What's for supper???

Options

Replies

• luvs2teachincali
    luvs2teachincali Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    larrodarro wrote: »
    key lime pie recipe please. looks pretty good.

Larro's low sugar Key lime pie:

8 oz Lite Cool Whip
    12 oz Key lime pie flavor lite Yoplait yogurt
    1.3 oz Lime flavor Sugar free Jello
    1/4 cup water

Bring the water to a boil, pour into a mixing bowl and dissolve jello, stirring briskly. Add cool whip and yogurt, wisk it all together. Pour into 8X8 baking dish and put in the freezer.

You can make as many different kinds as there are jello and yogurt flavors. Right now we are making a lot of the Margarita flavor while Yoplait has it for sale.

Hope you enjoy it, Larro

Mmmmmmm!!!!!!! I have to try this!!! :smiley:
  • luvs2teachincali
    Options
    pope66682 wrote: »
    Might try this new pizza crust recipe I heard of. Greek yogurt and self rising flour recipe. Curious

Let us know how it turns out.

Larro

Turned out pretty damn good. Here is the recipe:
    1 cup flour, 1 cup yogurt, 1/4 cup each cheese, 1/2 cup sauce. Might need slightly more flour to keep from sticking.
    Greek+Yogurt+Za.jpg

Just some nutrition facts to compare:
    Picture vs. Pizza Hut
    Whole pizza 720 calories vs. 3 slices cheese 720 calories
    Fat = 12g vs. 30g
    Sodium = 2053mg vs. 1620mg
    Potassium = 465mg vs. 0mg
    Carbs = 103mg vs. 78mg
    Protein = 53mg vs. 30mg

Interesting pizza dough recipe. May have to try it out on the fambam. Thanks for sharing. :wink:
  • floridamatty
    floridamatty Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    pope66682 wrote: »
    Might try this new pizza crust recipe I heard of. Greek yogurt and self rising flour recipe. Curious

Let us know how it turns out.

Larro

Turned out pretty damn good. Here is the recipe:
    1 cup flour, 1 cup yogurt, 1/4 cup each cheese, 1/2 cup sauce. Might need slightly more flour to keep from sticking.
    Greek+Yogurt+Za.jpg

Just some nutrition facts to compare:
    Picture vs. Pizza Hut
    Whole pizza 720 calories vs. 3 slices cheese 720 calories
    Fat = 12g vs. 30g
    Sodium = 2053mg vs. 1620mg
    Potassium = 465mg vs. 0mg
    Carbs = 103mg vs. 78mg
    Protein = 53mg vs. 30mg

Interesting pizza dough recipe. May have to try it out on the fambam. Thanks for sharing. :wink:

Thats a lot of sodium for one meal, id get rid of the Prego and make your own sauce, couple cans of crushed tomatoes and add your own herbs and spices
  • luvs2teachincali
    Options
    mJ0CPv6.png

Cheesy artichoke and sundried tomato chicken bake

Aurora - Marinated Artichoke Hearts, 3 pieces
    Italissima - Sundried Tomatoes In Oil, 2 pieces
    Chicken Breast
    Europe's Best - Chef's Spinach Cut Leaf Frozen Nuggets, 49 grams
    Saputo - Parmesan Petals, 30 g

Calories 258 Net carbs 3 Fat 14 Protein 28

It looks great.

{The img needs to be small case.}

Larro

Wow. This looks SO AMAZING I actually had to copy and paste the recipe into a blank word doc so I can print it out and try it. Can't wait! YUM!
  • kristishrider
    Options
    No pic sorry I was too hungry! I came home from the gym soooo hungry. I made a little pocket. Red and yellow bell peppers, onion, garlic, black beans, a twig of fresh rosemary, chicken breastfeeding brushed with olive oil and seasoned with a little salt pepper and cumin. Baked/steamed it. Wrapped it in a tortilla with a cup of spinach and a dolop of salsa!
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    I had another bowl of the 13 bean soup with lots of veggies.

vjkf6sikczj3.jpg

And some more of the turnips, ham, quiche and a toasted yeast roll. I still have calories to spare, so there will be some sort of dessert later.

by42s92rmxo7.jpg
  • Hungry_Annie
    Hungry_Annie Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I always forget pictures. We had breakfast for supper. Scrambled eggs, 1 hashbrown patty, 2 breakfast sausages., and Country harvest protein bread toasted with peanut butter. And milk.
  • ErinK09
    ErinK09 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Chili cheese fries
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    Tonight was beef teriyaki with rice & veggies, cucumber and strawberries.

hbpcjjopwki5.jpg
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    new soup recipe in the crock, a fiesta veggie blend with beans, cumin, diced tomatoes... smells good. I will have that with a bit of rice stirred in.
  • larrodarro
    Options
    I baked a roast off of my Christmas ham for supper tonight. Also had the leftover quiche and turnips.

6i2uyet7x2ta.jpg

13 bean soup with an assortment of veggies.

gzg3xcok3p09.jpg

We made one of our spinach fruit salads. I ran the numbers on this one, and it is 56 calories per 100g serving. This one was 170g spinach, 200g grape, 233g strawberry, 150g blueberry, 250g Mandarin orange and 35g pecan.

ur6v4yq82sw7.jpg

Tossed with a little Feta cheese on top.

or60eh71iyv9.jpg

• ElizabethMaryam
    ElizabethMaryam Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I made 13 bean soup with couscous, ham, tomato, onion and green chilies. Had some of it for supper, along with {a kind of, sort of, but not really} quiche, turnips, mixed veggies and toast.

fsuv6wt4uqxq.jpg

I mixed some of the veggies with the soup on the 2nd bowl.

8vm8wbsow0rn.jpg

Margie's friend Cookie sent some of her white chocolate peanut butter fudge. {just when I was about done with all the sweets around here}

73kk0cgagk4r.jpg

Would you mind sharing your recipe for 13 bean soup please? I can't add the ham but it looks yummy and would be great for getting my protein. Thanks

I use the Bob's Red Mill mix. It was 1 cup of that, 1/2 cup BRM Pearl Couscous, 28 oz crushed tomatoes, 10 oz diced tomatoes with green chili's, 1/2 onion, 1/3 Tbs of salt, basil and garlic powder. If I was cooking just for me, I would add carrots and other veggies right into the soup. But my wife doesn't care for them as much as me, so I add them by the bowl.

There is some really good BRM soup mixes. The last time I did the Black Bean plus the 13 and it turned out good. I found out the hard way to use half as much couscous as beans though. A third might even be the right mixture. That stuff will grow and grow.

Thank you :)
  • ElizabethMaryam
    Options
    mygnsac wrote: »

hbpcjjopwki5.jpg

If you have the recipe for the beef teriyaki, would you mind sharing it please :). Thanks :)
  • mygnsac
    Options

hbpcjjopwki5.jpg

If you have the recipe for the beef teriyaki, would you mind sharing it please :). Thanks :)

It's just a Heatly Choice Cafe Steamer. I did add some mushrooms too it. LOL

• ElizabethMaryam
    Options

hbpcjjopwki5.jpg

It's just a Heatly Choice Cafe Steamer. I did add some mushrooms too it. LOL

• Roxy_Arcane
    Roxy_Arcane Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Last night I ate a chicken sandwich from Jack in a box..
  • mygnsac
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Sandwich on a toasted cinnamon raisin bagel with turkey, swiss cheese, mixed sprouts, mixed greens, tomato, mini portobello mushroom and mayo. Cottage cheese w/pineapple and a couple clementines.

yr8luhasnw2a.jpg
  • larrodarro
    Options
    Supper was spinach fruit salad, turnips, ham and chicken salad on a toasted yeast roll.

hi3dcbscbphw.jpg

Plus quiche, grapes, and ham and cheese on a toasted yeast roll. It was all very tasty. Now I have a good book, the couch and some lopsided football games to look forward to. Happy New Year everyone.

y9le06kxzax7.jpg

• MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    A liverwurst sandwich. Dutch 'crunch' bread, lots of onion, lots of mayo. With some salt and vinegar potato chips.

Was AMAZINGLY delicious. I forgot how much I love liverwurst.
  • mygnsac
    Options
    Dinner tonight was an omelette with mushrooms, green onion, spinach, chicken sausage, and cheddar cheese, and some cherry tomatoes.

2338min3hh8y.jpg