Liquid diet

Options

Replies

• Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    Plz dont make this a negative post.. I just want input from people who have done it. My mom is a Nutritionist so i guess i do know what is involved i just want to know the experience of people who have actually done it, long term. Thanks anyway for the concern :)

And she recommended you do this?

Alrighty then.

I was going to say this. I must be a doctor since i can use bandaids.

:laugh:
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    OP, other posters have asked, if you're getting the calories and nutrition you require in real food, what are the benefits of a liquid diet? I genuinely don't see the appeal, or how it would be beneficial to you.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Hello!

Has anybody tried going on an all liquid diet and had any success? People who have not had any health issues and how long did you do it? Just for information.

Your input is much appreciated , thank you :)

Considering that it is not sustainable, it's just not a good idea. You'd lose weight, and then when you hit your goal weight, and started eating solid food, having learned nothing about good eating habits, you'd just gain it back.
  • Gogetter1314
    Options
    But i will post my results in the success story section so you will know. first weigh in in 43 days. then another 45 days. Then toning and maintainence. will keep you'l updated:)

p.s: Whats the harm in trying if the calories are calories whether in liquid or solid form? Lol. :)
  • cuinboston2014
    cuinboston2014 Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    Everyone has asked you what you expect/hope to accomplish by this and how you will sustain it.

You haven't answered that.

When you support your idea with rationale - if possible - you might get different input. I doubt it but at least it will sound like you thought this through...
  • wilsoje74
    wilsoje74 Posts: 1,720 Member
    Options
    If you can't sustain it long term it's a bad idea
  • eyecandyrayce
    eyecandyrayce Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Plz dont make this a negative post.. I just want input from people who have done it. My mom is a Nutritionist so i guess i do know what is involved i just want to know the experience of people who have actually done it, long term. Thanks anyway for the concern :)

"IE.. please stop telling me what I don't want to hear so I can keep living in my fantasy world where this is a good idea."

OP... we are all telling you that what you are doing makes no sense, has no added benefits and is not really healthy for you in the long run. But you are not listening. If you want people to pat you on the back and not give you real opinions, go ask some dolls or something because people here are going to be honest and not tell you what you want to hear. They are going to tell you what you NEED to hear. If you don't like peoples opinions, don't ask for them.

You also heard from a few people in this thread who had to do a liquid diet but you seem to be ignoring their input that it is a bad idea and you shouldn't do it.
  • HawkeyeTy
    HawkeyeTy Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    But i will post my results in the success story section so you will know. first weigh in in 43 days. then another 45 days. Then toning and maintainence. will keep you'l updated:)

p.s: Whats the harm in trying if the calories are calories whether in liquid or solid form? Lol. :)

Good luck!!
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    NO
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options

I look forward to it because it'll be the first successful liquid diet thread.
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options

Good luck!!
    4899.jpg
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

oh i am totally in for 83 days of liquids and then toning!!!!!
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    Maintenance and Toning? :huh:
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    Unless you've just bought yourself a new blender and you're really keen to take it for a spin!

WHY!!!!!!!!!
  • cuinboston2014
    cuinboston2014 Posts: 848 Member
    Options

After you post your initial results, please post the results of when you go back to real food.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    When I was on a 5 day liquid diet due to surgery, all I wanted was food.

But you go, OP.
    tumblr_mtsa24Lqlj1sj3oxho1_250.gif
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options

Well, now i know you're trolling.