Large amounts of meat, cheese deadly as smoking

Options

Replies

• sheermomentum
    sheermomentum Posts: 827 Member
    Options

I don't know how to break it to you but studies have shown that being a vegetarian can lead to an increase in mental health issues.!!!!!!

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3466124/#!po=0.270270

Actually, if you read it through, the study concludes that vegetarians have more mental disorders, but it also says that the mental disorders usually come first....
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options

I don't know how to break it to you but studies have shown that being a vegetarian can lead to an increase in mental health issues.!!!!!!

Actually, if you read it through, the study concludes that vegetarians have more mental disorders, but it also says that the mental disorders usually come first....

I'm debating which is better for vegetarians.
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    I hate to break it to you, but we are all going to die...

And personally, I know that the only way I can lose weight and control my type 2 diabetes is by eating more protein and reducing my carbs. I know the long term effects of carrying 100+ extra pounds and having diabetes. Both make my life less fun while I'm living it. I'd rather eat the extra protein and live a little shorter life (maybe) than have a long miserable life.
    What i told you that eating what you are calling "Protein" (euphemism for meat, dairy, eggs) is actually contributing to your diabetes, lowering your quality of life and reducing your longevity, plus increasing your risk of cancer, stroke and heart disease?

Controlling your diabeetus is one thing, but why not try to reverse it? Google the work of Dr. Neal Barnard, founder of the Physician's Committee for Responsible Medicine (PCRM). There have been many, many people who have reversed their diabetes by eating a proper diet.

Don't put too much stock into studies - everyone has there angle - especially corporations such as L-Nutra pedaling their plant based diet miracles!
    Vegetarians typically eat all sorts of things, including eggs, cheese, bread, oil, potato chips, candy bars, etc. The foods that help you stay healthy are the fruits and veggies.
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options

And personally, I know that the only way I can lose weight and control my type 2 diabetes is by eating more protein and reducing my carbs. I know the long term effects of carrying 100+ extra pounds and having diabetes. Both make my life less fun while I'm living it. I'd rather eat the extra protein and live a little shorter life (maybe) than have a long miserable life.
    What i told you that eating what you are calling "Protein" (euphemism for meat, dairy, eggs) is actually contributing to your diabetes, lowering your quality of life and reducing your longevity, plus increasing your risk of cancer, stroke and heart disease?

Controlling your diabeetus is one thing, but why not try to reverse it? Google the work of Dr. Neal Barnard, founder of the Physician's Committee for Responsible Medicine (PCRM). There have been many, many people who have reversed their diabetes by eating a proper diet.

Don't put too much stock into studies - everyone has there angle - especially corporations such as L-Nutra pedaling their plant based diet miracles!
    Vegetarians typically eat all sorts of things, including eggs, cheese, bread, oil, potato chips, candy bars, etc. The foods that help you stay healthy are the fruits and veggies.

So who on these forums are not eating fruit and veggies?
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options

Thats funny all the longest living cultures don't have vegetarian/vegan diets. Protein and fat are essential for life, carbohydrates are not.
  • 1pandabear
    1pandabear Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    What the actual study (not the Fox news report) really says is that people who in middle age follow a high protein animal diet have higher mortality and higher levels of growth hormone IGF-1).

What the study does not tell you is if people who follow a high animal protein diet also engage in other unhealthy practices in general. In particular, do they also consume more animal fat, weigh more, exercise less, eat less fruits and vegetables, etc. That is very likely and may be contributing greatly to the higher mortality rate.

are you trying to tell me correlation does not equal causation?!?!?!?!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • rogerhartford
    Options
    Correct me if I'm wrong but eating meat and dairy in the same meal isn't kosher. I think my jewish friends are on to something.
  • OverDoIt
    OverDoIt Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    So, the only logical scientific answer to all of this would be to smoke your meat folks. Roll it up in a blunt, take some Filet Min bong snaps. I tried putting some greek yogurt in my hooka but that did not work out too good. Give me a break. You like it, eat it. You wanna smoke it, toke it. Who the funk and wagnalls am I to tell youse guys what to do. BTW, hot dogs are kosher as long as they are Hebrew Nationals, shalom brothers and sisters.
  • Rocbola
    Options

Thats funny all the longest living cultures don't have vegetarian/vegan diets. Protein and fat are essential for life, carbohydrates are not.
    The longest living cultures on the planet are not the ones who eat too much protein and fat. And some of the healthiest populations on earth are the ones who eat mostly vegan. The sickest are the ones who eat too much animal.
  • eric_sg61
    Options

The longest living cultures on the planet are not the ones who eat too much protein and fat. And some of the healthiest populations on earth are the ones who eat mostly vegan. The sickest are the ones who eat too much animal.
    You read too much vegan propaganda. Protein and fat are essential to survival, carbohydrates are not.
  • Rocbola
    Options

You read too much vegan propaganda. Protein and fat are essential to survival, carbohydrates are not.
    You spew too much S.A.D. propaganda. Protein and fat are found in abundance in the plant world. Needing them and getting too much are different things. In America, most people get too much of both of those, and they get their carbs from refined grains or sugars. When was the last time you heard of someone with a fat deficiency or kwashiorkor? It doesn't take propaganda for me to believe that fruits and vegetables are good, it takes logic.
  • nataliebordeauxx
    nataliebordeauxx Posts: 94 Member
    Options

You spew too much S.A.D. propaganda. Protein and fat are found in abundance in the plant world. Needing them and getting too much are different things. In America, most people get too much of both of those, and they get their carbs from refined grains or sugars. When was the last time you heard of someone with a fat deficiency or kwashiorkor? It doesn't take propaganda for me to believe that fruits and vegetables are good, it takes logic.

It's refreshing to see someone like Rocbola on the boards. Everybody in this thread should pick up a few books, first one being the China Study, and get some heavy learnzzzzzz in.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options

It's refreshing to see someone like Rocbola on the boards. Everybody in this thread should pick up a few books, first one being the China Study, and get some heavy learnzzzzzz in.

biasedmuch/10?
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,244 Member
    Options

If they want to learn, they shouldn't read the China Study. They should read all the science that has disproved it over and over and over and over though!
  • Rocbola
    Options

If they want to learn, they shouldn't read the China Study. They should read all the science that has disproved it over and over and over and over though!
    In "The China Study", T. Colin Campbell cites his work, and how he came to his conclusions over his 40+ years of working in nutritional science, and references almost 750 different professional sources. The food industry can try to discredit his work all they want, but the truth is blatantly evident to anyone with even the mildest familiarity of epidemiology .
  • eric_sg61
    Options

In "The China Study", T. Colin Campbell cites his work, and how he came to his conclusions over his 40+ years of working in nutritional science, and references almost 750 different professional sources. The food industry can try to discredit his work all they want, but the truth is blatantly evident to anyone with even the mildest familiarity of epidemiology .
    Anyone can cherry-pick studies to get the results they want
    http://rawfoodsos.com/2010/07/07/the-china-study-fact-or-fallac/
    FTA:
    "Why does Campbell avoid mentioning anything potentially positive about animal products in “The China Study,” including evidence unearthed by his own research? For someone who has openly censured the nutritional bias rampant in the scientific community, this seems a tad hypocritical."

"In sum, “The China Study” is a compelling collection of carefully chosen data. Unfortunately for both health seekers and the scientific community, Campbell appears to exclude relevant information when it indicts plant foods as causative of disease, or when it shows potential benefits for animal products. This presents readers with a strongly misleading interpretation of the original China Study data, as well as a slanted perspective of nutritional research from other arenas (including some that Campbell himself conducted)."
  • ucabucca
    ucabucca Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Large amounts of anything may not be good moderate amounts and that depends on your own lifestyle for me I was told to add protein and wow I felt better now at over 100 grams a day so I will do that for now. It is like eggs one minute they are bad the next they are good We have to listen to our own bodies. This is crazy without protein I would never be able to do what I love. There are always going to be stdies that tilt things nothing new
  • levitateme
    levitateme Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Studies have shown that cigarettes don't have any calories and are therefore safe for my diet. Studies have also shown that cheese is very high calories and should be weighed, measured and found wanting.
  • Showcase_Brodown
    Showcase_Brodown Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Thanks for info. From now on I will be cutting the cheese to fight cancer.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options

Thank you, Mr. Minister of Propoganda.