What's for supper???

Options

Replies

• northbanu
    northbanu Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    My daughter took me out to dinner at a local Mexican place for my birthday (technically tomorrow).
    I had a plate of plate of cheese enchiladas covered in shredded pork, a side of rice, and a glob of guacamole on a mound of shredded lettuce.
    Obviously I blew thru my calorie goal, but it didn't keep me from a double Jameson on the rocks. :-).

I just tell myself that I stayed within my maintenance calories range and call it a "neutral" day. Nothing gained, nothing lost.

:-)
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    I had 3/4 of my mom's hospital supper. {She had a light stroke yesterday, and I've been at Bay Medical all day. They filled her up with blood thinners and she is doing much better} It was roasted chicken breast, mac and cheese, green Lima beans and a mixed fruit cup. Not too great, but the cucumbers and granola bars I had brought had already run out by then. When I got home I had a leg and thigh off the rotisserie chicken my wife had picked up. Much better.

Hospital food. Ugh. I hope your mom is feeling better.
  • mygnsac
    Options
    Fried egg sandwich on toasted Alvarado Street no-salt sprouted grain bread with mustard, sliced mini portabello mushroom, onion, tomato and provolone cheese. Side of sliced cucumber and watermelon.

imagejpg1_zps8f122d4a.jpg

This looks good. Love egg sandwiches, never tried them with provolone. That's my kind of bread.

I go back and forth between the Alvarado Street breads and the Ezekiel breads. The texture seems more satisfying to me now than the softer breads, and I prefer the sprouted grain breads. Mustard is something I never had on fried egg sandwiches. I was mayo only. But my dad had me try it recently, and I really like it.
  • Swiftlet66
    Swiftlet66 Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    One boiled egg (mashed), 1/4th of an avocado (mashed), 1 small spoonful of thick plain yogurt, 1/4 tsp of curry powder, salt/pepper; mix it all up and wrap in a warm tortilla! It was yummmyyyyy. I had that with cherry tomatoes and sugar snap peas. Then I was ravenous for something warm/sweet so I had leftover chai pumpkin bread and warm coconut-almond milk, sweetened with condensed milk. mmm :)
  • aedreana
    aedreana Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Pringles & Diet Pepsi
  • victoire713
    victoire713 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I had supper at 1.30am today and all I had was a string cheese stick and a snack mix(one that has the breads and the pretzels), along with some water.
  • mandi_spicer
    mandi_spicer Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I work a 13 hr shift today (two jobs). I'm going to steam some veggies and make a quick sandwich between jobs.

Cranberry Walnut Chickpea Salad (from The Simple Veganista website) with kale and goat cheese on Ezekiel bread. Steamed brussels sprouts.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Last night we had Trader Joe's Chili Lime Chicken Burgers with chips and salsa. I had a Summer Ale and we finished off some gelato from the freezer for dessert. The burgers were really good, I wish I had some avocado or guacamole for them too.
  • Mexicanbigfoot
    Mexicanbigfoot Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Tonight it's a green salad with carrots, onion, cucumber, tomatoes, a sprinkle of cheese, sliced almonds, bacon, and turkey pepperoni.

:drinker:
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    Ham & white bean soup,Trail balogna & muenster cheese slices on crackers & cucumber slices. Home grown cukes & tomatoes.
  • mygnsac
    Options
    Last night we had Trader Joe's Chili Lime Chicken Burgers with chips and salsa. I had a Summer Ale and we finished off some gelato from the freezer for dessert. The burgers were really good, I wish I had some avocado or guacamole for them too.

A friend of mine told me about those burgers and I keep meaning to pick some up. Going to get some on my next trip to TJ's.
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    Pork tacos with home made taco seasoning on whole wheat tortillas with a pile of crunchy raw veggies (carrots, celery, broccoli)
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options

A friend of mine told me about those burgers and I keep meaning to pick some up. Going to get some on my next trip to TJ's.

I was pleasantly surprised. They were 150 cals and had good flavor! I would definitely add some guacamole next time - one of those snack packs of Wholly Guacamole would be just about perfect.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Tonight is Tomato & Beef Casserole on a polenta crust - can't wait to eat

von0nd.png
  • rowlandsw
    rowlandsw Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Salmon and not sure what else at the moment.
  • mtruitt01
    mtruitt01 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Tonight is Tomato & Beef Casserole on a polenta crust - can't wait to eat

von0nd.png

Looks delicious!
  • mtruitt01
    mtruitt01 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Fried egg sandwich on toasted Alvarado Street no-salt sprouted grain bread with mustard, sliced mini portabello mushroom, onion, tomato and provolone cheese. Side of sliced cucumber and watermelon.

imagejpg1_zps8f122d4a.jpg

This looks good. Love egg sandwiches, never tried them with provolone. That's my kind of bread.

I go back and forth between the Alvarado Street breads and the Ezekiel breads. The texture seems more satisfying to me now than the softer breads, and I prefer the sprouted grain breads. Mustard is something I never had on fried egg sandwiches. I was mayo only. But my dad had me try it recently, and I really like it.

We have a deli/bakery in town and I buy their ww seed bread when I get a chance. It's crunchy, chewy, soft, substantial, smells deep and wholesome and is just plain good. otherwise it's TJoes sprouted grain bread, which I like lightly toasted.
    I do love egg sandwiches for breakfast...
  • aedreana
    aedreana Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Pringles, bean dip, banana, diet coke, diet pepsi.
  • Pamela_in_Progress
    Pamela_in_Progress Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Homemade burger made with lean ground beef, potato wedges tossed with EVOO, herbs & spices then baked in the oven and half an ear of corn on the cob. Yum, yum!
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    Chicken breast sandwich with Baby Swiss and Pepper Jack, cucumber, carrot, stir-fry with extra corn, a rotisserie chicken leg and thigh. Very good.

10574235_785385268173265_1061362385375493014_n.jpg