How much do you tip your dentist?

Options

Replies

• Perplexities
    Perplexities Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I think we don't even can tip teh dentist cause the bills are mostly being done by 3th parties and you need to pay the exact amount for it be administrative correct.

Also, if you have a high package on your healthcare most bills are directly send to insurance and they pay it for you, not all bills, but regular check-ups are

Yeah, So that just leaves the tip.
  • Perplexities
    Options
    I think we don't even can tip teh dentist cause the bills are mostly being done by 3th parties and you need to pay the exact amount for it be administrative correct.

Also, if you have a high package on your healthcare most bills are directly send to insurance and they pay it for you, not all bills, but regular check-ups are

They are not allowed to take money, it's all bureacratic here.

Besides like i said before, myself i pay around 500 euro a year for dentist care and i only have like 2 check ups of 5 minuts...

It works totally different over here then in US, can't compare it

I bet the checkups would be a lot more thorough if you tipped..
    Do you think the dentist doesn't remember you?
    You're the guy who NEVER tips.

My checkups take about 17-25 minutes, and are VERY thorough.
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options

Just out of interest, what is your current job?
  • Perplexities
    Options

Hahaha, now you are just crackin me up...

You are not even reading what i say, and you think everything works like it does in US...

We can't tip over here, besides i would not even tip over here for what i already pay on healthcare
    Normal costs for a check up (average) around here is somewhat between 45-60 euro
    I have 2 check ups so means roughly 120 euro a year

I pay over 500... would say i pay way more then you tip...

25% of 60 euros is 15.00
    You can't afford 15.00 to tip?
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options

They are not allowed to take money, it's all bureacratic here.

Besides like i said before, myself i pay around 500 euro a year for dentist care and i only have like 2 check ups of 5 minuts...

It works totally different over here then in US, can't compare it

Nobody in the US tips the damned dentist. You're smoking something.
  • smantha32
    Options

You are not even reading what i say, and you think everything works like it does in US...

Dude, it's just him. People in the US don't and are not expected to tip the dentist. Or GPs, or eyedoctors or any other healthcare people.
  • Perplexities
    Options
    I have no idea how it works in US, assumed he did tip the dentist.

Just wanted to explain we can't and don't tip over here

You're not reading correctly, you tip 25% of your visit costs.

So it's 25% of whatever you pay at the time of your visit.
  • Perplexities
    Options

Dude, it's just him. People in the US don't and are not expected to tip the dentist. Or GPs, or eyedoctors or any other healthcare people.

And I bet you think long waits at the Doctors office, or Dentist for you are coincidental as well?

I have plenty of family members in the medical field, and my fiancee is an MD.

When I entered this thread I was initially embarrassed that the OP didn't know the correct amount to tip. Now I'm astounded at the number of people posting In This Thread that don't tip at all.
  • smantha32
    Options

And I bet you think long waits at the Doctors office, or Dentist for you are coincidental as well?

I was embarrassed that the OP didn't know the correct amount to tip. Now I'm astounded at how many people posting In This Thread, that don't tip at all.

Such ignorance.

Yeah you can kiss @ss any way you choose... but the rest of us aren't tipping people who make 3x what the rest of us do. Not to mention the fact that it's probably illegal..

And try changing your username to something that isn't an STD. :smile:
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Seriously??

whos tips dentists/doctors??

(I'm from Ireland, we don't do THAT here!)

actually WHAT IS THIS TIPPING you're all talking about? :-D
  • Perplexities
    Options

I was embarrassed that the OP didn't know the correct amount to tip. Now I'm astounded at how many people posting In This Thread, that don't tip at all.

Such ignorance.

Yeah you can kiss @ss any way you choose... but the rest of us aren't tipping people who make 3x what the rest of us do. Not to mention the fact that it's probably illegal..

And try changing your username to something that isn't an STD. :smile:

No thanks, and my username isn't an STD, maybe if you tipped your Doctor you would have been Properly diagnosed with Dyslexia years ago..

Stay Safe.
  • xdinmammasMFPx
    Options
    The beauty of living in Sweden: you don't have to tip ANYONE. Sure, if service or food was excellent you can tip at a restaurant, many round up when paying a cab fare, but it's not compulsory. That's what the so called salary is for.

sal·a·ry
    noun \ˈsal-rē, ˈsa-lə-\

: an amount of money that an employee is paid each year
    plural sal·a·ries
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    First of all, I think that in alot of western countries--the tip is already "included", shall we say, in the high expense of health care. Secondly, I know that dental work costs alot less in Romania because I live in Italy, and alot of people travel there to get dental work done because it's alot cheaper.
  • Perplexities
    Options
    The beauty of living in Sweden: you don't have to tip ANYONE. Sure, if service or food was excellent you can tip at a restaurant, many round up when paying a cab fare, but it's not compulsory. That's what the so called salary is for.

sal·a·ry
    noun \ˈsal-rē, ˈsa-lə-\

: an amount of money that an employee is paid each year
    plural sal·a·ries

No one implied you HAVE to tip, if you HAD to tip it wouldn't be a "TIP" it would be a fee.

The OP was simply asking if 20% was a good amount to tip his Dentist.
    (It's not, I tip 25%) but compared to other people in this thread 20% is a lot more than they give.
  • smantha32
    Options

No thanks, and my username isn't an STD, maybe if you tipped your Doctor you would have been Properly diagnosed with Dyslexia years ago..

Stay Safe.

Hate to break it to you, but "chlamydia" is a sexually transmitted disease.

http://www.cdc.gov/std/chlamydia/stdfact-chlamydia.htm
  • Perplexities
    Options
    First of all, I think that in alot of western countries--the tip is already "included", shall we say, in the high expense of health care. Secondly, I know that dental work costs alot less in Romania because I live in Italy, and alot of people travel there to get dental work done because it's alot cheaper.

Think again.
  • Perplexities
    Options

Stay Safe.

Re-read my user name, then see my previous statement.
  • nenshali
    nenshali Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I am from Germany and I worked in a hospital for some time.. I can confirm that we were NOT allowed to accept any gifts, be it money or other gifts. Not even me as a small girl who does an internship, but surely not the doctors.
    Well, if someone brought us some coffee or maybe chocolate, we considered to accept it, but theoretically it is not the right thing to do and no doctor I know would be angry about getting a tip; actually, I think they would be much more irritated if someone did this.

Here, nobody tips the doctor and it is not a rude thing to do. I always tip my waiters etc., but it is simply inapproriate to do this when going to the doctor. At least, it is like this THERE. I am not saying that it is this way all over the world, because it isn't.
    My parents are from Croatia and I know it's different there, as well. But that's out of comparison.
  • smantha32
    Options

Stay Safe.

Re-read my user name, then see my previous statement.

Yeah I can read dude.. so you dropped the A and added brah. You're still an STD. :smile: