What are some popular healthy foods that you hate?

Options

Replies

• Slim_strategy
    Options
    I agree with celery, it's so bitter >.>
  • brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Buckwheat. It smells like puke and no matter how you spice it and what you add, it's just vile. So many people like this thing. Can't stand it!

Also chestnuts: everyone loves this thing. It's low calorie and I guess it's healthy, but this warm sweetness is just horrible and disgusting.
  • hmaddpear
    hmaddpear Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter. And nuts in general. Cannot stand the taste or texture.

Anything that's had the fat stripped out to make it 'healthy'. That also takes all the taste and interest out of it. (And then the manufacturers add sugar, as insult to injury! :laugh: )

I'm also with Seltzermint on a certain type of salad that was touted 'back in day'. To this day I cannot eat iceberg lettuce, tomato and cucumber together. *blech*
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower tastes like someone attacked a poor, innocent broccoli stalk with bleach, to me.

Brussels sprouts taste exactly like they smell. This is not a good thing.
  • crispsandwich
    crispsandwich Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    porridge , it's the work of the devil
  • kellehbeans
    kellehbeans Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Avocado
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    Avocado, Cauliflower, beets, brussell sprouts.. and Kale.. Kale isn't food. It's what you use to decorate food.

edited because I can't spell.
  • viviyueyue
    Options
    Raw carrots and Celery.. the smell of celery makes me gag >.<
  • yuuen
    yuuen Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    When it comes to bread, I will choose anything but the almighty whole wheat.

Quinoa can suck it, too.
  • CharleePear
    CharleePear Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options
    Black beans! Why do people insist on having them in so many dishes? Kale is gross in the wrong way, salads are hard for me to eat unless I cover it with meat with flavouring like my famous lemon chicken salad. I hate barley, chia seeds, carob, brussel sprouts, cauliflower, yams, avocado by itself, coriander (or cilantro) in too bigger amounts, onions or any kind, radishes, quinoa by itself tomatos give me a sore mouth, I am fussy with eggplant, I hate kumara (comes from my country sort of like sweet potato but its not)...there are so many things!
  • dodochoga
    dodochoga Posts: 33
    Options
    I hate light dressings, especially ranch. I'd actually rather eat the salad plain if the only option is light ranch.

this
  • RoastyToasty
    RoastyToasty Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Kale. Just can't do it. Also every dried fruit. Ewww. There was nothing wrong with those beautiful grapes, why petrify them into yucky raisins...
  • SakuraRose13
    SakuraRose13 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Celery tried it yesterday after 10 plus years of staying away from it cant stand the stringiness at all and tastes like air
  • lamps1303
    lamps1303 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Avocado
    Celery
    :sick:

ETA: forgot the almighty mushrooms. Look and texture is awful. Especially mushroom soup - looks like the cockroach smoothie on I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here (UK TV show)
  • jamillahfitgirl
    Options
    Don't like okra, eggplant, raw celery, rice cakes, if you consider rice cakes healthy, and seaweed. But I absolutely LOVE raw kale. I eat it raw in my salads almost everyday, but I can understand why many don't like it. It doesn't have the same taste as other greens.
  • GillianMcK
    GillianMcK Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I used to hate Greek yogurt, but have gound one by Rowanglen that has a layer of strawberry compote on the bottom and I could live on the stuff.
    Don't like hummus or cous cous (texture more than taste).
  • I_GoT_ThIs
    I_GoT_ThIs Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    kale is digusting- how they can even sell it as food I have no idea.

I LOVE Kale!! It took some getting used to but certain ways it totally takes the bitterness out.
  • katielauren2001
    katielauren2001 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Raw celery, wish I could like it. It has a horrible aftertaste, not to mention the watery texture.

I'm working on quinoa but the texture is so off-putting.
  • lavendy17
    lavendy17 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Grapefruit.

It reminds me too much of the taste in my mouth right before I puke.
    (To those who worry- I've suffered from migraines and sometime those ended in nausea. Luckily good nutrition solved that.)
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    spaghetti squash is rancid