What are some popular healthy foods that you hate?

Options

Replies

• Snapshotgirl
    Snapshotgirl Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Mushrooms, string cheese, carrots. I'm also getting sick of celery.
  • Kekibird
    Kekibird Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Quinoa, mushrooms. Hate them both....
  • bekim123
    bekim123 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    onions and peppers
  • Grumpsandwich
    Grumpsandwich Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I HATE arugula, its *kitten* flavored lettuce! Its like the welfare filler lettuce they throw in every bag of mixed greens/salad or spring mix that makes me go >(
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    Cooked zucchini, it's just slimy and mushy disgustingness.

I don't get why people rave about asparagus as such a delicacy, I can eat the stuff to be polite at someone's dinner table but I'd much rather avoid it.

Lima beans

Can't say I'm wild about kale either. Not sure whether it's the taste or the amount of work that has to go into prep.
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    Stevia - horrible after taste for me...which leads me to my next one that I get so much hate for....

Quest Bars - omg I don't get the hype over these bad boys....awful...the stevia is the only thing I could taste

Mashed Cauliflower - totally agree with that one...like it every other way but that one. I guess it's too watery for me.

I have the problem you have with Stevia, only with Splenda. Not exactly a health food (or, at least, debatable), but when they started sweetening some of my favorite yogurts with Splenda (or sucralose, same thing) I had to switch. Can't stand that taste, and I don't even have to read the label to know it's there. :sick:

Pretty much everything else listed I like, or I haven't tried. Never tried kale, quinoa, etc ... some of the cooked recipes people have listed for kale look worth trying, though. I do agree with the poster who listed overcooked vegetables.
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    Cooked zucchini, it's just slimy and mushy disgustingness.

I don't get why people rave about asparagus as such a delicacy, I can eat the stuff to be polite at someone's dinner table but I'd much rather avoid it.

Lima beans

Can't say I'm wild about kale either. Not sure whether it's the taste or the amount of work that has to go into prep.

Oh, I forgot about Lima Beans. There's my one healthy food I avoid like crazy. Blech, just disgusting.
  • BerttiBott
    BerttiBott Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Seaweed. Ugh! The second I taste it I start retching. It tastes the same way that goldfish food flakes smell.
    Miso soup tastes like a mouthful of sea water. Not edible.
    PB 2 tastes like chalk, but is strangely addicting. I must have pica. :P
    Dannon Light and Fit yogurt is a watery, chemical filled bowl of sadness.
    Greek Gods plain Greek yogurt is tasteless and strangely mealy because they use pectins and other emulsifiers to thicken it. Fage or Chobani is great, though.
  • hannhr
    hannhr Posts: 22
    Options
    Plain Greek yogurt, even the full fat kind. All of it tastes like curd to me.
    Quest bars. I've tried a few and they left an awful chemical after taste in my mouth.
    Papayas are the only fruit that I truly despise. It tastes how skunks smell.
    I've tried eating avocados every which way... plain with salt and lemon, guacamole, in tacos, on bread, on salad, you name it. I just can't like it. I think it's the slimy texture that puts me off.
    Cherry tomatoes. Enough said.
  • nicor44
    nicor44 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Celery! I pick it out of stir fries, soups, stuffing at Thanksgiving, and anything containing raw celery I won't eat because I can still smell it. Even the odor makes me gag. I can't drink V-8 juice because to me it smells like celery.
  • tpaul98
    tpaul98 Posts: 8
    Options
    Celery, it's something about the flavor. Also skim milk, why would somebody drink this (it tastes like dirty water!)?
  • valente347
    valente347 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Any low-fat cheese or cream products. I consider them a crime. In fact, most reduced-fat/sugar-free foods serve as wonderful appetite suppressors. I take a bite and am magically no longer hungry.
  • SheGlistensasSheSings
    SheGlistensasSheSings Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    broccoli. but all other vegetables pretty much definitely including broccolini, love. why?
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    Celery - It's crunchy water. That's it. No flavor. "It's negative calories!" - it better be, it's like eating nothing!

This is why I believe I have a gene for tasting something in celery that a lot of other people don't have. For me, celery has a very strong and very unpleasant flavour and I can smell it a mile off. It's vile and I don't want it within smelling distance from me.

Anyway that's also my answer to this thread: celery!!!! :sick:
  • iemcanadian
    Options
    Tomatoes. I desperately want to like them, but they're so acidic and...wet. Ugh.

Also not a fan of kale but I haven't tried it many ways, I want to experiment with sautéing it or putting it in soup.
  • Hanni
    Hanni Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Broccoli... absolutely disgusting.
  • amyfullbrook
    amyfullbrook Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Celery - absolutely disgusting

Carrots - I hate the flavour of them, even when they are cooked to the point of being brown

Cucumber - I full on heave whenever I even smell this stuff >.<

Cottage cheese - Even with pineapple which I love. Just...so wrong.

Rice crackers - Unless they're flavoured...but then I wouldn't count them as a health food.

Mushrooms - like eating chewy rubber. What a weird texture!

Cauliflower - unless it's in cauliflower cheese.

Raw onion - I don't mind if it's really sweated down in cooking or in chutneys...as long as it's not crunchy!!!

Lettuce - what is the point?

Quite a lot!!
  • Nutella91
    Nutella91 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    celery!!
    soft tofu.
    and leafy greens without dressing. that aint food
  • bmkxox
    bmkxox Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    i don't like sweet potatoes! or TURKEY BACON. so gross!!!
  • bmkxox
    bmkxox Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    fat free cheese is also disgusting.