Bra Sizes *ladies*

Options

Replies

• FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    Where on earth do you find these odd cup sizes like DDD or g or f. I don't need them I'm just curious. I am currently a 36D, not much change with 20#'s, guess it came off somewhere else.

Speciality order.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    Pardon me, but I just can't believe how many of you have such large breasts. i had to put on 50 pounds to get to a B cup!

Are you sure you are wearing the right size? I'm no bra genie, but you look larger than a B cup!
  • brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    140 pounds to 108 pounds. 36DD to 32/34C.

ETA: I'm 5'2"
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Pardon me, but I just can't believe how many of you have such large breasts. i had to put on 50 pounds to get to a B cup!

Are you sure you are wearing the right size? I'm no bra genie, but you look larger than a B cup!

After a gander through your picture gallery, arabian, I really agree with this!
  • veronicarose
    veronicarose Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    i've lost 10 pounds and my boobs got bigger. i'm 24 years old.
    bra size starting: 34D? something like that!
    bra size now: 32DD
    height: 4'11"
    weight: 111
  • veronicarose
    Options
    how tall are you!?
  • veronicarose
    Options
    I've always been a small frame on top, and before I started weigh gloss a few years ago, I went from a 30D and 126 pounds down to 98 pounds and a 30C. So not much! Now at a much healthier weight of 112 pounds, my bra size is a 30E/F, but it's all relative personally, a major difference for me, may be the pill...

how tall are you!?
  • mildammm
    mildammm Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    i've lost 10 pounds and my boobs got bigger. i'm 24 years old.
    bra size starting: 34D? something like that!
    bra size now: 32DD
    height: 4'11"
    weight: 111

Uh, volumetrically 34D is bigger than 32DD... So you lost a cup or got a better fitting bra.
  • MyRummyHens
    MyRummyHens Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    5'1 tall
    Was 28HH at 120lb
    Now 28FF at 98lb although I can only wear one make as the other 28's come up too big in the back.
  • Dewymorning
    Dewymorning Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I will let you know when I get back from bra shopping today. ;)
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    5'1 tall
    Was 28HH at 120lb
    Now 28FF at 98lb although I can only wear one make as the other 28's come up too big in the back.

Check out Ewa Michalak bras! There are tons in 26 bands. I am on the edge of 26/28 too and they are some of the only bras I have found in that band size.
  • a_lynn_white
    a_lynn_white Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    At my heaviest (198) I was a 36D......Now 40 pounds lighter I am a 34D. I am 5'6". Good luck!!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I'm kind of all over.

I was wearing a 36C- but if you scooped- it spilled out on top. Also when you make bra's for dance costumes- the sewing and pinching and pulling magically shrinks cups as well. So through the linked reddit articles- and my own deconstruction- construction of costume wear- I realized I was the wrong size- I- on a whim to experiment for costuming bought up a cup size and down a band size- and realized it fit. At some point went to Soma and got officially "fitted" she said 34D as well. The reddit article says I am a 32F I think. I'm scared to order bra's from brastop without ever having tried that on- but that's a great place to shop if you are comfortable with it.

The 34D mostly works I still get weird puckers along the inner cup edge. I was at TJMaxx last night and picked up a 36D- it's a fronsties- and I realized today driving to work that it was magically and I couldn't even tell I had it on- for 6 bucks that's a fu*king win. Different bra's fill out differently too- Maidenform- very comfie at first- but digs into my sternum- just because we all have breasts doesn't mean they are ANYTHING alike- mine sit out and wide- and require some structure to get them IN where they need to go.

I don't think I've really gone up or down a lot with my weight gain- but I can tell you the fact my lats are bigger has had a big impact.
  • sarafischbach9
    sarafischbach9 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    If you insist lol..

For reference, I am 5'3.5"

When I started on MFP I was 136 lbs ( probably 138 lbs around Christmas ). My underbust measurement was 30 and my bust was 38. I wore a 32DD/34D. There were times I'd swell during TOM and the 32DD/34D would be tight in the breast area ( not in the back though ). I wore a size 5/6 in jeans ( in most brands ) and a size medium in shirts. My waist was 27.5 and bloated to 28 during TOM or if I ate a bad meal.

Now I'm 116 lbs. My underbust measurement is 27.5/28 and my bust measurement is 34. I wear a 32C, but should probably wear a 30D, because the band fits more snug and is more supportive. I am probably going to be pushing a 32B/30C when I'm done losing weight ( which will be in a month or so ), but hopefully I will not lose much more. I'm wearing about a size 2 now.

So all in all, I've lost almost 20 lbs and dropped about 2-3 cup sizes. I like being "smaller." I can wear what I want without having to worry.

So every woman is different. Some women will lose inches in their under bust and bust, and other women will just lose in their bust but not so much in their under bust. Other women lose a lot of breast tissue and other women do not lose as much. It all just depends. I normally lose my fat in my breasts; that is how it is and I'm fine with that. I do not have the body to be slim and big busted, I can be slim and smaller busted, but not big!

You will probably lose some of your breasts, but you will feel good losing the fat everywhere else!
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    At my heaviest I might have worn a C in certain brands, but there isn't much left now. I could probably wear some As, but I'm wearing bras sized as S,M,L. M fits perfectly.

• arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    All of those pictures were taken when I first started this journey. They are much smaller now.

After a gander through your picture gallery, arabian, I really agree with this!
  • carissa321
    Options
    Great question!

At my heaviest I wore a 40C ... that was at 220 pounds, I'm 5'6". I lost 50 pounds and wore a 36D ... then I gained 30 pounds and am now wearing a 38C. BUT I carry MOST of my weight on my hips, butt and thighs ... so it will depend on what body type you have as to what your breast size will do with weight loss.

I always get "fitted" for my bras. There's nothing on this earth worse than wearing the wrong size! IMO
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    Here's my boobie reply of sadness times:

I'm 5'1"

Starting: 32 DD @ 140 lbs
    Current: 30 C @ 110 lbs (same cup as a 34 A)
  • LikesShineyThings
    Options
    I don't know if this is helpful, but I can tell you how my bra size changed when I GAINED weight. I'm really hoping I can get back to my previous bra size, lol.

I am just under 5ft 5inches (5'4.75") and I weighed about 135-140ish. I was a 34 B. I gained a lot of weight after an injury. My highest weight was 210ish pounds and my bra size went up to a 38D or 36D. I'm at about 190 now and I'm still wearing about a 36D although, I'm not sure if it's just me, but I feel like my bras are already starting to fit looser in the cups and in the straps.
  • Anelda
    Anelda Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I'm scared to order bra's from brastop without ever having tried that on- but that's a great place to shop if you are comfortable with it.

Don't be afraid of brastop. They have an awesome, awesome return policy for an overseas company.

Also, your overall breast shape, whether you have shallow breasts, full on top, full on bottom, wide roots, narrow roots, etc, will determine how well a bra fits. Once you find your 'size', finding your shape is the next important part.

Unfortunately, for me, it took a lot of trial and error. I have returned so, so many bras.

I'd post a link to what actual breast sizes look like, but it's very NSFW and can be found on the subreddit r/abrathatfits anyway.