Large amounts of meat, cheese deadly as smoking

Options

Replies

• Andreaviolet89
    Andreaviolet89 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    It seems like everything is getting crazy with what to eat and what not to eat. Too much protien is bad, but dont eat too many carbs either, oh and absolutly no sugar, but wait dont eat salt, oh and and did i mention that protiens have cholesterol and too much of that is bad. today eggs are healthy, but yesterday they were bad ummmm idk. . . . .

Basically what Im saying is, eat healthy, and in moderation, but there is no need to cut out whole food groups.
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I take everything professional researchers and even my doctor say with a grain of salt. These people have to please the groups who pay their bills and will say anything to justify their loans and grants thusly.
    Yup, just like this study was funded by those with a vegan agenda (and posted I'm guessing).
  • gibbsedward
    gibbsedward Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    What the actual study (not the Fox news report) really says is that people who in middle age follow a high protein animal diet have higher mortality and higher levels of growth hormone IGF-1).

What the study does not tell you is if people who follow a high animal protein diet also engage in other unhealthy practices in general. In particular, do they also consume more animal fat, weigh more, exercise less, eat less fruits and vegetables, etc. That is very likely and may be contributing greatly to the higher mortality rate.
  • alpha_andy
    alpha_andy Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    What the actual study (not the Fox news report) really says is that people who in middle age follow a high protein animal diet have higher mortality and higher levels of growth hormone IGF-1).

What the study does not tell you is if people who follow a high animal protein diet also engage in other unhealthy practices in general. In particular, do they also consume more animal fat, weigh more, exercise less, eat less fruits and vegetables, etc. That is very likely and may be contributing greatly to the higher mortality rate.

Exactly. Additionally, meats are often grilled. Charred meats are also carcinogenic.
  • kung_fu_red
    Options
    Eating grilled vegetables will give you cancer. It is known.
  • jaxokc
    jaxokc Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Everything is going to kill you. Eat the meat and cheese if you like it.

Amen!
  • mschicagocubs
    mschicagocubs Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    If you smoke while eating large amounts of meat and cheese, do they cancel each other out?

Omg...I am trying to quit cigarettes ... now I have to quit CHEESE?!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
  • marksteve56
    Options
    Oh cr@p! Now they're gonna ban meat and cheese products in public spaces, and they're gonna tax them at 95%. On the other hand I can't wait to cash in from the Meat and Dairy MSA. Anybody want to start a Class Action lawsuit?
    http://www.healthereview.com/2014/02/grow-taller-4-idiots-program-review/
  • justlosingit4
    justlosingit4 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Has anyone read "The China Study"? It's a boring read, but very informative!!
  • WVprankster
    WVprankster Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I guess I should quit packing my bong with porterhouse.

In other news, I don't have the time to dissect and negate the points made in the original article, nor do I have time to find an appropriate reaction .gif.

The wording of the title of this thread made me lol, because I can't wait till I see news report that some *kitten* died because he tried to huff some gorgonzola.
  • kammyrios
    kammyrios Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    You have to die of something. You can't live forever, and you cant die of "nothing". I am taking the big risk and keeping my cheese. At least it isn't killing me at this second....hehe
  • MissLCWolff
    MissLCWolff Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Well, everyone has to die sometime. Plus, The Onion made a compelling argument on this topic yesterday: http://www.theonion.com/articles/study-links-meat-sugar-consumption-to-early-death,35447/ (warning: contains lots of pictures of delicious grilled meats and sugary desserts)
  • mary190136
    mary190136 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I completely agree with this. I've lost a ton of weight just cutting out cheese. The only animal product I eat is white fish, which I eat a lot. I feel so much better. My skin is clearer, my hair is healthier, my digestion is great... I believe that sugar and cheese and red meat are like poison. We should get it out of our diets! asap!
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Eating grilled vegetables will give you cancer. It is known.
    Of course, carcinogens.
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    I completely agree with this. I've lost a ton of weight just cutting out cheese. The only animal product I eat is white fish, which I eat a lot. I feel so much better. My skin is clearer, my hair is healthier, my digestion is great... I believe that sugar and cheese and red meat are like poison. We should get it out of our diets! asap!
    You lost weight from a calorie deficit, not just from cutting out cheese.
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options

What could go wrong eating a lot of fish?
  • ComradeTovarich
    ComradeTovarich Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    What could go wrong eating a lot of fish?

Mercury poisoning?

giphy.gif
  • ahamm002
    ahamm002 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Fox News did not conduct the study. Researchers at the University of Southern California conducted the study. The important issue here is the emphasis on "large" amounts of animal protein. Additionally, as I mentioned earlier, they did not see the same harmful results when it came to "large" amounts of plant based proteins.

The study is a joke, and the fact that the results reversed themselves once people were over age 65 should tell you everything you have to know. That is, it's a garbage study.
  • Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options

are you trying to tell me correlation does not equal causation?!?!?!?!
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    There is such a thing as quality of life, and that INCLUDES red meat, butter, cheese, chocolate......