Has anyone tried Herbalife? What is your opinion?

Options
12346»

Replies

• RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    wait so McDonald's and Coke can advertise to kids but Herbalife shouldn't? Hmmmm.

LOL!!!! EXACTLY!

:huh:

We should advocate teaching kids to drink meals rather than how to eat?

RGv2 pretty sure you're so ready and armed for a stupid pathetic MFP argument that you missed my point entirely. Trog too. Both companies are ridiculous for targeting kids. However, McDonald’s spends MILLIONS targeting our little ones. What do you have to say about that? Ah! I can’t believe I’m wasting my time here haha. I think when get to the point where you troll health forums looking to pick an internet fight, you should reevaluate your life. Later y'all.

Nope, just advocate teaching kids how to eat, and that McDonalds can be enjoyed in moderation. Not sure how trying to instill in kids that drinking a meal (or 3) is a good thing.
  • greeneyes972
    Options
    wait so McDonald's and Coke can advertise to kids but Herbalife shouldn't? Hmmmm.

LOL!!!! EXACTLY!

:huh:

We should advocate teaching kids to drink meals rather than how to eat?

RGv2 pretty sure you're so ready and armed for a stupid pathetic MFP argument that you missed my point entirely. Trog too. Both companies are ridiculous for targeting kids. However, McDonald’s spends MILLIONS targeting our little ones. What do you have to say about that? Ah! I can’t believe I’m wasting my time here haha. I think when get to the point where you troll health forums looking to pick an internet fight, you should reevaluate your life. Later y'all.

funny, you seem to be the only one here defending herbalife. Wonder why that might be.
    Sorry we wrecked your sales pitch too, princess.

Wow you are so irritating. "Princess"? Could you be any more condescending? You seem to be intelligent enough, but holy hell you are rude. And in checking your posts, it appears dozens - possibly even hundreds - of people tell you the same thing every week. I can tell you are quite proud of your rudeness, which says a lot about you as a man.

Did you even read my post reviewing the product? I had a comment all typed up earlier today and ready to direct it at your negativity, but then I decided to take the time and review your posts. In perusing your posts, I discovered that sometimes, you're actually helpful! So I didn't post my comment. And now here you are again. How about you go do the same? How about you make informed accusations? Is that too much to ask? Apparently so. So I thought I’d clear it up for you:

NO, I am not a distributor, nor have I ever been a distributor. So you didn't ruin any sales pitch, honey, because there wasn’t one. Yes, I used Herbalife for about 3 WEEKS in the past. No, I do not currently use it. I stopped using it because I did not like what it was doing to my hormones. I listed all of the side effects I experienced in my original post which you were too lazy to go read.

You are an internet bully, which you get called out for about once a day. So you don't like Herbalife... so how about you whine about it all day? Oh wait! You already do!

I added you because I was new to the forums and I saw a post for beginners. I thought you would be a good person to know. Then I saw how you and your buddies harass people all day long. You'd post something rude, or rude gifs, or rude pics, then you'd all discuss it and talk about how funny you were! It was sad and concerning to see such bullying go on amongst adults like that, which is exactly why I deleted you. I came here for positivity and encouragement; I’m pretty sure that’s why everyone comes to the forums! You can have a differing opinion without being a complete and total jerk. Novel idea, huh? The original poster on this thread was looking for reviews. I posted exactly that: MY EXPERIENCE. I should have known better, because if there is an argument to be found, “Trogalicious” is there to sniff it out!

Trog, you're a bully. You are one who seeks out internet fights, which is even worse than an actual real life bully, although I’m sure you are that way in real life as well. Grow up. Be the helpful guy I know you can be, and leave the bullying for the school yard. I'm sure you'll have a lovely comment in return, but honestly, I couldn’t care less. Maybe you’ll say something about how tough love comes across as bullying, or sarcasm doesn't convey well on the internet, as is your response to all of the people who call you a bully on a daily basis. I’m also sure you and your little internet friends are going to have a field day with my comment, but I really don’t care. I can't even believe I've wasted my time typing this out. Hopefully you lighten up. Or at least know what you're talking about before you make accusations. :) Have a great day, Trog.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    and this is after checking my posts?

I'm sorry you don't have anything beneficial to add to the conversation about herbalife. Since you've checked my post history, all 3000+ posts, I'm sure you must have missed the ones that are helping folks out.

...but internet bully? really? you're just... man, your fingers must just be sore from slapping that keyboard.
  • lablamires
    lablamires Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Here's a thought, OP.

Say you take it, and it works. That's awesome. You get hooked on meal replacement garbage that's putting money in the pocket of other folks, since it's yet another MLM scheme.

That's your prerogative. I think it's dumb and so do many other people here...

but take it from this angle:

What happens when it doesn't exist anymore? The magic shakes are gone. What then?

You have two choices at that point. Food, like most people... or hunting for the next miracle.

Now, you're gonna have plenty of "coaches" showing up here to sell you harder on the product. Probably messaging you to death... but that's par for the course. You're also gonna have people here that have lost a lot of weight without gimmicks/fads/shakes or anything other than just... yup... you guessed it... food.

ETA: oh, and the "coaches" are really easy to find. If they don't send you private messages about how you can lose with their stuff, they'll show up here and get really... really butthurt that someone is here to try to talk you out of trying their product.

+1

Well, you were definitely right about the private messages... :ohwell:
    Just to clear some things up, one of my friends started selling it, and I was just looking to see if the product really actually made any sense. The fact that stood out to me the most was this one...
    Hey! About 6-7 years ago I used Herbalife and I lost about 70 pounds. However, after a while it felt like a diet. Guess what I gained it alllll back!...2 shakes a day plus one meal, yes offcourse you will loooose weight. This does not promote a lifestyle change, only temp for a period of time. Ive also tried Bernstein!, Silly me I gained it allll back. so Im talking from experience. nahhhhhh don't do it, just continue on MFP so you wont feel deprived. This site promotes a lifestyle change and a way to learn moderation!

That's what I thought.
    Herbalife makes you reliant on their product so that when you lose the weight you were wanting to lose and then try to go back to eating normal food you just gain back allllllll the weight. Good to know :)

Well, thanks for the laughs, though I feel like some people were being a little unnecessarily mean, but it had it's funny moments.