Liquid diet

Options
Hello!

Has anybody tried going on an all liquid diet and had any success? People who have not had any health issues and how long did you do it? Just for information.

Your input is much appreciated , thank you :)

Replies

• determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    I dunno, I could try putting a pizza in a blender, but I don't think that would go well.

Most people here like eating food... There's no reason a shake or a juice shouldn't be a PART of a healthy diet, but it doesn't really matter if your nutrients/calories are runny or not, they're still nutrients and calories.
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    Unless your jaws are wired shut, it is a silly idea.
  • scubasuenc
    scubasuenc Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Why are you considering an all liquid diet? What do you think it will do for you that eating food will not?

Calories are calories. Your body doesn't care whether they are in liquid or solid form.
  • Gogetter1314
    Options
    Lol i know its not the ideal way.. but i can substitute all the required nutrients in the juices i drink. But i need inputs from someone who has tried this. Im on day 2, feeling pretty good.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    I dunno, I could try putting a pizza in a blender, but I don't think that would go well.

Most people here like eating food... There's no reason a shake or a juice shouldn't be a PART of a healthy diet, but it doesn't really matter if your nutrients/calories are runny or not, they're still nutrients and calories.

agreed.

OP, why?
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Seems like a lot of extra work for zero added benefit.
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    Lol i know its not the ideal way.. but i can substitute all the required nutrients in the juices i drink. But i need inputs from someone who has tried this. Im on day 2, feeling pretty good.

So, are you just looking for justification for this approach?
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Temporary changes = temporary results.

Why not just make the healthy changes with real food that you can stick with for good?
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options

Is this something you plan on doing forever?
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    ...I mean, I've blended chicken and veggies before to make a soup... But a whole PIZZA? Can it even be done...? OP, thank you, you have created my new reason for living.
  • trogalicious
    Options
    ...I mean, I've blended chicken and veggies before to make a soup... But a whole PIZZA? Can it even be done...? OP, thank you, you have created my new reason for living.
    My sister would blend subway tuna subs when she had oral surgery a few years ago. It was the most disgusting thing I had seen. She loved that mess. It was like chum.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    dumb.
  • cuinboston2014
    cuinboston2014 Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    I will tell you, as will most people who are forced onto a liquid diet, that it's not fun.

While I was on a restricted medical liquid diet, I can tell you that after a day and a half my body wanted something solid to eat, digest, and enjoy.

When you go out to eat are you going to order your food pureed?

Knock yourself out and do what you want but if you can sustain yourself for the rest of your life drinking your foods have fun. Know that you do benefit from the act of chewing, swallowing FOOD etc and by not engaging these muscles and this processes long term you could be settinig yourself up for multiple chewing/swallowing disorders as you age and will be forced on a pureed/mechanical soft diet, etc.

I will eat my food and lose weight and love my life. The only liquid diet I would like to try is one made up solely of milkshakes and wine..... but I'm not sure that can happen
  • Gogetter1314
    Options
    Plz dont make this a negative post.. I just want input from people who have done it. My mom is a Nutritionist so i guess i do know what is involved i just want to know the experience of people who have actually done it, long term. Thanks anyway for the concern :)
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    Plz dont make this a negative post.. I just want input from people who have done it. My mom is a Nutritionist so i guess i do know what is involved i just want to know the experience of people who have actually done it, long term. Thanks anyway for the concern :)

And she recommended you do this?

Alrighty then.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

you know it is not the ideal way but you still want to do it???

why can't you just create a 500 calorie per day deficit and lose about 1 pound a week.? Do you really think that a liquid diet is a sustainable, life long, choice and do you really think that this is going to teach you to keep weight off in the long term?

More than likely you are just going to gain most of the weight back, when you stop the liquid diet.
  • LolBroScience
    Options
    What do you expect to gain from this?
  • HawkeyeTy
    HawkeyeTy Posts: 681 Member
    Options

IT SUCKS
    ITS STUPID
    DONT DO IT
  • LolBroScience
    Options

And she recommended you do this?

Alrighty then.

I was going to say this. I must be a doctor since i can use bandaids.
  • trogalicious
    Options
    ....and uh.. have you actually asked your mom about it? If my dad was a surgeon, that wouldn't mean I'd know how to operate on someone.