Liquid diet

Options

Replies

• MstngSammy
    MstngSammy Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Im not blending anything.. just sticking to fruit juices.. healthy homemade soups. and thanks for the input from people speaking from experience. And the rest of the people, i know you are speaking out of concern so i appreciate it. I have an agenda for this so kindly hope for a success :)

IMHO......the best you could hope for with this is to clean your bowels and run your blood sugar up. Any more than a few days of this and your body is not going to be happy....at all. I very seriously doubt you will have the strength to do "maintenance and toning" if you do last as long as you plan to.

Just my thoughts.
    Good luck "Neha"
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    If you were going to have a glass of milk with the slice of pizza, do you go ahead and put it in the blender, or drink it separately?

Sheer curiosity here.

Well then we're talking a pizza SHAKE. Not sure I could use milk. Maybe if I infused the milk with a little stock to make it savoury, (low sodium, of course, we all know sodium is the debbil) I could whizz it up REAL good.

Everyone knows pizza is better with BEER!
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    It is concerned with my health, Digestion basically.. So i need to lighten the load on my digestive system in layman terms, Overeating was a major concern. hence my doc told me to stick to liquids for a while . And hence i asked opinions from people who have tried it for a varying periods of time.

Rob Reinhart's Soylent product might be a good route to go. US orders shipping soon.

Plenty of calories, protein, etc .. all liquid.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soylent_(food_substitute)
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,978 Member
    Options
    Im not blending anything.. just sticking to fruit juices.. healthy homemade soups. and thanks for the input from people speaking from experience. And the rest of the people, i know you are speaking out of concern so i appreciate it. I have an agenda for this so kindly hope for a success :)

this is an agenda for being skinny fat ....

"the road to muscle loss" would be a good title for this plan...

theres going to be a looooooooot of toning going on!!!
    Not to mention a goal weight of 97lbs.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options

It's okay. Her mom is a nutritionist.
  • SilverRose89
    SilverRose89 Posts: 447 Member
    Options

And what do you expect will happen when you go back to 'real' food?
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    So, you're asking about this.. with all of these folks telling you the truth about how it's a bad idea.. hoping for the one person to give you the go ahead?
  • Gogetter1314
    Options
    So, you're asking about this.. with all of these folks telling you the truth about how it's a bad idea.. hoping for the one person to give you the go ahead?

No Mr Trogolicious. Im already on the diet. day 2. I just wanted info not opinions. :)
  • cuinboston2014
    cuinboston2014 Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    It is concerned with my health, Digestion basically.. So i need to lighten the load on my digestive system in layman terms, Overeating was a major concern. hence my doc told me to stick to liquids for a while . And hence i asked opinions from people who have tried it for a varying periods of time.

But this makes no sense for lots of reasons. There is a lot of ignorance in this one post alone which just makes your case even worse. The ONE person who tried this long term gained everything back, plus more.

If your doctor told you to stick to liquids for a while I'd think the following:
    1. He/she gave you a strict diet
    2. You should be discussing your medical issues with him/her and would NOT be looking for experiences on a public internet forum geared to health when you have made absolutely no statement as to why THIS diet would benefit you. If your Dr told you to do it, you would say "my dr told me to stick to these calories on these liquids. Does anyone have this experience? I'm doing it for xyz medical reason"
    3. Any Dr who puts someone on a liquid diet when they have 30 pounds to lose (according to yoru ticker) should probably not be giving medical/nutrition advice unless something is legit wrong

Again, if something is actually wrong than I Believe your initial post would have clarified this.

Lighten the load on your digestive system? How? By blending all the fiber out of whole foods?

I hate to do this but my assumption at this point is you want to lose 30 pounds by summer to look good in a bikini at whatever cost. come fall/winter you will add those 30 pounds when you eat real food....plus an additional 15

but go ahead. follow the advice of your "dr"

i don't know why i've already wasted so much time with this
  • cuinboston2014
    Options

No Mr Trogolicious. Im already on the diet. day 2. I just wanted info not opinions. :)

IF YOUR DR put you on the diet - talk to him or her for info!
  • Gogetter1314
    Options

Hey Mr "Hornsby". How long will you sustain if you stop working out? If you start Binge eating? What you are doing is a lifetime change right. So am I. I will give this a go for sometime then switch and start toning exercise well..whatever works and i am healthy. Dont quote the negative. if you stop you will have negative affects too.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options

Are you seeing a GI? Honestly it doesn't make sense to say that you were overeating and the doc told you to try a liquid diet. If you were overeating and had some digestive issues, you should be either on a strict elimination diet, or a liquid diet consisting only of nutritionally balanced drinks made for that purpose. If it were IBD or IBS, that's the route you'd be taking. And if that is the case, you have no business asking on a diet and fitness site what the weight loss outcome would be for you. Your doc's recommendation for you is based solely on your health, not any type of weight loss goal. You'll need protein and nutrition replacement while on the liquids to protect your organs, brain and lean muscle mass, not to mention your immune system and your GI tract.
  • Hornsby
    Options

Hey Mr "Hornsby". How long will you sustain if you stop working out? If you start Binge eating? What you are doing is a lifetime change right. So am I. I will give this a go for sometime then switch and start toning exercise well..whatever works and i am healthy. Dont quote the negative. if you stop you will have negative affects too.

Thanks Confucius.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options

kinda like how you asked about your hair falling out a few months ago because you weren't eating 1200 calories as a young woman?

...or how you freaked out when you ate... A WHOLE MANGO... and thought that it wrecked your progress.

Maybe it's just me, but you might need to take a step back from extremes and have a talk with someone else about your relationship with foods. We're already telling you that this approach isn't going to work, but hey, what do ANY of us know. You're wanting someone to show up and tell you that you're doing it right.

....news flash: you aren't.

story at 6: it won't last.

1905c1290569414900508712ecad9113-micdrop06.gif
  • cuinboston2014
    Options

You can sustain any weight loss without working out. I have been unable to work out for four weeks now after a vigorous workout schedule. By simply eating smaller portions of the same food I ate for the past 5 years while working out 5-6 days a week I have actually continued to lose weight.

When people eat real foods to fit their fitness/health goals - whether it's to gain, maintain, or lose, it's easy to adjust your calories accordingly and still live a normal life within their calorie goals.

He may lose fitness if he stops working out but it doesn't mean he will gain weight.

However, Hornsby, my assumption is that you are an advocate of eating..... just going out on al imb :)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

this response makes no sense what so ever.... a liquid diet is not going to be a lifetime change so why bother?!
  • Hornsby
    Options

You can sustain any weight loss without working out. I have been unable to work out for four weeks now after a vigorous workout schedule. By simply eating smaller portions of the same food I ate for the past 5 years while working out 5-6 days a week I have actually continued to lose weight.

When people eat real foods to fit their fitness/health goals - whether it's to gain, maintain, or lose, it's easy to adjust your calories accordingly and still live a normal life within their calorie goals.

He may lose fitness if he stops working out but it doesn't mean he will gain weight.

However, Hornsby, my assumption is that you are an advocate of eating..... just going out on al imb :)

Yes, but only lean chicken and broccoli. Everything else will make you gain.

ETA in case it wasn't obvious...:insertsarcasm:
  • tehboxingkitteh
    tehboxingkitteh Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    If you were going to have a glass of milk with the slice of pizza, do you go ahead and put it in the blender, or drink it separately?

Sheer curiosity here.

Well then we're talking a pizza SHAKE. Not sure I could use milk. Maybe if I infused the milk with a little stock to make it savoury, (low sodium, of course, we all know sodium is the debbil) I could whizz it up REAL good.

Everyone knows pizza is better with BEER!
    I know I know but beer gives me really bad farts and my boyfriend... well, I almost killed him last time with my beer farts.
  • Greytfish
    Greytfish Posts: 810
    Options
    Seems like a lot of extra work for zero added benefit.

This. As well as making dietary intake more rapidly processed and adding a potential for increased overconsumption.
  • rowlandsw
    rowlandsw Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    They had me on one for 2 weeks to prepare for the gastric bypass surgery before i chickened out, actually it's a big part of why i did on top of all the tests they make you do. Sure i lost weight but you have diarrhea every day and all the discomfort that goes with it. I'd do it for a day or two to clean out but i'd never ever do it again otherwise. It's just not worth it.