What's for supper???

Options

Replies

• NicoleL874
    NicoleL874 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Ok...gonna try. It was 2 recipes mushed together.

Creamy avocado "zoodles":
    Ingredients:
    2 zucchinis
    1/2 avocado
    1 clove garlic
    1 lime (juice and zest)
    1/2 cup cilantro
    1 tbs walnuts
    1tsp oil
    Water, start with 1/4c, more for thinner consistency

Use a mandolin, spiralizer, or julienne "peeler" to shred both zucchinis into strips.

Mix the rest of the ingredients in a blender/food processor. And water to get consistency of a creamy but not too thick sauce. Mix zoodles and sauce, chill.

Shrimp:
    1lb peeled shrimp
    Cayenne
    Onion powder
    Cumin
    Coriander
    Black pepper
    Whatever seasonings you have, want to use...I don't measure...
    Lime juice and zest of 1 lime
    1tsp olive oil
    Mix all together and marinate for at least 30 min, no more than 90 min

1tbs olive oil
    5 cloves of minced garlic

Heat 1 tbs oil in a large pan (if you don't have a pan big enough, do two batches. Don't crowd your shrimp!)
    When the oil is glistening dump in shrimp and garlic (or half, depending on your pan). Cook for about two minutes and flip. Make sure they are pink, but don't overcook.

Serve shrimp on zoodles.

Serves 2
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    Roast turkey on marble rye bread with romaine, onion, cucumber, tomato, swiss cheese, mayo and mustard; fresh corn salad; and tried some truffle fries Lays potato chips (blech!).

0jacycl6epf9.jpg
  • allaboutthefood
    allaboutthefood Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    g6lq70h07fvp.jpg

Tonight's dinner was Quinoa with spinach, mushrooms and onion, grilled pork loin chops, fresh raw veggies and some avocado
  • isyvanek
    isyvanek Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    MyM0wM0w wrote: »
    Hungarian Lesco with eggs, served with buttered French bread. Brings back memories of childhood summers. :)
    23162ywu75b4.jpg

That looks absolutely delicious! I'd love to have the recipe!

• larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    Margie and I went up to our {formerly} Tampa cousin's new house for supper tonight. Grouper, cheese grits, slaw, corn on the cob and hushpuppies. Good food and good company. {This 4 foot grouper was swimming in the Gulf yesterday morning. Their son killed him with a spear gun}

khenda5h3ydu.jpg
  • JaimeLaRae
    JaimeLaRae Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    http://www.mamamiss.com/2013/03/27/eats-chicken-avocado-soup/ Chicken Avocado Soup... this has become one of my go-to recipes. Sooo delicious!
  • isyvanek
    isyvanek Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Larro, I am SO jealous! We don't get grouper in my neck of the woods! :)
  • lore11a
    lore11a Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Bump for later
  • mpost12590
    mpost12590 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    82vdjhsyp87u.jpg

It's a Big Mac casserole with a salad
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Everything looks great! I defrosted my refrigerator and freezer today and just realized I ran out without putting all the frozen food back. :s Looks like I'll be doing a lot of pre-cooking this evening. :'(
  • larrodarro
    Options
    isyvanek wrote: »
    Larro, I am SO jealous! We don't get grouper in my neck of the woods! :)

My cousin goes out in the Gulf a couple of times a week. Right now they are using scuba tanks and killing fish with spear guns.
  • larrodarro
    Options
    No picture tonight, but it was chipped up Boston Butt with Sweet Baby Ray's on a roll, Jalapeno poppers, Armenian cucumber and watermelon. That was the first of the late melons. Not very big, but it's September, and I'm eating melon. I also picked about a dozen ears of corn, but forgot to cook any of it.
  • kiittenforever
    kiittenforever Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Canned tuna with light mayo in a tortilla wrap with spinach and Ceasar salad dressing.

Broccoli with soy sauce
  • NicoleL874
    NicoleL874 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    mpost12590 wrote: »

It's a Big Mac casserole with a salad

Hey! Can I get that recipe? :) Thanks!
  • larrodarro
    Options
    I took my usual spinach fruit salad for a left turn. It was spinach, {three kinds of} grapes, strawberries, blueberries, Mandarin orange, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, carrots, Armenian cucumbers, onion, mini sweet peppers and Feta cheese with fat free raspberry vinaigrette dressing.

k2n6drg8w46g.jpg

Then had chopped Boston Butt with Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ Sauce on a toasted roll, Armenian cucumber, another salad {spinach, Armenian cucumber, onion, mini sweet peppers, sunflower seeds and Feta with Toasted Sesame Seed dressing}, and some of my late corn out of the garden. Not too bad.

uulu3amxix7q.jpg
  • mygnsac
    edited September 2015
    Options
    This is my I'm sick (awful summer cold) and want soup dinner. Chicken noodle veggie, turkey (roasted turkey and a turkey hot dog) soup; some mini broccoli and brown rice quiches; and a couple clementines.

iwv531zeiw35.jpg
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    @mygnsac I hope you feel better!
  • mygnsac
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    @mygnsac I hope you feel better!

Thanks. This one is a doozy!

• larrodarro
    Options
    We all went to the Chinese Buffet to celebrate Sister's 60th birthday. I used the veggie first strategy, {it helped, but didn't completely keep me from eating myself into a belly ache}, then had a seafood plate. Three kinds of shrimp, frog legs and a muscle. Later I also had a small piece of salmon with my 2nd veggie plate. {it wasn't out when I was doing my seafood plate} Everything was too good.

ca0afbrfxic5.jpg
    ham001ueposy.jpg
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,680 Member
    Options
    Flanken short ribs, rice and vegetables.

IMG_3122.jpg

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png