheese, grilled chicken, salsa, avocado, and Cholula. Oh, and I had a cornbread muffin on the side but I basically inhaled it right away.
  • Michelle4588
    Michelle4588 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Fried pineapple and coconut French toast
  • kmsoucy457
    kmsoucy457 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Treating myself by going out for sushi *happydancing*
    Will stick to traditional nigiri or chirashi, none of that (super delicious) tempura or spicy mayo until I reach my goals!
  • Syreeta6
    Syreeta6 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Leftovers!!
    =======================
    Roasted chicken w/lemon, rosemary & garlic
    Sauteed kale w/onions & garlic
    1/2 baked sweet potato w/butter

Can't wait! :)
  • kmsoucy457
    kmsoucy457 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    MyM0wM0w wrote: »
    How does everyone have time to prepare and cook such wonderful meals? I leave for work at 6:30 am and don't get home until 5pm. By then im to tired to prepare such awesome dishes. I need recipes for awesome quick meals. Any ideas?

I cook on the weekends for the whole week. I pack my snacks and my meals into containers (I freeze some meals to last the later park of the week) and just grab and go. Try freezing crockpot meals. In the AM you can just dump them into the crockpot and it'll be hot and ready to eat when you get home.

I prep on the weekends, too, but sometimes it's hard to eat the same thing for days. To prevent taste bud boredom, I'll prepare parts of meals to last the whole week. Example: Cook a big batch of grains and protein (let's use quinoa and chicken) and use them as a base in different recipes throughout the week. Examples: quinoa chicken broccoli casserole with cheeeeese on Monday (leftovers for Wednesday), Thai quinoa salad with peanut butter and cashews Tuesday (leftovers for Thursday), and chicken stir fry with those frozen mixed veggies on Friday.
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    I tried a new chili tonight. Other than having a little too much cayenne pepper, it was very good. And I found that Cheddar cheese cooled it down enough to eat. Next time I will do less pepper, but other than that, it is a keeper.

As prepared:

16 oz mild ground turkey sausage
    12 oz ground turkey
    131g {1} onion
    28 oz crushed tomatoes
    10 oz diced tomatoes with green chili's
    2 tbs dried garlic
    3 tbs chili powder
    1 tsp oregano
    1 tsp crushed cayenne pepper {if you like it hot}
    11 oz drained and rinsed kidney beans
    1/2 tsp salt
    1 tsp black pepper
    1 tsp cumin

170 calories and 17g protein per 198g serving

dgsz61skjnn8.jpg
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Made a tuna salad tonight (Trader Joe's no salt albacore, cheddar, celery, celery greens, tomato, spinach, mixed greens, red bell pepper, mushrooms, cucumber, garlic salt, black pepper); celery with hummus; and a couple clementines.

0qnisboer15s.jpg
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    Tonight it's gonna be arroz con gandules with fried yucca and tostones.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Leftovers! I cleaned out the freezer. All warmed up nicely in the slow cooker. Hubby's not going to be happy. There's three types of bean leftovers (soup, hot baked beans, and stew), tomato paste, mushroom water, corn, and roast beef.
    The freezer looks great.
  • _QueenE_
    _QueenE_ Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    We're going to the drive in tonight so unbuttered popcorn.
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
  • larrodarro
    Options
    Tonight I added corn as well as Cheddar to the chili. Also had stir-fry veggies, green beans, grapes and a carrot. It was all pretty good.

fbn70fftv0sz.jpg
    4l5iuq30jqr6.jpg
  • mygnsac
    Options
    Chicken and waldorf salad sandwich on wheat chibata bread; broccoli and fries.

0tvs9bbbssd7.jpg
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Girls Trip, we went out for pizza on our first night. We got two kinds to share, one was 4 meat, one was chicken, artichoke, sun dried tomato and basil. c9lgr5ynmk84.jpg
  • AshleyWatson2015
    Options
    Grilled chicken salad wrap with lettuce, sliced cucumbers and avocado inside in a whole wheat wrap
  • larrodarro
    Options
    Supper tonight was chili stir-fry {topped with Cheddar}, a carrot and toasted Baguette slices. Had a few grapes as I was cleaning up. All very good

5q3fldiixn7n.jpg
  • heather_belle
    heather_belle Posts: 2
    edited April 2015
    Options
    v1h32c6r1lxo.jpg
    Herb pepper swordfish, mushroom risotto (should def have had less) and green beans with tomatoes.
  • mygnsac
    Options
    Brown rice with Applegate turkey and chicken spinach and feta sausage, sautéed spinach, mushrooms, broccoli and green beans, and vodka sauce.

nybuuqcju14u.jpg
  • _QueenE_
    _QueenE_ Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Baked beans, strawberries and a hotdog