What are some popular healthy foods that you hate?

Options

Replies

• PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    Brussel sprouts. Never had them, but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't like them.

Am I the only one that loves Kale? I add it to soups and pasta, but my favorite is just to saute it with a little bit of EVOO, garlic and red pepper flakes...nom nom nom.

I love Kale.............mmmmmmm

Kale chips, kale and potato soup, add kale to just about anything.............yum
  • misskris78
    misskris78 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Kale is what happens when vegetables form a coup to spread evil.

That, and skim milk. Dude, it's blue. Why is it blue? Milk isn't supposed to be blue.
  • nikkipaige
    nikkipaige Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower and Quinoa. just can't do them!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I can't really enjoy tofu. At best, its just an inoffensive addition of protein. I have to chop it super small to enjoy it in stir fry

I kind of like the extra firm tofu my husband puts into stir fry -- or when he sears it in a pan and adds BBQ sauce. But when he starts talking about making it into a cheese for pizza or creaming it into a pudding/pie it makes me feel ill. No thank you.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Beets....
  • Brussel sprouts and asparagus make me gag!!
  • kiittenforever
    kiittenforever Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Not that fond of kale but can tolerate it. Beets are pretty gross.
  • 1pandabear
    1pandabear Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Hate is too strong a word because I can tolerate most foods I have tried but I somewhat disliked
    Greek yogurts -metallic tasting and too thick
    Eggplant- just, why eat it? Why not bread, fry and parmesan-coat a nice, firm vegetable like potato?
    Squid sushi- I have too much respect for squid to eat them :) and anyway raw they are tough and chewy (gaag)
    Crab Roe sushi- nope, let them crabs reproduce!
  • tapirfrog
    tapirfrog Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt. It's the texture. It gets to my tonsils and GUCK comes right back up.

Falafel.
  • krennie8
    krennie8 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    so with you on the greek yogurt. I tried it thinking it'd be the best thing ever, and it was horrible! I'll stick with my flavored light n'fit Dannon, thanks.

???

There's very little else I find abhorrent. Well, any "fad" stuff I don't care for. No smoothies, meal replacements, protein shakes, etc.
  • supermysza
    supermysza Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I hate lettuce based salads. Lettuce is fine as an accessory to a sandwich but not as the key ingredient of a meal.
  • climbing_trees
    climbing_trees Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Olive oil.

I can't stand it in anything, cooked or not cooked. It tastes and smells like cardboard. ~yuck~
  • nikkylyn
    nikkylyn Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    spaghetti squash... yuck.

I have never tried kale. I love spinach I dont like change so I dont wanna try it. LOL.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower!!!!! Hate that stuff!!!!! :sick:
  • Keiras_Mom
    Keiras_Mom Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Cantaloupe is disgusting.
    Durian is even MORE disgusting.
  • UsaJewels05
    UsaJewels05 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Greek Yogurt!
  • Hernandeak11
    Hernandeak11 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Peanut Butter, Greek Yogurt, Celery
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    i agree on raw carrots although i just ate some baby carrots but had them with ranch dip.
    i don't mind all the other stuff you mentioned, i pretty much like all fruits and veggies.

have you tried to make your own hummus ever? i like it much better than any of the packaged stuff. unless it's a texture thing for you then you prolly never will like it. i loveeeee hummus though spinach artichoke is my fave.
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    oh and plain yogurt. i mean i will eat it if it is there, and i buy it plain but i have to flavor it with fruit or chocolate protein powder or honey or something. my mom chows down on plain yogurt. blech.
  • KateRunsColorado
    KateRunsColorado Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I've been trying to buy the "healthier" lettuce mixes to make salads with - such as kale and spinach blends...and as much as I try, I just don't like it. I feel like I'm eating leaves and grass...I think what I hate the most is that the stems are so long...that's the worst part.

I'll stick with my romaine, thank you!

Also - sweet potatoes...I SO wish I liked them since they are better for you than regular potatoes...but I just can't bring myself to like them no matter what I try.