Ever wonder if the picture people post are really them?

Options

Replies

• Hodgenska
    Hodgenska Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I think some of the people are here are just using stock photos or photos they found on the internet. There are so many people with just a selfie of good abs. My photo is me, some people on here have insulted my looks, but only those who aren't brave enough to show their own face.

It irks me that people act that way on a forum like this. So much for support, huh?
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    this is not a dating site so who really cares

post whatever pictures you want ...

It's not? Crap...
    :sad:
  • lexcoulstring
    lexcoulstring Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I'm proud of what I have earned with my hard work. So I show it off.

Yup ^ that. You can look me up. What you see is me. :)
  • FatKidAtHeart88
    FatKidAtHeart88 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    All my pictures are of me :) And I add friends all the time. Why not have more supportive people? And if they end up being creepy... well, I can always delete them. This is the internet after all ;)
  • MizMiami305
    MizMiami305 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Mine is me - really! lol
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I think some of the people are here are just using stock photos or photos they found on the internet. There are so many people with just a selfie of good abs. My photo is me, some people on here have insulted my looks, but only those who aren't brave enough to show their own face.

These people are easy enough to figure out using a google image search.

And to get away with a fake photo, they wouldn't be able to have any other potentially identifying photos...

...so I actually believe that most of the ab selfies are legit.
  • Kenazwa
    Kenazwa Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Nope - I just assume that a lot of them are not.
  • quietair
    quietair Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    this is not a dating site so who really cares

post whatever pictures you want ...

It's not? Crap...
    :sad:

I can hear the thunderous clicking sound of lonely men typing you messages thinking that was a come on... lol!
  • SillaWinchester
    SillaWinchester Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    And who am I?
    That's a secret I'll never tell... you know you love me.
    Xoxo,
    Gossip Girl

;)
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    Not really. Except for the occasional cartoon character my pics are all of me. If someone wants to use a model or fitness competitor as an inspirational avatar, more power to him/her. People use this website in a variety of ways that work for them.
  • uconnwinsnc
    uconnwinsnc Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    7k1YAkal.jpg

But since I am not me, did you actually catch me? That is the philosophical question of the night. Also, you guys like my leopard oil painting? LOL
  • PatheticNoetic
    PatheticNoetic Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    No.
    I don't particularly care. I have no plans to meet anyone (one exception) so it doesn't matter if I know what they really look like.
  • Dkaykay
    Dkaykay Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    That's really my dog!
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    what i wonder most about pictures is the amount of selfies that are taken to show a good weight loss, is it too hard to ask someone to take your photo, its always a better picture when you dont have the camera in your hand.

You apparently haven't seen how bad of a photographer my husband is. Its much easier to get the shot I want myself (I don't have a tripod).

Yeah, I wonder about some people. It really doesn't matter to me but I do wonder sometimes on the forums. As for my friends, it can be pretty obvious whether it is/isn't based on other pics they have posted on their profile, in threads or blogs.
  • PatheticNoetic
    PatheticNoetic Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    ARF

Fizzgig!!
  • ks4e
    ks4e Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    <<-- def not me. I'm at least 30 years older than this gal here!
  • momma2azoo
    momma2azoo Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I changed my profile pic to a one of myself (hiking with my girls) in honor of this thread. Prior pic was of a sunflower I grew in my yard last summer. I don't have many pics of me because I'm usually the one taking pictures.

At the end of the day, profile pics don't really matter much. Without waxing overly philosophical, people can put up great false fronts even when you know them in real life. Sometimes I think online interactions are more honest. People tend to say what they mean with less of a filter when afforded the freedom of relative anonymity. If I had to choose, I'd rather know what someone really thinks than what they really look like.

There's a hilarious country song about being so much cooler online than in real life. Seems to be appropriate for this discussion.

Here are the lyrics:

http://www.metrolyrics.com/online-lyrics-brad-paisley.html
  • impyimpyaj
    impyimpyaj Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    <--- Totally me.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    All my pics are of me always. I like to be honest. I'm proud of my real fitness. But, I think it's obvious. I don't think anyone thinks my pics are fake. If they do then I guess I'm flattered by that, but also like "hey, this is me!"
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Mine's me.