Bra Sizes *ladies*

Options

Replies

• mildammm
    mildammm Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'9"

Starting bra (properly measured): 32GG

Current bra: 30F (but since that's hard to get, I opt for 32DDD or 34DD because they're cheaper)

SW: 196.4 lbs

CW: 149.0 lbs

Yeah, they're pretty deflated lately... Pretty sure the last 5 lbs came off straight from the bust. Hopefully the skin will tighten up a little over time as I'm pretty close to my GW.
  • MrsB123111
    MrsB123111 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    At my starting weight of 273lbs, I was a 42DD. Now at 151lbs, I am a 34D.
  • tristaj90
    tristaj90 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Starting 234 lbs (4 months after having a baby) I was a 38D.. Currently (2 years after starting MFP) I'm a 36B..
    ETA: Current weight 132.5
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    36C

Dropped 60 pounds

34C or 32D
  • TripZeros
    TripZeros Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9"
    Starting Weight: 225 lbs
    Starting Bra size: 40 E

Current weight: 169 lbs
    Current Bra size: 36 DD
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    44 years old, 5'2

SW: 230

Bra size: 38DD

CW: 119

Bra size: 34C
  • silversgurl
    Options
    Mine was a 42EE now i'm down to a 36 D, I am five foot three and 160 lbs
  • laratonacoco
    laratonacoco Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Height : 5'8

Before Weight : 150

Size : 36 A

Current Weight : 129

Size : 32 A
  • LTKeegan
    LTKeegan Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    First off, I'm down 11lbs and my boobs are the same size. 32B (I've been that size since I was 115lbs, so I'm not expecting much movement there)

This is not what you asked, but maybe helpful:

When you get closer to your goal weight, if you start strengthening your pecs, those muscles can give you some "lift" and make your boobs look a little perkier without actually gaining much volume. So something to keep in mind since you're worried about losing your boobies :)
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    10 pounds and I'm a slightly less full C.
  • smanning1982
    smanning1982 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Well I wear a 38DDD but my cup size shouldn't change much since they aren't real ;) Before I gained the weight I am trying to lose I was a 34DDD
  • Anelda
    Anelda Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    When I was at my highest, I was improperly measured by a VS employee at 38DD. I hated those bras.

I'm now sitting at ~135 lbs, and I'm properly sized to 32E. I'm also full on bottom, so I can really only wear balconette bras and I can't just fill out the top of plunge or demi cups. My sister sizes are a 34DD or a 36C as these have the same volume as a 32E. However, I just do not fit properly into a 36C.
  • Lauren8239
    Lauren8239 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    You people fall for it every time :laugh:
  • evilpixiegrrr
    Options
    A couple years ago I lost 35 lbs. I went from 34 E to 32 E.
  • quiltlady77
    quiltlady77 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Where on earth do you find these odd cup sizes like DDD or g or f. I don't need them I'm just curious. I am currently a 36D, not much change with 20#'s, guess it came off somewhere else.
  • mildammm
    Options
    Check out post below for an explanation.
  • mildammm
    Options
    Where on earth do you find these odd cup sizes like DDD or g or f. I don't need them I'm just curious. I am currently a 36D, not much change with 20#'s, guess it came off somewhere else.

US bra manufacturers don't have their **** together when it comes to anything bigger than a D. UK manufacturers do. Therefore, most of the bras in "irregular" sizes come from the UK. You order them online or go to boutique lingerie shops that import their stuff.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

They're not odd cup sizes. :ohwell:

Most "good" lingerie stores and/or manufacturers include band sizes 28-44, cup sizes AAA-H+. 26 bands or bands higher than 44 are considered "odd' sizes and generally need to come from different countries (Japan and Poland come to mind). Same with cup sizing that gets into the J/I range.

The problem is that so many women THINK an F or a DDD cup are "odd" because they don't venture beyond Victoria's Secret or Sears. Women fit themselves into poor fitting bras based on a variety of reasons, including untrained "fitters" fitting them, societal influence (Pamela Anderson has claimed to be a DD cup before... lolz; she's not. Tom Cruise isn't 5'8". Etc.), etc.

It turns into a vicious cycle where women just get what's available, manufacturers keep feeding those sizes, and since that becomes what's "most available" or "easiest," women just keep buying. In the meantime, you have so many women insecure about their breasts because they're not properly supporting them, they're depressed about a size (I've seen people wearing 34As find out their actually 30DDs), and get shirty when they see someone else claim a bra size they're unfamiliar with (Not you, but I've personally had someone on MFP tell me I was lying about my bra size because of their ignorance on the subject).

And, of course, not wearing a bra is fine, too... but wearing one is great, as well! If you're wearing the right size :wink:

/rant
  • Anelda
    Anelda Posts: 99 Member
    Options

Because most women in the U.S. have no flippin clue their actual size. US bra manufacturer's are crap. I order ALL my bra's from Brastop online, which is a UK based company. Buying from there is still cheaper than one bra from a US specialty boutique.

Seriously, these next links might be the best resources on the net:
    http://www.reddit.com/r/ABraThatFits/wiki/beginners_guide
    http://www.reddit.com/r/ABraThatFits/wiki/fit_guide
    http://www.reddit.com/r/ABraThatFits/wiki/shape_guide

A visual guide on how to fit:
    http://i.imgur.com/lAWWlll.png
  • allbarrett
    allbarrett Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    SW: 148 lbs
    CW: 120 lbs

I'm 5'5" with an hourglass figure

bra (properly measured): 34/36B (no change)