Bra Sizes *ladies*

Options
(This for future reference, after I lose the weight!) What was your beginning and current bra size (it would be helpful if you included height, starting weight, and current weight!)

Replies

• Liss_Bee
    Liss_Bee Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    No one person will be the same, so it will not give you any information if you know what anyone else has lost or gained. We all lose and gain weight differently. =/
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Most women wear the wrong bra size, actually. So in addition to what Liss_Bee said, this information won't be of much help.
  • thatfitgeek
    thatfitgeek Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    No one person will be the same, so it will not give you any information if you know what anyone else has lost or gained. We all lose and gain weight differently. =/

I know, I was just curious, lol. I was hoping I could find a pattern or maybe someone with the same build as me to see what to expect. Thanks though(:!
  • tayloryay
    tayloryay Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Well I'll give you an actual answer since no one else wants to! And I know my correct size, haha.

Starting bra: 32G
    Current bra: 30E
    Height: 5'5"
    Hourglass body type
    Starting weight: 152
    Current weight: 124

I've definitely lost quite a bit from my bust, but I'm not entirely disappointed about that, haha. Though they're looking a little deflated lately. Hopefully the skin will bounce back a bit.
  • tapirfrog
    tapirfrog Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    I think women who are morbidly obese, as I was, especially will wear the wrong bra size because the whole issue of measuring or having someone measure you is so incredibly fraught and misery-making.

Example: I wore a 46D when I was at my heaviest; it was the wrong size but it sort of went around me when I picked it up at Target and that's all I cared about. I now wear a 38DDD because to celebrate losing weight I finally got properly fitted.

My boobs are a lot smaller than they were, but the change from 46D to 38DDD makes it look like they grew like the Grinch's heart. They didn't. They shrank significantly. It was the measuring method that changed.
  • thatfitgeek
    Options
    Well I'll give you an actual answer since no one else wants to! And I know my correct size, haha.

Hourglass body type

I've definitely lost quite a bit from my bust, but I'm not entirely disappointed about that, haha. Though they're looking a little deflated lately. Hopefully the skin will bounce back a bit.

Thank you(:!
  • thatfitgeek
    Options
    I think women who are morbidly obese, as I was, especially will wear the wrong bra size because the whole issue of measuring or having someone measure you is so incredibly fraught and misery-making.

Example: I wore a 46D when I was at my heaviest; it was the wrong size but it sort of went around me when I picked it up at Target and that's all I cared about. I now wear a 38DDD because to celebrate losing weight I finally got properly fitted.

My boobs are a lot smaller than they were, but the change from 46D to 38DDD makes it look like they grew like the Grinch's heart. They didn't. They shrank significantly. It was the measuring method that changed.

Thanks so much(:!
  • Jchambers1130
    Jchambers1130 Posts: 173 Member
    Options

Hourglass body type

At 5'5 holy crap, I'll pray for you.
  • CarolinkaCjj
    CarolinkaCjj Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Working on getting back to 46 land. Go get a professional fitting - it is AMAZING! You will be shocked (the first time I did it, I threw out the bra I was wearing). I have some from when I was just a little bit lighter than I am now - hoping to fit them again in about a month. My most recent set of bras are too big and getting worn out - had some I ordered on line that were too small and now fit.

Looking forward to going to see my bra lady in DC for a new fitting in the summer - hopefully smaller :blushing:
  • Liss_Bee
    Liss_Bee Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I'll tell you my sizes, I don't care about that. Just it's not going to do YOU any good.

SW - 207.8 / bra size 39D
    CW - 154.3 / bra size 36C

See everyone is different and everyone will be different. No way to get a estimate because every woman is built differently.
  • tayloryay
    tayloryay Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    At 5'5 holy crap, I'll pray for you.
    Hahaha, thanks! I have a lot less shoulder/back pain, and I can actually run painlessly now!! It's really nice, haha.
  • aplhabetacheesecake
    aplhabetacheesecake Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    At my heaviest 213 I needed to buy my bras from the plus size clothing store and I wore a C38
    Now I weigh 195 and I can shop at the regular bra stores and am a D 38 there....the fit and cut is different so I know its the bra and not that I went up in size lol
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Most women wear the wrong bra size, actually. So in addition to what Liss_Bee said, this information won't be of much help.

^ This.

So far, my overall volume hasn't really changed, but then my statistics are totally skewed by having stuck myself into Target and VS bras for so long. I was wearing a 36D/34DD at my heaviest, and now I wear a 30E/F most consistently (though I still have 30FF bras that work, I've just recently lost .5" off my bust without losing under the underbust, so I consider the 30F closer, and wear 30Es for the extra oomph).

Glad to see some proper fitting bra sizes here :smooched:
  • thatfitgeek
    Options
    I'll tell you my sizes, I don't care about that. Just it's not going to do YOU any good.

SW - 207.8 / bra size 39D
    CW - 154.3 / bra size 36C

See everyone is different and everyone will be different. No way to get a estimate because every woman is built differently.

I appreciate your input. I WAS JUST CURIOUS. If it bothers you, don't answer. Thanks.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I was wearing a 36DD, most likely the improper size, and now measure into a 32DDD/34DD, depending.

5'3", 165 to 137ish
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    Oh. This is depressing for me to admit. 38C to I honestly don't know 32/34 B maybe? My boobs have left the building lol.
    5'3.5" SW:170 CW: 115
  • AlliSteff
    AlliSteff Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    ok here goes

5'-3" - hourglass

Started at 149 lb and 36C
    Now around 140 and 32DD
  • Cryren8972
    Cryren8972 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Currently, I'm at one of my heaviest weights. But I can give you an idea as to weights and bra sizes I had in the past. I want to add that my breasts seem to be the LAST place to lose weight.

Currently 195 40DD
    175 38DD
    158 36DD
    148 36D
    127 34D
    115 32C
    I'm 5'4

I was very excited to hit a C cup. With me, as you can see, the measurements around my chest went down before my cup size.
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    LOL! So have mine, the poor little things.[

quote]
    Oh. This is depressing for me to admit. 38C to I honestly don't know 32/34 B maybe? My boobs have left the building lol.
    5'3.5" SW:170 CW: 115
    [/quote]
  • xemmyx94
    xemmyx94 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've always been a small frame on top, and before I started weigh gloss a few years ago, I went from a 30D and 126 pounds down to 98 pounds and a 30C. So not much! Now at a much healthier weight of 112 pounds, my bra size is a 30E/F, but it's all relative personally, a major difference for me, may be the pill...