Liquid diet

Options

Replies

• determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    But i will post my results in the success story section so you will know. first weigh in in 43 days. then another 45 days. Then toning and maintainence. will keep you'l updated:)

p.s: Whats the harm in trying if the calories are calories whether in liquid or solid form? Lol. :)

Because people are supposed to eat food, not drink everything. Especially in "long term"... Without anything solid in your digestive tract, I HATE to think about how going to the bathroom is going to go. The adjective "explosive" comes to mind.

You will miss out on the social act of eating, you will not be able to eat with your friends or family, you will not be able to go out to eat, you will find it harder to hit your macronutrient goals (carbs protein fat). Why not try just replacing one meal like lunch with a well balanced shake made with a source of protein (milk or nut milks), some green leafy veg and some fats like avocado or nut butters? You'll be getting good nutrition and not missing out on breakfast or dinner with your family/friends.
  • tehboxingkitteh
    tehboxingkitteh Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    If you were going to have a glass of milk with the slice of pizza, do you go ahead and put it in the blender, or drink it separately?

Sheer curiosity here.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    How do you plan to maintain lean muscle mass while on this liquid diet? And do you plan to continue to stay on it once you reach goal weight? While in maintenance? What's your long-term plan?
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    If you were going to have a glass of milk with the slice of pizza, do you go ahead and put it in the blender, or drink it separately?

Sheer curiosity here.

Well then we're talking a pizza SHAKE. Not sure I could use milk. Maybe if I infused the milk with a little stock to make it savoury, (low sodium, of course, we all know sodium is the debbil) I could whizz it up REAL good.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

Sheer curiosity here.

i cant imagine the OP is planning on eating anywhere near enough calories to cover milk and pizza!
  • MstngSammy
    MstngSammy Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Op. Are you talking about a temporary juice fast?

Like maybe...juicing veggies and fruits for a few weeks?

Or are you talking about shoving all of your foods (pizza, steak, veggies, etc) into a vitamix and drinking it....for the rest of your days on earth.

You haven't made that clear.
  • sumofRactions
    sumofRactions Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    My thoughts exactly.....Why???

Is this some sort of planned out, nutritionally balanced liquid diet that you are doing or just a random kind of thing?
  • tehboxingkitteh
    tehboxingkitteh Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options

Sheer curiosity here.

Well then we're talking a pizza SHAKE. Not sure I could use milk. Maybe if I infused the milk with a little stock to make it savoury, (low sodium, of course, we all know sodium is the debbil) I could whizz it up REAL good.
    I didn't think soda and pizza in the blender would mix any better, although I prefer to drink soda with my pizza... and cheese already on the pizza and milk would be better.
  • Gogetter1314
    Options
    Im not blending anything.. just sticking to fruit juices.. healthy homemade soups. and thanks for the input from people speaking from experience. And the rest of the people, i know you are speaking out of concern so i appreciate it. I have an agenda for this so kindly hope for a success :)
  • Slacker16
    Slacker16 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    William the Conqueror reportedly did something like that.
    Didn't work.
  • cuinboston2014
    cuinboston2014 Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    Im not blending anything.. just sticking to fruit juices.. healthy homemade soups. and thanks for the input from people speaking from experience. And the rest of the people, i know you are speaking out of concern so i appreciate it. I have an agenda for this so kindly hope for a success :)

Can you please share what this agenda is? What you hope to accomplish? Why you are doing this? Why you think this is a good idea? I legitimately want to know!!
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options

So what is the agenda? How do you plan to maintain lean muscle mass? And what is your plan for returning to solid food when you enter maintenance?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,628 Member
    Options
    But i will post my results in the success story section so you will know. first weigh in in 43 days. then another 45 days. Then toning and maintainence. will keep you'l updated:)

p.s: Whats the harm in trying if the calories are calories whether in liquid or solid form? Lol. :)
    Unfortunately liquid diets have the highest regain weight of just about any "diet" program out there. Why? Because there's a distinct difference in solid foods and liquified foods.
    If there really wasn't a difference, then why would a baby go from drinking formula to solid foods? But you're looking more for justification, rather than advice, so good luck with your endeavor.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

please post your weight at the end of this torture cycle, and then post your weight after 8 weeks of eating solid foods again ...

PS - Liquid diets are unsustainable in the long term. Are you really going to drink your food for the rest of your life? Why not teach yourself how to eat real foods, stay in a calorie deficit, and lose weight the healthy way?
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

this is an agenda for being skinny fat ....

"the road to muscle loss" would be a good title for this plan...
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    I will tell you, as will most people who are forced onto a liquid diet, that it's not fun.

While I was on a restricted medical liquid diet, I can tell you that after a day and a half my body wanted something solid to eat, digest, and enjoy.

When you go out to eat are you going to order your food pureed?

Knock yourself out and do what you want but if you can sustain yourself for the rest of your life drinking your foods have fun. Know that you do benefit from the act of chewing, swallowing FOOD etc and by not engaging these muscles and this processes long term you could be settinig yourself up for multiple chewing/swallowing disorders as you age and will be forced on a pureed/mechanical soft diet, etc.

I will eat my food and lose weight and love my life. The only liquid diet I would like to try is one made up solely of milkshakes and wine..... but I'm not sure that can happen
    :love:
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

this is an agenda for being skinny fat ....

"the road to muscle loss" would be a good title for this plan...

theres going to be a looooooooot of toning going on!!!
  • carolita111
    Options
    I did it it for 6 months, high protein shakes. Weight came off like butter!, Then I started real food again and put it all back on plus some more! I don't think it is a long term lifestyle solution because it is so limited and I think it plays havoc with your metabolism so that when you consume solid food your body saves it all as fat. Hope this helps.:smile:
  • Gogetter1314
    Options
    It is concerned with my health, Digestion basically.. So i need to lighten the load on my digestive system in layman terms, Overeating was a major concern. hence my doc told me to stick to liquids for a while . And hence i asked opinions from people who have tried it for a varying periods of time.
  • Gogetter1314
    Options
    I did it it for 6 months, high protein shakes. Weight came off like butter!, Then I started real food again and put it all back on plus some more! I don't think it is a long term lifestyle solution because it is so limited and I think it plays havoc with your metabolism so that when you consume solid food your body saves it all as fat. Hope this helps.:smile:

Thanks it helps. :)