if you could go back...

Options

Replies

• The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    You should really give that oldest kid of your's more presents.
  • ComradeTovarich
    ComradeTovarich Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Feed him better stuff and make him exercise or I will come back and haunt you in the middle of the night and sing It's Raining Men so you won't be able to sleep.
  • tiggerhammon
    tiggerhammon Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    To my mother: I love you and I am sorry you made the choices you did.
    To my father: I am just sorry you made the choices you did. Glad you finally see the light and realize why not one of your children will talk to you.
  • LVCeltGirl
    LVCeltGirl Posts: 473
    Options
    The only thing I'd have to say is something I'm sure has contributed to my weight problem.

Don't tell me that I can have whatever I want but I have to finish it all at a restaurant. Money is important and I know we don't have a lot but allow me to eat until full, not as a requirement.
  • tchell99
    tchell99 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Don't have screaming matches or physically fight in front of the kids.
    Don't try to get the kids to choose sides by bad-mouthing the other (either while still married or after the divorce).
    Don't tell the kids that if they'd never been born the ex would be out of their life.
    One more cause it really messed up my sis: NEVER tell a kid that one parent wanted them aborted.
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options

To my father: I am just sorry you made the choices you did. Glad you finally see the light and realize why not one of your children will talk to you.
    That's my father, as well.
    Same thing.
  • brewji
    brewji Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Buy me stock in Apple.

This.

And, a social life would have been nice.

That, and beating your kids is not going to help you later on in life.
  • cclarkcts
    cclarkcts Posts: 97
    Options
    One day you will be the reason that I try to be a better mom. So don't change anything. Your horrible parenting kept me a fighter.
    I'm with you.
    Yes.

^^same here

Yep
    [/quote]
  • TattooedNici
    TattooedNici Posts: 2,141 Member
    Options
    I'm sticking to what I said.
    A child should not have to be the adult when they are 12.

Exactly. I would have said this to my parents many, many times.
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    Nothing. I would thank them for what they have done for me and keeping me on the right path. I would want to thank them sooner than when I had.

THIS!!!!!!!
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    Don't leave me alone with my brother. What happens scarred me forever.
  • LJGettinSexy
    LJGettinSexy Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Wow, there's a lot of anger in some of your posts, which was not what I expected when I looked at the topic. Which is probably why the world is so misguided and violent. May I suggest therapy, and not on this type of forum.
  • tchell99
    Options
    Buy me stock in Apple.

Why, oh why, did you not teach me the magical powers of compounding interest??
  • JoelleAnn78
    JoelleAnn78 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    I'd tell my Dad that he could still be a part of my life even though his mistakes made him feel like he was not worthy of being my Dad. I'd rather have an imperfect parent than an absent one.

I'd tell my Mom that she does one hell of a job! Don't change a thing.
  • JoelleAnn78
    JoelleAnn78 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Wow, there's a lot of anger in some of your posts, which is probably why the world is so misguided and violent. May I suggest therapy, and not on this type of forum.

May I suggest you back away.
  • tchell99
    Options
    Wow, there's a lot of anger in some of your posts, which is probably why the world is so misguided and violent. May I suggest therapy, and not on this type of forum.

Not anger. Just hard-earned wisdom for some of us. I wouldn't change a thing about my experience because I learned a lot, but other kids would not have the constitution for some of the stuff I heard and saw. :flowerforyou:
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    BamaBreezeNSaltAire Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I would tell my Dad that his middle son is not baby Jesus and we'd appreciate being treated as he wasn't such.

I would tell my mom that while she was pining away over missing middle son baby Jesus' children, she still had one at home and appreciated being noticed for more than what she did wrong.

I would thank them however for all the good they did and the sacrifices they made and that they taught me right from wrong and how to stand on my own 2 feet.
  • LJGettinSexy
    LJGettinSexy Posts: 223 Member
    Options

May I suggest you back away.

You just proved my point, I wasn't being mean, I was being observant and taken aback with all the anger from the first few posts. So, if your post wasn't angry then I wasn't talking about you, get it