What's for supper???

Options

Replies

• ErinK09
    ErinK09 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I made chili.
    Turkey, seasoning, tomatoes, green pepper, onion, mushrooms, beans. Topped it off with a little bit of cheese and dipped a couple of ritz crackers in it.
  • NewMeSM75
    NewMeSM75 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    I had zucchini pasta with grilled mushrooms, tomato sauce and fresh parm cheese.

Mine was very similar. I had zucchini pasta with marinara and italian blend cheeses. =)
  • FatOldBat
    FatOldBat Posts: 3,307 Member
    Options
    Black bean burger on a whole wheat brioche bun!
  • CraigShift
    CraigShift Posts: 69 Member
    Options
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    I started off with a bowl of gumbo. {I've learned my lesson about making a double batch. Even though I put some in the freezer, I'm about gumbo'ed out}

rgk21fl9or7e.jpg

Also had unstuffed peppers, green beans and a ham, sausage and chicken breast sandwich with four cheese Mexican. It was all pretty good. There may be a thin slice of Angel food cake left for later. If there is, we have fresh strawberries and whipped cream.

t4ulv0knegd5.jpg
  • victoire713
    victoire713 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was another form of turkeyburger helper.

This evening? Not completely sure. Was going to be tacos from Taco Smell(the taco special, 4 tacos for the price of a large drink). That got screwed up by ur's truly(according to my mom). So now have to go back three spaces and go a different route.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    lh421md5gbv2.jpg

5oz steak marinated in low sodium soy sauce, oyster sauce, sliced garlic, pepper, garlic powder, 2 tsp of sugar, crushed red pepper, and a little ketchup. I also added a squirt of Sriracha as well.

Served the potatoes with a little skim milk, half a tablespoon of butter, one tablespoon of chive cream cheese, and salt, pepper, and garlic powder.

Broccoli was boiled in water seasoned with garlic powder.

I am sooo stuffed.
  • neveragain84
    neveragain84 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    mygnsac wrote: »
    Tuna salad sandwich (Trader Joe's no-salt albacore, mixed sprouts, mixed greens, green onion, brocolli, yellow bell pepper, mushrooms, celery, sriracha, garlic salt, black pepper, tzatziki); cucumber, steamed brussel sprouts, and strawberries.

zwzzm5n911rr.jpg

Tuna sounds so good right now. I'll need to go buy some tomorrow. Om nom nom!

• ErinK09
    Options
    I had a little bit of chili with tortilla chips, cheese, tomato and lettuce.
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    Leftover night. Heated up some of the white bean soup I made earlier in the week and added yellow squash, turkey, raisins, mushrooms, brussel sprouts and sriracha; used the last of the tuna salad I made yesterday and added a cup of mixed sprouts.

6hv6p9nodtsb.jpg
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    Fighting either a stomach bug or some food poisoning. Didn't have any yogurt or bananas in the house so I had to think up some gentle dinner. I went with carrots and pasta boiled in low sodium chicken broth. Not very flavorful but dinner nonetheless.

16033785919_84fb2a77cc_z.jpg
  • poohpoohpeapod
    poohpoohpeapod Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    bump
  • trish2016
    trish2016 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Low calorie tortilla chicken pizza with peppers and some over chips
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    I'm going to make a big stir-fry with ground turkey, a million veggies, a little fish sauce, tarragon vinegar, and every spice known to man (conservative estimate). I might have it over quinoa, depending on how the rest of my day goes, but more likely I'll have some booze for those calories instead. Ah, realism, I feel so mature.
  • larrodarro
    Options
    I had laid chili and black eyed pea soup out of the freezer to defrost, but I got called into work and ribs was the Wednesday special at Harvey's Deli, so we had ribs and put the other back in the fridge. {It will be cold tomorrow anyway, so should be more appropriate then} There was also some rice left over from the unstuffed peppers and Margie added some peppers and a bag of stir-fry veggies to some of it. It turned out real good.

udauw6tb877s.jpg

Then later we had ice cream. Mine was Butter Pecan and I ate it with some of my Greek Blueberry Cheesecake pudding, Lite Cool Whip topping and a few grapes.

anh21l5wjqh9.jpg
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    Baked potato with chili, bacon, chicken, green onions, red onions, mushrooms, brussel sprouts, olives, cheddar cheese, and sour cream. I made it through half.

0hnk8o5x9xax.jpg
  • SquiffyQ72
    Options
    larrodarro wrote: »
    Turkey cheeseburger wrap reruns. With a salad, stir fry veggies, steamed broccoli, and sweet potato slices. Tried a new cookie recipe today. Banana Oat Breakfast Cookies.

026_zpscbe37046.jpg

Here is the recipe:

2 ripe bananas, mash bananas with fork until creamy
    1 1/2 cup of oatmeal
    1 cup unsweetened apple sauce
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    1 teaspoon cinnamon
    1/3 cup craisins
    1/4 cup toasted sliced almonds

Preheat oven to 350F.
    Mix vanilla extract & cinnamon into applesauce.
    Blend applesauce mix with all other ingredients. Let sit for 10 minutes.
    Drop cookie dough, by spoonfuls, onto a parchment paper lined cookie sheet. Flatten cookies into rounds.
    Bake 20-30 minutes, or until golden brown.
    Remove from oven and let sit 5 minutes. Move to a cooling rack.
    Store in a covered container when completely cool.
    Enjoy.

Mango can be used instead of banana, and walnuts instead of sliced almonds.

Hi Larrodarro! So for your new cookie, did you like it? Was it moist, or a drier type cookie? The recipe is something very similar I found tonight on the 'net and I'm curious as to your thoughts :)
  • ErinK09
    Options
    Barbecue chicken and green beans.
  • larrodarro
    edited January 2015
    Options
    SquiffyQ72 wrote: »
    larrodarro wrote: »
    Turkey cheeseburger wrap reruns. With a salad, stir fry veggies, steamed broccoli, and sweet potato slices. Tried a new cookie recipe today. Banana Oat Breakfast Cookies.

026_zpscbe37046.jpg

Here is the recipe:

2 ripe bananas, mash bananas with fork until creamy
    1 1/2 cup of oatmeal
    1 cup unsweetened apple sauce
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    1 teaspoon cinnamon
    1/3 cup craisins
    1/4 cup toasted sliced almonds

Preheat oven to 350F.
    Mix vanilla extract & cinnamon into applesauce.
    Blend applesauce mix with all other ingredients. Let sit for 10 minutes.
    Drop cookie dough, by spoonfuls, onto a parchment paper lined cookie sheet. Flatten cookies into rounds.
    Bake 20-30 minutes, or until golden brown.
    Remove from oven and let sit 5 minutes. Move to a cooling rack.
    Store in a covered container when completely cool.
    Enjoy.

Mango can be used instead of banana, and walnuts instead of sliced almonds.

Hi Larrodarro! So for your new cookie, did you like it? Was it moist, or a drier type cookie? The recipe is something very similar I found tonight on the 'net and I'm curious as to your thoughts :)

It was a good while back when we baked them. I do remember liking them, but not all the details. {and we found it online, and tweaked it a little bit} We didn't make many batches though, so they weren't too big of a hit. That said, I'm not real big on baking either.
  • larrodarro
    Options
    I started off with a bowl of the defrosted chili. It tasted better than I remembered it tasting the first time around.

6fb2zpdnn8op.jpg

The black eyed pea soup had lots of fire in it from green chilies. On a cold day like today it really hit the spot.

2ewbc7ten4hj.jpg

And Margie made slaw to go with the rice and stir-fry and ribs. We still had a few of the sweet peppers left, so she added them to the slaw. It turned out very well.

g91mwmha60to.jpg