northbanu Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Spaghetti and meat sauce
    4 oz Jack Danies / Raspberry Vodka
    2 Chips Ahoy Cookies
  • northbanu
    Options
    Every day? Doesn't seeing all this variety of food that people post on this thread make you want something besides Pringles and bean dip every day?

Sounds like she knows what she likes. Maybe dinner is a whats available quick. Maybe lunch and breakfast are more important. Maybe she hates cooking. Maybe she REALLY enjoys bean dip. Maybe she is perfectly happy with her dinner. Maybe the hassle of cooking a main and 2 or 3 sides just isn't worth it. So many possibilities.
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    left over roasted beets & steamed broccoli with a drizzle of balsamic vinegar PLUS a very large cracker.
  • victoire713
    victoire713 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking of having a Totinos pizza and microwaving it for 4 minutes. Probably a pepperoni one. I have the shakes real bad and my headache ain't going away either, so I better get a move on. Supper is a little early.
  • victoire713
    Options
    Okay just ate a Totinos Pepperoni PIzza(a whole one), and now I am fixing to have a whole can of Progresso Creamy Alfredo w/ Penne & Chicken
  • stupidloser
    stupidloser Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I don't know how u guys find time to cook, but between my 8hrs at work, 9 hrs of sleep, 1.5 hrs at gym, 2 hrs commuting, 1 hour meal planning and logging, .5hr showering/grooming and 2 hrs of videogame time , i don't have time to cook.
  • lj83113
    lj83113 Posts: 5
    Options
    how do you make that cauliflower crust???
  • Deanner03
    Deanner03 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I made zucchini parmesan last night. Tonight we will have chicken fajitas.
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    Two double-meat burgers with ketchup, pickles, and BBQ sauce (1,200 calories)
    1 14 oz can of green lima beans (350 calories)
    1 Snickers bar (250 calories)
    Options
    Every day? Doesn't seeing all this variety of food that people post on this thread make you want something besides Pringles and bean dip every day?

Sounds like she knows what she likes. Maybe dinner is a whats available quick. Maybe lunch and breakfast are more important. Maybe she hates cooking. Maybe she REALLY enjoys bean dip. Maybe she is perfectly happy with her dinner. Maybe the hassle of cooking a main and 2 or 3 sides just isn't worth it. So many possibilities.

Look at her diary. She doesn't eat breakfast or lunch. If it's accurate, her total consumption every day is about 700 calories worth of Pringles and bean dip with several diet sodas thrown in. I am sure you are right, there's probably a reason, I'm just curious why go onto a thread which is meant to share ideas and promote eating a variety of delicious foods and post Pringles and bean dip every day.
  • christinadixon92
    christinadixon92 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Grilled chicken with long grain wild rice and corn
  • christinadixon92
    christinadixon92 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    slow cooker carnitas are fast and easy, leftovers make great pulled pork sammies
  • Dead_Darling
    Dead_Darling Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    A Mauritian dish called Ladohb :) this evening I'll be making it with beef, and my usual blend of coriander, tinned tomato, ginger and garlic paste, a bit of seasoning, salt, black pepper and a dash of oil.

Very quick to make, and with boiled basmati rice, this dish is gonna last me throughout the week!
  • victoire713
    Options
    It's too early to know what's for supper, but my idea is a pork dish with a tomato-type sauce w/ a side of mashed taters(from a box), and some sort of veggie. Right now that's the plan, but it can always change.
  • Cardio4Cupcakes
    Cardio4Cupcakes Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    homemade cajun chicken pasta- simple alfredo sauce with browned chicken, sauteed peppers and lots of red pepper flakes!
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    I don't know how u guys find time to cook, but between my 8hrs at work, 9 hrs of sleep, 1.5 hrs at gym, 2 hrs commuting, 1 hour meal planning and logging, .5hr showering/grooming and 2 hrs of videogame time , i don't have time to cook.

I'm a 30 minute (usually less than that) kind of cooker/meal preparer. If it takes more than that I'm not doing it during the work week! Just cooking for myself though, so it's probably easier than having to cook for a family. I do a little weekly cooking on the weekend though and that helps outs during the busier work week. 9 hrs of sleep is impressive! I wished I could sleep like that!
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options

I struggle with it too, especially during the school year, but I couldn't live without my crock pot, and I also prep some meals and components ahead of time.

An hour of meal planning and logging? If you aren't cooking, what are you planning? I find logging to be less than 10 minutes/day.
  • ThinLizzie0802
    ThinLizzie0802 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Last night was yellow curry with red potatoes, yellow onion, and chicken
    Tonight is roasted red potatoes, okra, eggplant, onion, and zucchini with smoked paprika grilled chicken breasts
  • victoire713
    Options

I know what u mean. It takes me a long time to get all my stuff done then log here and then I procrastinate and then it's uber late when I cook. Craziness.
  • northbanu
    Options

Look at her diary. She doesn't eat breakfast or lunch. If it's accurate, her total consumption every day is about 700 calories worth of Pringles and bean dip with several diet sodas thrown in. I am sure you are right, there's probably a reason, I'm just curious why go onto a thread which is meant to share ideas and promote eating a variety of delicious foods and post Pringles and bean dip every day

Yeah, I get where you're coming from. But something about it just makes me smile. It strikes me as a bit of GOOD NATURED nose thumbing. The posts, not the diet.

And, I think, it helps show both ends of the "whats for dinner" spectrum.
    Please forgive me if my earlier response seemed cranky and bishy. I reread it, and I thnk I must have been hangry (hungy and angry) :-).

And now to post my less then ideal quicky meal....