What are some popular healthy foods that you hate?

Options

Replies

• LidijaR
    LidijaR Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Gosh guys - it must be something very different in USA. I love all the foods mentioned in this thread, especially beets, celery, mushrooms, olives, cottage cheese, hummus.
    Maybe you didn't try a proper ones or I don't know. I am buying cottage cheese in Eastern European shops, it is not savoury but neutral taste, add some Greek yogurt, some fresh berries and its divine. Mushrooms - did you ever try wild mushrooms like boletus or chanterelle? Its sooo nice in risotto.
  • obrientp
    obrientp Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Kale
    Celery
    Fish except for tuna in the pouch
    Cilantro
    Lettuces except for iceberg and romaine
  • rjmwx81
    rjmwx81 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Yogurt. Any yogurt. Greek or otherwise. I just can't get past the "tang" of it...just doesn't work for me. Yet, oddly enough, I like sour cream. I think I might be weird.

Mushrooms and olives are a no-go; same with cauliflower. Other than that I'm pretty okay with most vegetables.
  • yuuen
    yuuen Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Grapefruit.

It reminds me too much of the taste in my mouth right before I puke.
    Thank you for perfectly summing up why I hate grapefruit. I could never quite put my finger on it before.
  • brittsway
    brittsway Posts: 12
    Options
    Chick peas and mushrooms I just can't quite handle. Also, coconut water is absolutely disgusting (not a food though).
  • pettychia
    pettychia Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Mine are celery and mushrooms, hate them both with a passion!!!

SOUL SISTER!!!
  • timbiden
    timbiden Posts: 21
    Options
    I love hummus!

Hate kale and cauliflower.

I agree on all points. I'd need to add that I despise mushrooms and cooked fish.
    But gimme some sushi and I'll rip right through it!
  • mbeuchert24
    mbeuchert24 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    DO NOT LIKE (still as strong as hate? lol)

Cottage Cheese
    Mushrooms
    Beets

I used to not like brussell sprouts, but I found a recipe/cooking method in which I can tolerate them

I have never tried kale or quinoa, but neither interests me.

I love celery, but I love adding it as a crunch factor to tuna salad and in stir fry or some chinese foods. Not a fan of it as a vessel for ranch or peanut butter LOL
  • mbeuchert24
    Options
    Chick peas and mushrooms I just can't quite handle. Also, coconut water is absolutely disgusting (not a food though).

I heard all this raving on coconut water, bought a container to try and it was the most disgusting thing I have ever had to drink! I think I barely got a sip out of it.
  • rabblerabble
    rabblerabble Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Sweet potatoes and yams. They're considered a super food by many, but I just don't care for them at all.
  • suziepoo1984
    suziepoo1984 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    I guess Celery
  • mbeuchert24
    Options
    I hate light dressings, especially ranch. I'd actually rather eat the salad plain if the only option is light ranch.

this

this except for raspberry vinagarette...my husband bought me a sugar free one the other day...5 cals for 2 tbs...and it is delicious! Any other dressing has to be full flavor!
  • tapirfrog
    tapirfrog Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    So ... my special Mushroom, Celery, and Kale Smoothie wouldn't be welcome here, then?

*sniffle*
  • cclarkcts
    cclarkcts Posts: 97
    Options
    Tofu :grumble: gross
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    -cottage cheese (can't get past the texture and look)
    -celery
    -rice crackers (like eating cardboard)
  • daj150
    daj150 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Brussel Sprouts, sweet potatoes, oatmeal (every kind), yogurt especially Greek
  • trislaveck
    Options
    Quinoa. I tasted a yummy tabouleh style salad at a store once but that was it. I've cooked it a couple of ways with various flavors, rinsed/not rinsed, etc. The taste is OK, but it's the texture and the way it curls into little worms, LOL. I love beans and other whole grains, so I'll stick with those and try it again another time.

PS I actually love pretty much all the other stuff: hummus, kale, etc.
  • Erica0718
    Erica0718 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    hummas, tried to like it but I don't think I ever will

sweet potatoes, never liked them
  • bciloveme2014
    bciloveme2014 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I pretty much like everything, but tofu.
  • kimmymayhall
    kimmymayhall Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I like just about all the foods, so I like most of the healthy foods.
    Amaranth - it's not much different than quinoa (which I like) but I've tried eating a few times and just don't like it, works fine in breads.
    Coconut water - so gross that I've only tried it once, perhaps other brands are better.
    Soy Joy bars - it's been a couple years since I had one, I hope they've improved the recipe because they were just terrible.