What's for supper???

Options

Replies

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    I had pesto grilled salmon with bow tie pasta and a frozen vegetable medley, all mixed together. Also garlic cheese bread. Now wine and something for dessert, either gelato, Oreos, or Girl Scout cookies.
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    this is breakfast, but f the police
    a bacon and cheese omelette, and banana boatmeal w strawberries on top
    QPTIkaX.jpg

i didn't even realize it was smiling at me until after i had plated it.
  • FitFunTina
    FitFunTina Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    bulbadoof wrote: »
    QPTIkaX.jpg

i love the smile!

• larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    Supper tonight was the last of the chicken stir-fry, a ham, turkey, Swiss and Pepper Jack sandwich and a carrot. Grapes and an apple for dessert. All very good.

ydy12q7g6wvd.jpg
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    Spaghetti Aglio e Olio topped with parm cheese and red pepper flakes.

lcihpa4ab99s.jpg
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Jimmy John's Vito with Guac, a half a pickle, and a half a bag of salt and vinegar potato chips. Laters I'll have half my oatmeal raisin cookie (Jimmy John's) and a glass of whole raw milk. NOM!
  • _QueenE_
    _QueenE_ Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I had a cheeseburger and a side salad from the king.
  • _QueenE_
    Options
    bulbadoof wrote: »
    QPTIkaX.jpg

Yum!
  • _QueenE_
    Options
    larrodarro wrote: »
    Supper tonight was the last of the chicken stir-fry, a ham, turkey, Swiss and Pepper Jack sandwich and a carrot. Grapes and an apple for dessert. All very good.

ydy12q7g6wvd.jpg

The stir fry looks great!
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    I got some beautiful stuffed clams at the out-of-town seafood market last night. I'm going to pop those under the broiler, steam some broccoli with lemon and Old Bay, and have a Saturday feast (with, probably, plenty of vodka and seltzer). It's been years since I've had clams -- I can't wait!
  • larrodarro
    Options
    I ate wedding food tonight. Not the usual finger food either. It was pork loin, chicken leg and thigh, green beans, cheesy mashed potatoes and a roll. {I passed on the cakes} It was very good.

2rchzruun5qb.jpg
    005.JPG 953.1K
  • larrodarro
    Options
    _QueenE_ wrote: »

ydy12q7g6wvd.jpg

The stir fry looks great!

Thanks. There wasn't very much of the Sesame chicken stir-fry left, so I added frozen stir-fry veggies to stretch it out.
  • _QueenE_
    Options
    We had leftovers from the past week
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    BELT (bacon, egg, lettuce, tomato on a whole wheat bagel); tomato, cucumber and avocado salad; fresh raspberries.

2hoz8c4ydoc5.jpg
  • larrodarro
    Options
    Tonight's supper was Larro's Pepper Jack Chicken, grilled chicken, steamed broccoli, Crowder peas {with sausage} and creamed corn. The peas and corn were from last summer's garden. This year's is so close that I figured I had better get busy on eating last year's crop. Everything was real good.

Larro's Pepper Jack Chicken {5 servings of 97g each}

129 calories, 1g carbs, 4g fat, 20g protein, 417mg sodium, 0g sugar per serving

254g chicken breast
    166g smoked ham
    57g Pepper Jack cheese
    dash of salt and black pepper

Cut chicken breast in strips, grill, then wrap in cheese and ham slices. Put back on grill for 60-90 seconds.

9wmoxj0125ve.jpg
  • WinoGelato
    Options
    Larro looks good. I'm just curious, why slice the chicken in strips, then wrap? Why not wrap the whole chicken breast?
  • WinoGelato
    Options
    We got a side by side grill this year, for charcoal and gas grilling. We haven't used the charcoal side much so we tried it tonight with a pork tenderloin in a "big game dry rub" and some roasted veggies (potatoes, baby carrots, sliced red pepper). The pork got a little overdone for my taste but the veggies were nice and carmelized.

54hsa6c5ypcr.jpg
    w6oqq1c2gixb.jpg
  • larrodarro
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Kruggeri wrote: »
    Larro looks good. I'm just curious, why slice the chicken in strips, then wrap? Why not wrap the whole chicken breast?

It would work either way. I stole this dish from a local eating place called the Callahan {named after an early steamboat on the Apalachicola River}. They called it Callahan Chicken and it was a whole breast wrapped in ham and cheese and topped with a little guacamole. I've found the ham stays together better with smaller strips of chicken. Loss of the melted cheese occurs unless you have a good ham wrap. Getting the ham slices thick enough to stay together, but not be too thick so there is more ham than chicken is a balancing act.

Here is the John W. Callahan, built in 1907.

rc04730.jpg
  • WinoGelato
    Options
    Kruggeri wrote: »

It would work either way. I stole this dish from a local eating place called the Callahan {named after an early steamboat on the Apalachicola River}. They called it Callahan Chicken and it was a whole breast wrapped in ham and cheese and topped with a little guacamole. I've found the ham stays together better with smaller strips of chicken. Loss of the melted cheese occurs unless you have a good ham wrap. Getting the ham slices thick enough to stay together, but not be too thick so there is more ham than chicken is a balancing act.

One of my favorite things to make is a proscuitto wrapped fontina chicken, which is basically the same idea just different cheese and cured meat! What I have started doing is pan searing the chicken (and I do chicken cutlets) on the stove top, then lay a slice of fontina cheese over the chicken and wrap the whole thing in a piece of proscuitto, then put it back in the pan and stick it in the oven for a few minutes. Since it is contained in the pan, if the cheese does leak out, it just becomes part of the pan sauce (I usually add a little chicken broth to help deglaze things before I stick it in the oven). It is REALLY tasty.

• mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    Chicken Tortilla Soup tonight!