What are some popular healthy foods that you hate?

Options

Replies

• MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Parsnips. Just seeing them on a plate makes me shudder :sick:
    Try roasting them with some sweet potatoes; the flavors complement each other pretty well (and roasting turns down the parsnipiness a bit)

Curried parsnip soup, OMG. I have friends that beg me to make this. Wonderful, sweet buttered parsnips in a velvet soup.
  • Jlmervin03
    Jlmervin03 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Gosh...I love everything you all have listed. The only thing I can think of is beets (yuck!)
  • lemon629
    lemon629 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Kale
    Cauliflower
    Eggplant
    Spaghetti squash
    Papaya
    Skinny cow anything
    Reduced fat cheese
    Protein shakes
    Protein/meal replacement bars
    Just about any other diet/reduced fat/sugar substitute type food. They all taste gross to me.

Foods that I generally do not like but sometimes will eat if braised/roasted: brussel sprouts, celery.

I used to love broccoli, but lately I have developed an aversion to it. I don't know what's up with that. Its smell makes me gag.

Oatmeal-- I don't exactly hate it, but I only like it with lots of sugar and cold milk. I love it that way, but I get hungry really fast afterwards which ruins the whole point of eating it. Total waste of calories, making it a treat meal. I'd rather just have a treat.

Egg whites-- what's with the yolk hate on FP? That's the tastiest part of an egg for me and what makes the whites tolerable. And I thought the message had finally gotten through to the masses that whole eggs are fine to eat. (I don't eat much egg anyway because I seem to be sensitive to it.)
  • soupinthesky
    soupinthesky Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Look up the kale's nutritional information-- it is incredible how much goodness you get from those leaves. According to nutritiondata. sef.com, it has 206% of your daily needs of Vitamin A in just 67 g of it. Tons of vit K, C, and even protein and iron...I am determined to find a recipe that will make it palatable!
  • heathras
    heathras Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Stevia - horrible after taste for me...which leads me to my next one that I get so much hate for....

Quest Bars - omg I don't get the hype over these bad boys....awful...the stevia is the only thing I could taste

Mashed Cauliflower - totally agree with that one...like it every other way but that one. I guess it's too watery for me.
  • TNM2014
    TNM2014 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Brussels sprouts!!!!! had them for dinner last night.... WHY, WHY, WHY!!!!!!:sick: :explode: :sick:
  • Cmejstrik
    Cmejstrik Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Soup! Any kind! Everyone on MFP acts like soup is gods gift to dieters. No, it's not. I'm hungrier after a bowl of soup than I was before I ate it. Just STOP with the soup!
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Celery, Brussels sprouts, asparagus, tofu or anything soy or tempeh, just to name a few lol
  • asciident
    asciident Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I enjoy a lot of things on this list, but for me green smoothies are kinda gross. I like raw spinach, and I've never tried kale on its own, but drinking greens even mixed with fruit...eww. Most protein bars are gross too, though I have found a couple I'll tolerate.
  • 1crvygrl
    1crvygrl Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Fresh (raw) vegetables of any kind, would not dip them in ranch because I don't like ranch. Do not like salads, rice, wheat anything
    (breads, pasta). Will eat carrots if cooked with butter and brown sugar and green beans if cooked with bacon, potatoes I can eat most ways, but not sweet potatoes. I like very few fruits, only bananas, grapes, pineapple, peaches, pears, strawberries and oranges Have only recently started eating yogurt, have to be in the mood for it and only orange crème flavor.
  • angelicprettyy
    Options
    Cauliflower. Oh, dear lord, do I hate cauliflower.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Cow's milk--BLEECH...it taste like stink to me :sick:

vegetables that are cooked to death (overcooked) :frown:

Meat--YUCK chicken, beef, turkey, wild meats...meat in general.:sick: I eat meat--but I don't really like it, but it has to be prepared a certain way (like fried or greasy--ya know, the heart attack on a plate kinda meat if it's American/Western prepared/styled meat... then okay..other than that most meats are YUCK to me (I actually like pork--sausages and bacon, ham) :heart: ...but chicken--YUCK, beef--exception of corned beef & pastrami (lightly cooked) and hamburgers and some aged steaks--okay, but otherwise yuck:sick: Turkey...ick, I eat it, because I do, I use it for recipes--but ick. So glad I've recently discovered walnut meat :heart: walnut meat tacos:heart: I'll also eat some lamb as long as it's a gyros or really well cooked rack of lamb or prepared Middle Eastern, Mediterranean, Asian or some other ethnic cuisine other than American/Western style and prepared meats... tastes so gross to me. :noway:

Just about all of the popular American/Western styled healthy foods are YUCKY to me...I like ethnic prepared and styled healthy foods.
  • DoctahJenn
    DoctahJenn Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Grapefruit. I have no idea how anyone drinks grapefruit juice. It's like drinking orange juice after you brush your teeth, IMO.
  • sansa_stark
    sansa_stark Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Mushrooms and hummus!! :sick:
  • msnucerity
    msnucerity Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    kale is disgusting- how they can even sell it as food I have no idea.

^This. Every form of prepared kale I've had was awful. Sautéed with bacon, blended in a smoothie, made into "chips" all disappointing and better suited to be made in to mulch
  • foxxyroxy12
    foxxyroxy12 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I typically love all types of food and I am willing to try anything but I absolutely HATE oatmeal. I love granola and other things with oats in them (cookies) but I HATE oatmeal. I have tried it in every flavor, with fruit or without fruit, with milk or with water. It has the consistency of vomit. I want so badly to like it but I can't. I also dislike cottage cheese as it reminds me of chunky vomit.

On the bright side, I seem to love everything else that other people have commented that they hate like kale, hummus, greek yogurt and fish.
  • foxxyroxy12
    Options
    I love Brussels. Cut in half and roasted with salt and pepper with a squeeze of lemon juice. MMMMMMM!
  • foxxyroxy12
    Options
    Brussels sprouts!!!!! had them for dinner last night.... WHY, WHY, WHY!!!!!!:sick: :explode: :sick:

I love Brussels. Cut in half and roasted with salt and pepper with a squeeze of lemon juice. MMMMMMM!
  • azalean
    azalean Posts: 6
    Options
    tomatoes :noway:
  • monstergirl14
    monstergirl14 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I can't stand carrots. Boiled mushy carrots are okay, but raw carrots I can't fathom. I'm trying to develop a relationship with onions but they're so overpowering.