amazing read.... thank you for posting x :flowerforyou:
  • claudineer
    claudineer Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Amazing. Great focus.
  • biggirl1000
    biggirl1000 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I've been following your story - you have been an inspiration to many.

Thank you!
  • healthyrequest
    Options
    What an inspiring story.Thanks for sharing it.This gives me hope that I too can accomplish my weight loss goals.Congratulations on your success.:wink:
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,381 Member
    Options
    Losing over 200 pounds was incredibly difficult for me but looking back on it the key to sustainable weight loss is simple – Never quit. I decided that no matter how hard things got I wouldn’t give up. No matter the temptations, no matter the obstacles, no matter the struggles – I wouldn’t quit. I knew that in past efforts I would let a bad day turn into a bad week. I would let a bad week turn into a bad month. I would let a bad month turn into a bad year. I decided that I wouldn’t let a bad today be a bad tomorrow.

I woke up each morning with a promise to myself that for just that one day I would control my eating and live a more active life. For just that one day I would forget yesterday regardless of how bad it was and focus on being better today. Then at the end of the day, regardless of how that day went, I would go to sleep with the plan to make the same promise the next day. Then I did.

Thank you for reading and good luck on your way to better health. Believe in yourself, because you can do it, and never, ever give up.
    This is my mantra too!! You are absolutely amazing and I am grateful to have watched you enter the century club and then went to the 2nd century!! You had plateaus, you had problems in life and most of all you had determination to never give up and that is exactly what it is all about, never ever giving up!! Success is never giving up and you are a perfect example of never giving up and not letting life get in the way. You are my hero!! Thanks for sending me the link and letting me be inspired to follow your example. I remember when you were "FatGuy450", Well buddy you are no longer the FatGuy!!! Whooohooo!!! Congrats Kevin and keep up the good work!!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    I also want to thank you for blogging your story too! I did not have time to read them all, but when I did I could always relate for sure and was inspired to stay on my game no matter what the challenges confronting me. Which like you is mostly myself!! Marvelous job!!:bigsmile: :flowerforyou:
  • kimstwin
    kimstwin Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Never quit. I decided that no matter how hard things got I wouldn’t give up. No matter the temptations, no matter the obstacles, no matter the struggles – I wouldn’t quit. I knew that in past efforts I would let a bad day turn into a bad week. I would let a bad week turn into a bad month. I would let a bad month turn into a bad year. I decided that I wouldn’t let a bad today be a bad tomorrow.

I think this paragraph says it all. Thanks for sharing your incredible story. I wish for your continued success and health.
  • alphabetsoup2013
    alphabetsoup2013 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    You are such an inspiration to everyone, Kevin. I hope you have some small sense of how truly awesome you are.
  • minijoanna
    minijoanna Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Your story is inspiring and your message is the truth. Never give up. Never give up on yourself. Best wishes for continued success on your journey.
  • Jeanne130LBS
    Jeanne130LBS Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I think you saved my program today. I have logged my food for 45 days straight, walked everyday and have lost only 6 lbs but felt good about that. We went to visit family in another state for the last 3 days and even though I brought my own foods I could not resist the wonderful comfort foods everyone brought to the gathering. Just got back on the scale and gained 2 lbs and I just said to myself, "what the hell? I probably will never stick to this so I ate a piece of cake.
    Then I read your post. When I read about the part of not letting one day turn into two, and one week turn into two etc. it hit me that my slip certainly didn't mean I couldn't start new tomorrow. Thanks, your story is incredible and makes the small amount of weight I have to lose seem so much easier. You look great, congrats :wink:
  • jeanniebeanie59
    jeanniebeanie59 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    thanks for such inspiration, just stopped myself from eating some Ben and Jerrys ice cream!! Ya!!
  • BeingKevin
    BeingKevin Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the kind words and best wishes, you are all much too kind.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Never quit. I decided that no matter how hard things got I wouldn’t give up. No matter the temptations, no matter the obstacles, no matter the struggles – I wouldn’t quit. I knew that in past efforts I would let a bad day turn into a bad week. I would let a bad week turn into a bad month. I would let a bad month turn into a bad year. I decided that I wouldn’t let a bad today be a bad tomorrow.

I think this paragraph says it all. Thanks for sharing your incredible story. I wish for your continued success and health.
    Yes it is a great paragraph! One we all need to remember for sure.
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    Losing over 200 pounds was incredibly difficult for me but looking back on it the key to sustainable weight loss is simple – Never quit. I decided that no matter how hard things got I wouldn’t give up. No matter the temptations, no matter the obstacles, no matter the struggles – I wouldn’t quit. I knew that in past efforts I would let a bad day turn into a bad week. I would let a bad week turn into a bad month. I would let a bad month turn into a bad year. I decided that I wouldn’t let a bad today be a bad tomorrow.

This times a million - I've used the "never let a bad day become a bad week" line before too.

People ask me all the time, "what's your secret" and really it's simple: I never quit.

Sure, you can play around with maco ratios and exercise routines and meal timing. But in the end the only thing that separates those who are successful at losing (and maintaining) from those who are not is perseverance.

Kevin, you're amazing.
  • leannerae40
    leannerae40 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring. You're exactly right - just never give up. It always inspires me to hear someone talk about their journey, helps me to stop feeling sorry for myself and just make it happen. Thanks for sharing your story - especially on a day that I needed to hear it!
  • RRB2000
    RRB2000 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    WOW....you look amazing. Awesome story, and I wish you much success on the rest of your journey. You look stunning! Thanks for sharing, you are a true inspiration!
  • slimbettie
    slimbettie Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Oh my! Your story is what I love about this website. Thanks so much for sharing. You are amazing.
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's great. And I like your motto: A bad day will no longer be a bad week, month, year. Every day is a NEW day, and you will work on reaching your goal THAT DAY.

Congrats on your HUGE accomplishment!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!