What's for supper???

Options

Replies

• mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    smoked turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, cranberry sauce, green bean casserole, a gazillion snacks...and bourbon

obq1efxby5gw.jpg

I want some!

• larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    We cooked ham steaks for breakfast and lunch, then used some of the leftovers to make a quiche. The first round was the Italian Christmas soup, fruit salad, green beans and the afore mentioned quiche.

ujpbxxo1og6a.jpg

Also had baked beans and ham. Everything was as good, or even better, than it was the first time.

lzs9vjnr122i.jpg

• ErinK09
    ErinK09 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Ham and green beans
  • mygnsac
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Dinner tonight was a cup of my pinto beans, egg sandwich on an english muffin with mixed sprouts and mayo, macaroni salad, and raspberries.

2z8bofj4s2em.jpg

For dessert, I had one of these pumpkin muffins.

fjwdnc8jebhe.jpg
  • ErinK09
    Options
    Domino's thin crust pizza with veggie toppings. :#
  • larrodarro
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Today was the start of the annual after Christmas northern migration of the Tampa cousins. About a dozen of us gathered at my sister's for supper. We had turkey yeast roll sandwiches, ham and Swiss Hawaiian roll sandwiches, pickled okra, carrots, pineapple casserole, smoked salmon dip, spinach dip and crackers.

16btr1rm1ib6.jpg

Then some of the same sweets I've had for the last few days.

0xe07f3w5qpt.jpg

• mygnsac
    Options
    Big ol' salad night. I made a salad of mixed greens, mixed sprouts, roasted beets, green onion, cherry tomatoes, red grapes, red bell pepper, raisins, pecorino cheese, turkey, mini portobello mushrooms, garlic salt and black pepper; a couple scrambled egg muffins; a mini almond flour pumpkin muffin.

b0m5m55a3qao.jpg
  • larrodarro
    Options
    The last bowl of the Italian Christmas soup.

owyie39smygm.jpg

A slice of quiche, ham and a satsuma. Also had a little of the pineapple casserole and one of the chocolate drop cookies for dessert.

tovlzasztzlt.jpg

• mygnsac
    edited December 2014
    Options
    They had some sausage jambalaya and some steakhouse chili in the deli at the supermarket tonight. The jambalaya was really good, but a bit spicy for me, so I mixed it with the chili and YUM! Had a bowl of that (I'm calling it Jambachilli) with sides of red bell pepper, cucumber and red grapes.

d3r2h954rebs.jpg

Later, had a piece of chocolate cake.

hhasgzqa3w37.jpg

• victoire713
    victoire713 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I didn't have anything for supper yesterday evening. I went to bed to take a nap and I didn't get up until 10.30 this morning.

I have no idea what's for supper this evening. Most likely leftovers(breakfast items).
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    rice, refried beans, side dish of corn. Im feeling laaaaazzzyy.
  • larrodarro
    Options
    I made 13 bean soup with couscous, ham, tomato, onion and green chilies. Had some of it for supper, along with {a kind of, sort of, but not really} quiche, turnips, mixed veggies and toast.

fsuv6wt4uqxq.jpg

I mixed some of the veggies with the soup on the 2nd bowl.

8vm8wbsow0rn.jpg

Margie's friend Cookie sent some of her white chocolate peanut butter fudge. {just when I was about done with all the sweets around here}

73kk0cgagk4r.jpg

• ErinK09
    Options
    I had queso, tortilla chips, lettuce and diced tomatoes. Just scooped it all up
  • Hungry_Annie
    Hungry_Annie Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Nieces birthday party so 2 slices of pizza and a couple breadsticks it was
  • mygnsac
    Options
    BBQ beef w/veggies Cafe Steamer, cucumber, grapes and a turkey sandwich. A mess on a plate!

3p6a4v7llnj4.jpg
  • ElizabethMaryam
    ElizabethMaryam Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    larrodarro wrote: »
    I made 13 bean soup with couscous, ham, tomato, onion and green chilies. Had some of it for supper, along with {a kind of, sort of, but not really} quiche, turnips, mixed veggies and toast.

fsuv6wt4uqxq.jpg

8vm8wbsow0rn.jpg

Margie's friend Cookie sent some of her white chocolate peanut butter fudge. {just when I was about done with all the sweets around here}

73kk0cgagk4r.jpg

Would you mind sharing your recipe for 13 bean soup please? I can't add the ham but it looks yummy and would be great for getting my protein. Thanks
  • larrodarro
    Options
    larrodarro wrote: »

fsuv6wt4uqxq.jpg

8vm8wbsow0rn.jpg

73kk0cgagk4r.jpg

Would you mind sharing your recipe for 13 bean soup please? I can't add the ham but it looks yummy and would be great for getting my protein. Thanks

I use the Bob's Red Mill mix. It was 1 cup of that, 1/2 cup BRM Pearl Couscous, 28 oz crushed tomatoes, 10 oz diced tomatoes with green chili's, 1/2 onion, 1/3 Tbs of salt, basil and garlic powder. If I was cooking just for me, I would add carrots and other veggies right into the soup. But my wife doesn't care for them as much as me, so I add them by the bowl.

There is some really good BRM soup mixes. The last time I did the Black Bean plus the 13 and it turned out good. I found out the hard way to use half as much couscous as beans though. A third might even be the right mixture. That stuff will grow and grow.
  • auntchellebelle
    auntchellebelle Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    mrsgoochy wrote: »

Yum! I printed that out.

Tonight is roasted chicken breast and Brussels sprouts.
  • luvs2teachincali
    luvs2teachincali Posts: 207 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Every Sunday I pull out my crock pot and throw in 2 chicken breasts with 2 cups of water ( because Chicken Stock is a complete waste of calories) and then an assortment of the following:
    -corn
    -peppers-
    -beans ( either black or kidney or both)
    -salsa
    - celery
    -mushrooms
    - lots of Cilantro.....so yummy
    - baby carrots cut up
    - spinnach

I have a cup a night along with a yummy spinach salad.....taah daaaah
    [/quote]

Mmm, sounds so good... minus black beans and mushrooms for me. :smiley:
  • luvs2teachincali
    luvs2teachincali Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Italian pasta skillet

multigrain pasta, can of italian tomatoes, turkey sausage (browned), small can of tomato saucd and 6 oz of spinach and any other veggies ypu might want (I used zucchini, peppers, carrots, celery, and onion) it was so good! And quick I served a side saladand it was perfect.

Ok, I'm not even hungry. This sounds deslish! :wink: