What are some popular healthy foods that you hate?

Options

Replies

• MapleFlavouredMaiden
    MapleFlavouredMaiden Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Anything with soy. Any sort of milk alternative. I don't actually think these things are healthy but many people think they are.
  • mbeuchert24
    mbeuchert24 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Chick peas and mushrooms I just can't quite handle. Also, coconut water is absolutely disgusting (not a food though).

I heard all this raving on coconut water, bought a container to try and it was the most disgusting thing I have ever had to drink! I think I barely got a sip out of it.
    Same thing happened to me. I'd heard such great things, bought a small box of it, took a swig, and spat it out immediately. How do people drink that crap?

I've even had to drink that stupid syrup for glucose testing, a total of 7 times in 3 pregnancies...and coconut water is still worse!
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Snickerdoodles.
  • Anonycatgirl
    Anonycatgirl Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I started reading this thread out of curiosity and realized I can't think of any foods I hate. Some, like celery and collards, I won't go out of my way to eat, and there are a couple of things I simply can't eat (but like the way they taste right up until the violent reaction starts!) But hate? No. Does that make me weird?
  • NotFab40
    NotFab40 Posts: 13
    Options
    Nutella
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Nutella

lol not sure that is considered a health food- but yeah it doesn't do it for me either.

I have no idea why people are so obsessed over it.
  • MB2MN
    MB2MN Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Bananas, cottage cheese and jello. It's all about the texture.
  • _N41LS_
    _N41LS_ Posts: 14
    Options
    I like all the FOODS!!!!!!!!!!
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    Kale
    Quinoa
    Hummus

Hate. Them.
  • krawhitham
    krawhitham Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    I don't hate any food. I guess that's what got me here...
  • atse_
    atse_ Posts: 5
    Options
    Plain yogurt, greek yogurt
    Celery
    Plain oatmeal
    Cereal with No added sugar
    Wholemeal bread
    Chicken breast
  • piejin
    piejin Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    A part of my soul has died to find out that so many people don't like sweet potatoes. They are easily in my top 5 favorite foods! It's like nature's candy!
  • WickedPineapple
    WickedPineapple Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I'm an incredibly picky eater and I'm weird about texture, so I hate just about everything! :wink: I'm content eating the same or similar things everyday though and am satisfied by most bland food.

1. vegetables... all of them except raw spinach, raw carrots, steamed green beans, and tomato sauce/marinara
    2. sea food... I can tolerate small, deep fried versions (popcorn shrimp, fish sticks)
    3. mushrooms
    4. bananas, any kind of melon, oranges (LOVE the smell though)
    5. sushi
    6. potatoes
  • MountainMama1000
    Options
    I must be really weird. I love almost all vegetables, meat, dairy, fruits, grains and beans. The only meat I absolutely will not eat is emu. I'm here to tell you it's the nastiest thing I have ever eaten. Tried elk a few times and wasn't a big fan. I have a feeling the person who gave it to us had had it in the freezer a bit too long and that may have been the problem.
    I guess I'm what is known as an easy keeper.
  • JG762
    JG762 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Celery… No way no matter what the form or how it’s prepared.
    Kale/Spinach etc, The way it looks when cooked turns me off not to mention the texture.
    Raw Onions , Pineapple & Coconut just to name a few.
  • MountainMama1000
    Options
    It's nice to know there are others out there like me.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I don't hate any food. I guess that's what got me here...

I totally LOLed.
  • Chimis_Siq
    Chimis_Siq Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Dried seaweed. WTF is that stuff. Tastes like a rotten fish.
  • sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    l love most of the foods mentioned, ESPECIALLY KALE! MMM!!

The ones I can't get with are possibly beets, and I don't think I would like quinoa but i've never tried it.

PEAS ARE THE BANE OF MY EXISTENCE. I pick them out of everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Obviously you've never had homegrown peas... wonderful. Canned peas, or any canned vegetable, are horrible. And spiced golden beets with ginger, foil wrapped and crockpot roasted, oh my goodness... bring it on.

You don't know what I have eaten. I just hate peas. So LET ME HATE THEM. lol
  • robmlisanti
    robmlisanti Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I despise Beets and Tripe!